Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legion of the Iron Lions

Dark Angels Successor Unforgiven Legion of the Iron Lions Chapter

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

*best enjoyed on desktop*

Index Astartes
Jovanni Avatar

The Legion of the Iron Lions Space Marines Chapter
Origins

gallery_86595_11085_47151.png

The War of the Beats brought large amounts of destruction to the Imperium. Lord Commander of the Imperium Maximus Thane had decreed that the Imperium would raise as many new Chapters as they had gene-seed in the great vaults of Terra to sustain. A Fourth Founding chapter, the Legion of the Iron Lion was created with one goal in mind, to engage with the orks. Invictumos, a world that prides itself in its martial ability, and  one that has been fighting the orks since the days before the Imperium, would be the homeworld to such a chapter. As to which of the successors of the First Legion provided its veterans to raise the new chapter, it is not known. Only a legend told to initiates remains, "Just as the red cog engulfed the flame, so does the cog engulf the lion. Just as the wings flank the sword of the Lion, so does the cog engulf the sword of the Legion"

Homeworld: Invictumos

WIP

The Legion and the Unforgiven WIP

Circles within circles. Truth within lies. Lies within truth. Each cog has its role to play. 

The Iron and the Lion

WIP

Gene Seed:
Lion El'Johnson

Chapter Fluff Overview (temporary section):
Every chapter has a gimmick, this one is no different. Prior to discovery by the First Legion during the Great Crusade, Invictumos had made contact with a Forge World, Triatrii. The planet came to revere technology and the Omnissiah. Bionic augmenttion was not uncommon, but not to the extent of forge worlds. When the Dark Angels arrived, the planets defense force (the Leonus di Casarii, Lions of the Emperor) fought furiously  but were ultimately defeated by the astartes and forced into compliance. Later in history, an astartes chapter is founded on Invictumos. This chapter has close ties to the Lions of the Emperor (still the planets PDF). They call them fellow Legionaries, and share some organizational structure (a Legion made of 2 cohorts, each made of 6 centuries). Another aspect that they share is the alliance with the Forge World Triatrii. there is some tension and a secret agreement between the chapter and the Forge World, but they can be found working together often. ill touch on this in a little fluff piece later. The Chapter is not entirely trusted by the DA, and while they participate in the Hunt, they rarely interrogate and rather turn over the fallen to the DA or other more trusted chapters. the "truth" as they know it is not the truth as the DA know it.

Chapter Organization (temporary section):
i will be remaining some ranks to streamline them, originally there was a huge roman legion influence. for now ill write equivalent of the ones im unsure about
Pre Primaris - 
Legion Command
1 Master of the Legion
1 Grand Arbiter - Master of Sanctity, the only chaplain of comparable role to interrogator chaplains
1 Chief Oracle - Chief Librarian 

2 Cohorts, of equal structure. Cohort Ferrum sports black shoulders, Cohort Leonus sports red shoulders. Operate independently of each other.
1st Centurion - Lead the Hunt and 1st Century, have the role of both Belial and Sammael. 1st company is both the Death/Ravenwing. Silver Bulls for Deathwing and Bronze Eagles for Ravenwing. each color represent redemption and judgement respectively.
5 Centurions - Each lead a Century.
Arbiters - Chaplains, 1 per century, numbers may rise and fall
Chamber of Oracles - the librarius, numbers change depending on viable Marines
Apothecaries 
2nd - 6th Centuries - are typical of standard marine companies. 
Armoury

Post Primaris

TBD - Primaris will be cohort Ferrum (black shoulders) and Space Marines will be Cohort Leonus (Red shoulders). My chapter Master has gone through the rubicon also (mostly because hes getting modeled that way). i could also throw in a 3rd cohort for Primaris. either way, the primaris first century will be brought into the hunt. if i stay with 2 cohorts, id need to write some fluff as to why about half the Legion died. Maybe the orks are at it again, and the Primaris were the reinforcements. well see. 

starting to play around with some BBC code and trying to make the intro more presentable. expect some things to change in this area

Edited by jbaeza94, 12 February 2019 - 10:16 AM.

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

k0EYErV.pngCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
Out of interest, where in the imperium is Invictumos, could help decide what killed half the chapter.
Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion.

Victorus aut Mortis

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,952 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

There are two ways to find the template:

The hard way is to go to the Downloads section and look in the Background (Fluff) Downloads section (button on the left column), then click on Tools (also in the left column) and look for the WH40K DIY Article Templates.

Alternately, you can go to the DIY Resources topic here in the Liber (the main Liber forum, not the Liber Astartes sub-forum) and look at the DIY Aids section (second from the top). You'll find a link to templates for both BBCode (online) articles as well as for print articles (Microsoft Word files).

In fact, the Liber's DIY Resources topic is really good because it also has links to a number of handy articles.

There's also a third way, and that's to search for "template" and then go through the results that are returned until you find the one you're looking for.

Or I could just give you the link msn-wink.gif .

Are those the actual colors of your Chapter badge? My chief concern with the badge is that it is quite complex, with fine detail. Do you plan on painting it by hand? Or do you plan on creating decals?

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Out of interest, where in the imperium is Invictumos, could help decide what killed half the chapter.

Thats never been established.  So i guess anywhere could work haha

Are those the actual colors of your Chapter badge? My chief concern with the badge is that it is quite complex, with fine detail. Do you plan on painting it by hand? Or do you plan on creating decals?

Yes that is the actual chapter badge. i had decals made for it. they look alright shoulder pads, but youre right, it is fairly complex, and it did come out a bit pixely. they look good on big surfaces. theyve only been placed on one squad. so they can still be redone. id like maybe to have 2 badges, a simple one and a complex one for vehicles and the like. maybe ill find a simpler lion picture to place in the middle. just one head. 

20170922 130021
20170922 130003

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
It could be near:
the great rift/a warp storm- chaos
an ork base - orks
anywhere - tyrannids, eldar or necrons
the eastern fringe/that outpost thing t'au have- t'au
or somewhere else - something unknown/the fallen
  • jbaeza94 likes this
Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion.

Victorus aut Mortis

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Well their homeworld is constantly being attacks by orks, since you know once theyre there, theyre kinda there forever. Also, the chapter was created in the aftermath of the Beast as a chapter who specialized in killing orks. i think it would be fitting that orks would be the ones to seriously wound them.

an alternative, would be Hive fleet hydra. mostly because im building a hydra army ha. could make for some good pictures too

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Some older fluff i wrote a few years ago

“Only in Death Does Duty End”

Loading dock was teeming with life. Chapter serfs and servitors moved frantically, attempting to complete their tasks quickly. The loud clank of pistons and gears grinding against each other, air pressure being let out in puffs of steam. Chaos. Loud claxons sang their song, while the squads of astartes were directed to their landing vehicles. Righteous Respite. It has delivered squad Carmelio into battle twice before, and for the third time, it will be delivering us again into the maelstrom of battle. The 7 battle brothers stood in formation in front the drop pod, Honored Sergeant Carmelio, paced in front of the formation. His voice was like a guilded bolter, and elegantly crafted machine of booming terror with one purpose, bloody war.

“Into deaths very own hand we dive once more brothers. For this very purpose the Iron Lions have been founded, because no other chapter can smite down the green tide like the sons of Invictumos!” Sergeant Carmelio observed us as we all stood in silence, unmoving figures of discipline. His voice dropped from loud and charismatic, to a low speaking tone. “Now, this menace has decided to spring to life on our very own home world once more. This time they have managed to lay waste to many fortresses of Invictumos.”

Brother Victor raised his voice, “What about the warhound pack pledged by Triatrii III Honored Sergeant? Have the servants of the Omnissiah, blessed be His iron, abandoned their duties?” Sergeant Carmelio shook his head.

“No brother, this is a Waagh the likes of which has never been seen by Invictumos. Warhound pack Burning Absolution has been nearly destroyed. Only one god machine remains, and it has been rendered immobile. It has stood sentry in front of the gates of Liamane for the last 3 days. It will not hold much longer.”

“Liamane?” spoke out Genevia angered. “Have the orks really pushed as far as our fortress monastery?”

“Have the Lions of the Cassari really become so weak?” spewed Leon.

“Silence you two!” shouted Sergeant Carmelio. “Do not disrespect our fellow legionnaires again! They may just be men, but they too are Lions nonetheless. Is that understood?”

“Yes Honored Sergeant” they humbly replied.

“Very well. Our task is too to provide much needed relief to the forces defending Liamane. This will be done via drop pod assault. Lions of the 4th century will be deployed in full force behind the main line. We will crush the orks between the walls of the city and the wall of bolter fire. Once we land, clear the immediate area of threats. Our squad will be deployed with a heavy bolter and flamer. Apothecary Fillion will be joining us as well. Our specific task will be to overrun the ork artillery pieces, then advance towards the east wall, and isolate the orks attempting to breach the walls. Squads Devian and Quatria will be operating to our left. Squad Angelo will be to our right. The other four squads will be deploying on the opposite end of us, and will pincer the green skins between us and them. The Centurion and his praetorians will be joining them. We will be receiving close support from the Bronze Eagles and their vehicles. Are there any questions?”

“Will we be able to witness the Silver Bulls in battle, Honored Sergeant?” I asked inquisitively.

Sergeant Carmelio chuckled to himself. “How long have you been a full battle brother? 2 years?” He laughed once more. “I don’t think your quite ready to witness them yet. They have their own tasks to accomplish, far far from us. May the Emperor grant you long enough life to witness them.” I heard footsteps approach us. The astartes wore dark gray power armor just like ours, but his arms and helmet were white. His helmet had various optics attached to it, and his arm carried a tool with drills and other fine instruments. His right shoulder pad had been recently painted to white, but a bright red helix adorned it. An apothecary, a newly trained apothecary.

“Ah, welcome Apothecary Fillion. Honored to have you join us.” The apothecary simply nodded. “Are there any more questions?” There was brief silence. “Very well. Ensure your war gear is properly anointed and say any last prayers to appease its machine spirit. Stand by for boarding.”

I looked down and examined my heavy bolter. I spoke to its machine spirit and prayed to the Omnissiah that it may fire true. It was a beautiful creation. Its intricate mechanisms carefully blessed and anointed by many brothers before me, each name engraved along its side. it was an honor to carry this weapon. Should I fall in the execution of my duties, may my name be inscribed as well. A loud claxon rang. It was time. The doors of Righteous Respite dropped down. The inside was painted bone, with a silver navigation console in its center. A red light dimly lit the interior. From the top hung a storm bolter. It swiveled to the left, then to the right, up, then down. Finally it rested in its home position. One by one we filed off into the drop pod. I stood in front of my harness and backed into it. My power pack connected with the harness, and a brace came down over my head to secure me in place. The doors were raised. The red light dimly lit the interior, but my helmet adjusted its visual sensors to account for the dimness. On the outside I could hear the explosive bolts being attached by the servitors. The next time those doors would open, we would be on the ground. The pod shook as it was lifted up by mechanical arms and placed into the launch tube.

“Lions,” Sergeant Carmelio roared over the vox, “Invictumos shall not fall!”

“For Invictumos is invincible!” we all shouted in reply. The red light turned yellow. The engines began to fire inside the drop pod. "Honor the Legion!"

The pod was then ejected from its launch tube and blazed towards Liamane. The pod shook violently as we went from high orbit into low orbit. The heat began to rise inside the pod, atmospheric friction set the pod ablaze from the outside. High pitched pings could be heard coming from the outside. We were taking fire. I worried not however. This was not the first time I dropped into fire laden skies. The armor of the pod would hold... Two high caliber shots managed to pierce the armor, and struck brother Leon in the chest. It left a very deep scar on his armor, but the round had lost most of its velocity, and he remained uninjured. Suddenly a loud explosion was heard and the pod began to spin violently. The yellow light was flashing red now and warning sirens were blaring. We were not coming down upright anymore. We were tumbling through the sky. I could hear the thrusters outside engaging and disengaging. The machine spirit was desperately trying to correct the trajectory and stabilize the pod.

“Lions!” bellowed Sergeant Carmelio, “What is your duty?”

“To serve the Emperors will!” we replied

“What is the Emperors will?”

“That we fight and die!”

“What is death?

“It is our duty!”

“Brace!”

The thrusters under the drop pod fired and attempted to slow our descent, but it was not enough. Righteous Respite crashed into Invictumos. I could not see for a moment, but I knew something wasn’t right. I felt… pain, a sharp pain, and could feel my torso was becoming wet. I looked around me and could see what remained of Brother Genevia. The control console had had broken loose and crushed him against his harness. I continued to look around, and could see my brothers unbuckling their harness as best they could. Then I heard a loud bang. The explosive bolts activated. The doors shot open and it was then that I realized we were laying sideways. I attempted to move too undue my harness but noticed that I could not. I noticed, I… I had been impaled through my chest by the storm bolter’s pintle mount. My armor had begun to deploy coagulants and pain killers to help me cope with my injury and fight on, but it was not enough. Breathing began to become labored, and I could feel that my primary heart had failed.

A scream was heard, “Apothecary!” It was Brother Leon. The apothecary moved towards me. The roar of ork shootas and boltguns filled the sky. The fighting had begun.

“Where is that heavy bolter?” shouted Sergeant Carmelio.

“He’s been critically injured Honored Sergeant!” responded Leon.

“Do what you must! Just get me that weapon!” Sergeant Carmelio ran off to find better cover and employ the other battle brothers.

The apothecary looked at me, he shook his head “You cannot be saved.” He bent down next to me and stared at me. “It was once said, pain and death are illusions of the weak mind. While his gene-seed returns to the Chapter, a Marine cannot die. Without death, pain loses its relevance. He that may fight, heal him. He that may fight no more, give him peace. He that is dead, take from him the Chapter's due.” He turned to Brother Leon. “You will need my help. You must carry his weapon; it is needed on the battlefield.”

“Yes apothecary.” Leon solemnly replied.

“Brother, I will give you the Emperors peace, so that you may be useful to the Legion once more.” He stood and drew his bolt pistol. He raised it and leveled it with my head. I closed my eyes and began to whisper to myself,

Glory to the Emperor on Terra, may His will be done. Praise be the Omnissiah, may His iron provide the way. Honor the Primarch. May He always guide us. Only in death, does duty…”

Peace.

Edited by jbaeza94, 11 February 2019 - 06:39 PM.

• Machine God and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,464 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The short story is well-written, but requires further editing before it's fit to post online. Remember, the tabs that separate paragraphs in a *.txt or *.rtf file, are automatically omitted when it's converted into an *.html file, rendering the story a difficult-to-read "wall of text." A blank line is usually used to divide paragraphs in an *.html file...

Like so.

The title should also be separated from the first paragraph, and may be bolded, italicized, or both, to further distinguish it from the main body of the text.
  • jbaeza94 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

The short story is well-written, but requires further editing before it's fit to post online. Remember, the tabs that separate paragraphs in a *.txt or *.rtf file, are automatically omitted when it's converted into an *.html file, rendering the story a difficult-to-read "wall of text." A blank line is usually used to divide paragraphs in an *.html file...

Like so.

The title should also be separated from the first paragraph, and may be bolded, italicized, or both, to further distinguish it from the main body of the text.

I appreciate the advice and help. I'll edit it soon. Thanks

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,255 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Also you've spelled Waagh wrong as Waahg in Carmelio's speech.

• jbaeza94 likes this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Also you've spelled Waagh wrong as Waahg in Carmelio's speech.

oh, dumb mistake.good catch. 

hows it look now? easier to read?

• Machine God likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,464 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

hows it look now? easier to read?

Yes.
  • jbaeza94 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels Successor, Unforgiven, Legion of the Iron Lions Chapter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users