Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some beginner questions & my Munda stuff

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

‘Tis quite a handy tip.

Leader looks great!

gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,846 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Melee champ is almost done now. 

aC0DmwL.png

• HvitrValdyr likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

Melee champ is almost done now.

Great pose! I hope to see her completed soon. Don't forget to add bloodstains when weathering the model.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,846 posts

Initial sketch and first round of GS on a juve that I want to obviously look younger and smaller than the normal models, like the original minis did. 

yNLvjCH.png

TjIKbVJ.png

I wanted one of my lasgun gals to be aiming her gun and it was going to be extremely difficult to pull off with the options presented with the gang sprues, so I nabbed a spare Van Saar lasgun from several extras I'd purchased off eBay a little while back. 

EfrVtB7.png

I'd like the level of the gun to be higher and I'll address that next, but I like the way it's looking already. 

• HvitrValdyr and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,846 posts

Update on the tactical Escher gal with a better positioning of the gun as well as a slight change to left leg to open up her stance for something better suited to shooting than the previous catwalk strut. 

XxqcsO6.png

While I was working on this last night, it made me think of a video game character I might model her after:

YnyEGWi.png

Maya, Queen of the elemental SMGs, from Borderlands 2 for those who aren't familiar. If I did a bodysuit like hers, I wouldn't have to sculpt abs again...

• HvitrValdyr and Cadius like this

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

great idea for the body suit

x3aDeGlt.png

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Ahh, I love classic Maya. Did you get a hold of the Warlord Zombie sprues in the end? Like I said, they’re great for open hands and you can still make a pile of Zombies afterwards, which is nice. Some of the heads look pretty good on Imperial Guard (or Necromunda) models, as some of the Zombie heads just look like grumpy and scared humans (rather than the literal undead. They have a flat neck rather than a ball and socket joint, but with your GS skills, I’m sure you’d manage. I can sort out some scale shots if you’re curious?

There are some cool looking conversions here. For some reason, I really like the one with the skirt. My gaming group are kicking off a second Campaign at the end of November, so it’s nice to get some inspiration for Necromunda again.

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,846 posts

No, I couldn't find any of the zombie spures as it appears they're OOP. sad.png

Like a lot of my figures that frequently conjure up little stories in my head, these Eschers are no different! I envision a scene where the two new juves are joining the gang for their first battle and the big scary leader with her respirator mask, giant mohawk, and plasma pistol is telling the one girl that the skirt is likely to get her killed in combat and if she lives she should consider pants. If I ever get around to playing and the time comes that the juves are upgraded to regular gang members, I want to do new versions of them. 

• Brother Dallo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users