I, Khornehunter57x, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Ultramarines Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete one Land Raider of total value of 297 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_45382_4545_76276.jpg
(note - final product will be blue, so I'm assuming that this is acceptable.)

I, Canadian_F_H, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Black Templars cataphractii captain with relic blade, a Black Templars Primaris captain with power sword, an Imperial Fists terminator librarian with combi plasma, and 6 imperial fists intercessors of total value 415 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Feel free to verify, i dont have any 8th edition books so i used Battlescribe and hopefully didnt screw up.

Hidden Content

+++ ETL-VII 2019 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Adeptus Astartes ++

++ [415pts] ++

Captain in Cataphractii Armor [106pts]: Combi-bolter, Relic blade

Librarian in Terminator Armor [121pts]: Combi-plasma, Force stave

Primaris Captain [86pts]: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Power sword

Intercessor Squad [102pts]: Bolt rifle

5x Intercessor

Intercessor Sergeant

++ Total: [415pts] ++

Also hid the image, this thread can be murder for some of our freinds with sluggish cogitor engines.

Hidden Content

1C6JHXy6_o.png

Updates will mostly be here...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305544-cfh-acadian-crusade-wip-plog/page-6?do=findComment&comment=5330444

To avoid clogging the outpost too much.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I'll be making a vow either tonight or tomorrow morning. I have to take stock of what I have in need of painting and decide what I think I can finish.

A Leviathan and the Obsidian Knight are distinct possibilities.

Good to see a lot of activity here! 

Welcome Khornehunter57x and Canadian_F_H, good luck to both! 

@ phoenix01: Congratulations on your completion! Will you be vowing again? :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ phoenix01: Congratulations on your completion! Will you be vowing again? :smile.:

Yes, I will.

I, phoenix01, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes Ultramarines and vow to complete an Ultramarine Captain in Phobos Armor and a Lieutenant in Phobos Armor for a total value of 205 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_37154_11353_1007483.jpg

gallery_37154_11353_203767.jpg

VOW COMPLETE. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356286-space-marines-outpost/?p=5334098

Edited by phoenix01

I Jereth datiger  confirm completion of my fist vow offering photo evidence to show. 

These were painted using gw and dark star paints and were done using the standard base shade highlight method. 

I worked hard on them and feel confident that future models will look even better

Chapter logos are from shape ways and the head crest is from spell crow 

Vow 1 final 4

Vow one final 3

Vow one final 2

Vow one final 1

Long live the emperor

My 2nd vow will certainly be me soon after completion verification 

Edited by Jerethdatiger

I MarshallRigaud rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete 3 Primaris Inceptors with Plasma, and 5 Intersessors with bolt rifles of total value 220 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

PaintCompStarter

2nd vow to begin upon verification of the first

I jerethdatiger, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes emperors spears and vow to complete an

Captain in Gravis Armor 7 PL, 118pts Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Warlord

Primaris Librarian 7 PL, 101pts Force sword

Intercessor Squad 5 PL, 85pts Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad 5 PL, 85pts Bolt rifle

. 4x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Aggressor Squad 6 PL, 108pts 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Reiver Squad 5 PL, 100pts Combat knife/bolt pistol, Grav Chutes bolt 

. 4x Reiver

. Reiver Sergeant

. . Bolt Carbine/Heavy Bolt Pistol

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts] Assault bolter x2, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

Suppressor Squad [5 PL, 105pts

. 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute

. Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

Totaling 50 PL, 837pts

By September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Vow 2  sprues

IMG 20190605 010655 compress75

JPEG 20190605 011017 compress52

I, Metzombie, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Captain in Phobos Armour(119), a Lieutenant in Phobos Armour(86), a Lieutenant with Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol and Lightning Claw(86) and 5 Hellblasters with Assault Plasma Incinerators(175) with a total value of 466 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

DSCF6745

Progress Report

Put in a little work on the ETL Vow today.

Army Green spray paint went on a tad thicker than I like. My fault but workable. Put Dragon Red then Pure Red on all 10 Aggressors before giving it a break. I'll finish them up with Spiritstone Red next session. Decided to start playing around with how much Black (eventually drybrushed with Hardened Carapace) and started with this guy.

The gun is a honking huge amount of black. I'll use Brass on the bolt ammo but pretty set on keeping all Warhawk field weapons matt black. the Aquila will get a gold similar to the Hellblasters and Intercessors. My one concession to the pseudo-camo theme. The pauldrons will be black also. I think with the hip plates and joint caps on the legs that should be enough.

ANY ideas are welcome however. Thanks guys

sml_gallery_7985_14167_61127.jpg

sml_gallery_7985_14167_29195.jpg

sml_gallery_7985_14167_72771.jpg

Great progress: Completions, revowings and new participants! Excellent! 

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I thewarriorhunter rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete one Lieutenant in Phobos Armour of total value 86 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

rVRI3HCh.jpg

Uh blue alchemy barrels 1/1 then move to each of the following in 1/4 stages applied with a chopped up brush

Starting with

scale color blue alchemy

Game color gunmetel

Dark star blackened bronze

Dark star bronze

War paints. Greedy gold

Dark star regency gold

Then blue alchemy highlights on just the edge s of vents

Dog of white alchemy in center

Barrel tip is purple ink in a sooty blow back on the tip bit

Blue ink where there's the purple like a highlight but darker

Then black on the very tip and black center to vs and tip

1/1 then

3/4 1/4

2/4 2/4

1/4 3/4

4/4

Repeat with next color

Edited by Jerethdatiger

(WIP) Almost there...

Hidden Content
gallery_45382_4545_29323.jpg

The clean, semi-gloss finish is intentional - with my Ultramarines, I'm painting them as if they stepped into battle moments ago from Drop Pods or Thunderhawks, so their armor is pristine and polished with the efforts of a thousand servitors. The idea is that they are parade-perfect for every drop - no weathering, no battle damage, even scuff marks and normal wear have been buffed out and cleaned up.

To Do:

Hidden Content
Wash the recesses on the blue, paint the gunner w/Twin Heavy Bolter (not pictured), paint the converted targeter (not pictured - magnetized to the circular area above where the Heavy Bolters usually are), antennas (not pictured), decals, and another coat of varnish.

Really liking the bright blue for your ultramarines KhorneHunter, I'm excited to see what the whole vow will look like with that pristine paintjob. 

Update on my vow, got the first 5 Sternguard done, pictured with my other CF atm, and Emperor be willing my first vow will be done on Friday. Then the mountain of yellow starts...

fDTyaRW.jpg

Great progress al around - and a welcome to thewarriorhunter! 

Now are there more Astartes out there that want to commit to this, most holy, Crusade? Step forward! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT