+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Obligatory WIP photo.

gallery_60109_14893_184253.jpg

I know it looks like I've only base coated the legs - which is mostly true. I've also spent a load ot time filing, bending and test fiiiting the torso assembly so that it's ready to assemble.

With all the rain, spray coating time has been limited but hopefully more progress will happen this weekend.

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Sternguard Veteran Squad of total value 134 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_40907_9492_28773.jpg

Quandary: what colour to paint the robes on my Captains?

Possible solutions: White seems to be the general choice for BA, or in line with company markings (various heraldic combinations of red and yellow)

I am wondering about something different though. Maybe Fenrisian Grey, or Caledor Blue, or even Baneblade Brown as a base. What do the fratres think?

Welcome spagunk, good luck with your vow! :)

Good progress guys - let's see if you can bring more participants aboard! 

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The most common colour for Blood Angels cloaks is cream/beige but there are plenty other colours that would work with red armour as well. Brown, grey and black are all fairly neutral colours that work on most models.

Yes... choice is the problem. Essentially I just don’t think white robes will look good with the bone coloured parchment of the purity seals. I guess I could have gone with different colour purity seals...

My Karlaen got golden cloak. Perhaps a little ostentatious, but hey - 1st Company! ;)

Purple hue is also an option.

Haha that is cool, but again my Captains already have plenty of gold on them.

Not sure about red and purple. Will keep thinking.

Give them a marble cloak

The most common colour for Blood Angels cloaks is cream/beige but there are plenty other colours that would work with red armour as well. Brown, grey and black are all fairly neutral colours that work on most models.

Yes... choice is the problem. Essentially I just don’t think white robes will look good with the bone coloured parchment of the purity seals. I guess I could have gone with different colour purity seals...

Well I didn't mention white at all. ;)

In case of white'ish colours, you can differentiate between purity seals and cloak with shading colours- browns for seals/parchment, greys/blues for the cloak.

Just food for thought.

I generally avoid cloaks for the very reason of choices :P

Edited by Majkhel

Alright, even though I said I wouldn't take part ... I think I'll find enough time to finish a vow from mid july on. So here goes nothing!

I sfPanzer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Vanguard Librarian, 1 Primaris Lieutenant with Powersword, 3 Suppressors and 1 Repulsor (Twin-Las, Lastalon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Fragstorm grenade launchers, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, all the Storm Bolters) with a total value of 599 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me and the Knights of Baal eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

VSI04fdl.jpg

6Ikbd3zl.jpg

(got the OK from Captain Semper for this one as it's only primed and the red blocked in to decide where I actually want to paint it)

Speed painted the scouts to the most basic tabletop standard because I thought I might field them last night (though real life intervened).

Think the curse of trimming/molding has become apparent- it looks good enough until the paint goes on! (So I think I will rework the legs as well as tidying up the paint)

gallery_124500_15401_1569787.jpeg

Speed painted the scouts to the most basic tabletop standard because I thought I might field them last night (though real life intervened).

Think the curse of trimming/molding has become apparent- it looks good enough until the paint goes on! (So I think I will rework the legs as well as tidying up the paint)

gallery_124500_15401_1569787.jpeg

Heeeeeey, those Scouts really turned out. They wouldn't look out of place in a Primaris army.

Made serious, serious progress on all 4 dreads I vowed. One DC Dread is close to completion, one more layer to go outside of basing and the endless finishing touches that go on forever until one reminds himself that the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop.

Not frickin’ bad, if I may say so myself, considering I spent a mere day* on them!

*though it was almost an entire sunny summer Saturday sacrificed

I Demoulius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 5 jump pack assault marines with powersword sargeant and 2 plasmagunners, 3 inceptors with assault bolters and a Slamguinius captain (jump pack, storm shield and thunderhammer) and a Librarian dreadnought with heavy flamer; for the total value of 507 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the oathbreaker unil the year-end.

I Demoulius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 5 jump pack assault marines with powersword sargeant and 2 plasmagunners, 3 inceptors with assault bolters and a Slamguinius captain (jump pack, storm shield and thunderhammer) and a Librarian dreadnought with heavy flamer; for the total value of 507 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the oathbreaker unil the year-end.

Get that before picture up before you get all hasty and paint anything ;)

Reporting Inceptors completed:
gallery_105306_14251_225484.jpg
Some more pictures in my WIP thread.
Now I guess I'll get to the Libby Dread. And I need to speed up a little because this Indy is so right:

...the endless finishing touches that go on forever until one reminds himself that the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop.

:)

I'm still struggling along with my Infiltrators, I can't get past the feeling gnawing at me that the model is unfinished, the right shoulder looking like a pad is missing and the skull shortage. Also finding I'm hating their 'modern' bolters, they are a mess of detail that adds nothing to the model. Hoping to have them finished by early next week though (to a good enough standard I can put them away, maybe revisit them if I end up using them regularly.