+++Space Wolves Outpost+++

The door to the Hearth Hall slams open, allowing in blast of frigid air. The pack of wolf kin that had been contentedly asleep not far from the door look up and snarl their annoyance at being awoken by the sudden clamour and cold. In lopes a Brother Astartes, his dark mood etched across his face, and kicks the door shut behind himself. 'Apologies Brothers, for my lateness to the fight. I hope I haven't missed to much.'

I, yoyoninja, pledge my brush to the forces of the Vlka for the battle of ETL VII.

My vow consists of

a 5 man pack of intercessors with bolt rifles, an aux grenade launcher and a chainsword on the pack leader (based in The Fang)

a 3 man Aggressor pack, with boltstorm gauntlets and frag grenade launchers

a Venerable Dreadnought with Great axe and Blizzard shield, with underslung storm bolter

a home made Landspeeder with Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher (if more pics are required of this Cpt Semper, just let me know)

a Relic Spartan Assault Tank with twin heavy bolters and 2x quad Lascannons

for a total of 938 points

ETL VII group

Sorry its a single group pic, I was having trouble with the image uploader and this is all I could get to work. if you need any more, let me know.

For Russ and the All Father!
Edited by Yoyo ninja

Update to our work.  My son and I have base coated all the models and almost all of them have been given a base of The Fang using the spray cans (It's going to hurt losing those base coat cans, a lot.)

Anyway, we justed off my airgun and compressor and did a run of Russ Grey over the first squad.  Then I started doing detail work (he's got some dexterity trouble and he's a perfectionist.)

Anyway, they are coming along, the plasma gun guy is actually done except for transfers, which I don't know if we're going to do or not.  I'm really happy with how the Plasma Gun guy turned out.

The scheme is straight GW Space Wolves; Flat Black primer, The Fang, Russ Grey, Agrath Earthshade along recesses only, highlight Fenris Grey, with Mephiston Red and Leadbelcher pauldrons; leadbelcher, nuln oil, highlight runefang steel for weapons.  Ulthuan Grey and Mourn Mountain snow for the bases.

Edit: Eyes are Mephiston Red, Ceramite White drop, glaze with Bloodletter glaze, which I'm sad the glazes are going away as well. I should be using white scar for the lense effect but I don't have any.  Need to buy some.

64350027 10157121984878950 5758006450358059008 N

64760855 10157121984943950 5797694641117593600 N

Edited by templargdt

Update to our work.  My son and I have base coated all the models and almost all of them have been given a base of The Fang using the spray cans (It's going to hurt losing those base coat cans, a lot.)

Anyway, we justed off my airgun and compressor and did a run of Russ Grey over the first squad.  Then I started doing detail work (he's got some dexterity trouble and he's a perfectionist.)

Anyway, they are coming along, the plasma gun guy is actually done except for transfers, which I don't know if we're going to do or not.  I'm really happy with how the Plasma Gun guy turned out.

The scheme is straight GW Space Wolves; Flat Black primer, The Fang, Russ Grey, Agrath Earthshade along recesses only, highlight Fenris Grey, with Mephiston Red and Leadbelcher pauldrons; leadbelcher, nuln oil, highlight runefang steel for weapons.  Ulthuan Grey and Mourn Mountain snow for the bases.

Edit: Eyes are Mephiston Red, Ceramite White drop, glaze with Bloodletter glaze, which I'm sad the glazes are going away as well. I should be using white scar for the lense effect but I don't have any.  Need to buy some.

They are looking great, very well done to you and your son :tu:

Bulk buy the glazes asap, I need to lay my hands on Guillemann blue and bloodletter red as they are key for me

Transfers are not too bad to do.

My main advice, is t put gloss varnish on the shoulder pad before applying the transfer.

And get some microsol & microset.

Almost all decals n a curved surface will not conform to the curve so the microset softens it enough that it will lay down on the pad properly.

Give it overnight to dry properly, then gloss varnish over the decal.

It seals it in and stops the silver effect you get.

Once the gloss is dry hit it with matte varnish and the decal is done, looks like you painted it on too.

Loads of good tutorials on youtube for it..

They are looking great, very well done to you and your son :thumbsup:

Bulk buy the glazes asap, I need to lay my hands on Guillemann blue and bloodletter red as they are key for me

My main advice, is t put gloss varnish on the shoulder pad before applying the transfer.

Almost all decals n a curved surface will not conform to the curve so the microset softens it enough that it will lay down on the pad properly.

Once the gloss is dry hit it with matte varnish and the decal is done, looks like you painted it on too.

Thanks, I tried to do Black Templars transfers on other models and couldn't make it work.  I'll give that a try.

They are looking great, very well done to you and your son :thumbsup:

Thanks, I tried to do Black Templars transfers on other models and couldn't make it work.  I'll give that a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_D3Azp4bw

ere is a good video and it a son of dorn :)

Warhammer-40000-Space-Marine-HD_1680x105

SONS OF RUSS, THE DARK ANGELS ARE GAINING THE UPPER HAND!

DO NOT LET THIS COME TO PASS! STAND BY THE FANG NOW!

@ Triszin: That Stormwolf looks fantastic - a great idea to do those streaks, they deliver a very unique result! :thumbsup: 

@ templargdt: MkIII eh? good choice! And a good thing you're getting your sone into the hobby! Being a perfectionist will fit right in! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

"Kingseekers, we are here... spread out and assess the field... I feel like this will be a fierce fight!"
                                        - Wolf Lord Gøran Stjarnasok

9neLrhG.jpg

First things first:
I, RikuEru, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Space Wolves and vow to complete this contingent of the Wolves of Skógr of total value 779 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

My Contingent consists of the following:
Primaris Wolf Lord with Mastercrafted Boltrifle and Power Sword - (86 points)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Powerfist (Chainfist as Counts-as) - (69 points)
Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Poweraxe - (65 points)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Thunder Hammer - (81 points)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Power Sword - (64 points)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Chainsword - (60 points)

5 Intercessors (85 points)

3 Aggressors with Boltstorm-Gauntlets and Grenade-Launchers -  (111 points)

1 Redemptor Dreadnought with Macro Plasma Incinerator, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Redemptor Fist and Heavy Flamer - (158 points)

5jAdPvu.jpg

More Pictures in the Gallery

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Secondly:
As a matter of honour, I will restate my challenge made, as an answer to Captain Semper's Challenge:

I, RikuEru, of the brawling Sixth will accept your challenge and honour it in turn!

IF the DAs get a higher ETL Score than the SWs by the end of the event, I will paint a 5 man squad of Primaris Dark Angels and the DA Lieutenant (Zahariel?) dedicated to the 5 top scoring DAs players and honourable (Captain) Semper. (The difference in rank is merely on GWs part and not a personal attack)

While my collection and bits boxes do not allow me to make the "commission" as customizable as yours, I will ensure all 6 of them will be converted to be characterful, worthy Sons of the Lion and painted to the best of my abilities.

All good things come in threes:
I will also add my vow to the Mark of the Liber, to earn myself the Custos Veritas and tell the first official Imperial Records of the Wolves of Skógr Primaris Chapter.

P.S.: Plaese someone with more knowledge have a look over my points costs. Those are just basic Codex numbers, I do not have Chapter Approved.
PM me the corrections and I will insert them immediately!

EDIT: Captain Semper, thanks to jbickb my pointscost should be correct now! - We got some amazing price cuts... too bad for ETL that's a downside!

Edited by RikuEru

Welcome onboard RikuEru - good luck with this sizeable vow! 

I Captain Semper of the mighty First will re-terate my challenge too:  

IF the SWs get a higher ETL Score than the DAs by the end of the event, I will paint 5 SWs Battle leaders corresponding to the 5 top scoring SWs players. Furthermore, I'll customise those Battle Leaders to the specs of the 5 top scoring SWs players, so it could be anything from Power armour, Terminator Armour (any kind), Primaris or on Thunder Wolf.

Something similar to the "Debt to the Wolves" I did some years ago (see my sig).

ALSO:

Now the Wolves have 20 participants! If you guys make it 30 by the end of the recruitment period (July 1st), I, Captain Semper, Member of the Inner Circle and The Master of Recruits, will paint 5 Wolven straight out of the box and dedicate each one to the five higher scoring SWs participants in ETL VII.

There. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Made some progress today; all the 1st squad of Grey Hunters are shaded and the plasma guns are done.  I only have a few things left; a few bolt pistols, the crest on the pack leader helm, highlight the squad, and finish basing with mourn mountain snow.  Still not sure about the decals, I really don't like working with them.

22 June 19 update