+++Adepta Sororitas Outpost+++

Alright, making my first vow today. Before I do, I want to be clear:

Can each vow include more than one unit?

If not, then max sized units are best for the challenge because of the five vow restriction, right?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have decided that I shall not be participating in ETL this year. Despite a little bit of a painting bug beginning to bite, I just cannot commit the time or finances to it.

A number of the paint I need have dried out and require rebuying which means an hour drive to the nearest place with paint.

Add to that a lack of painting space and a handy 2 year old and a very busy work period; it's going to be more stressful to try and make time for painting.

Next year.

No worries Atrus, take your time to replenish your hobby materiel and there will be other opportunities (possibly earlier than the next ETL :wink: )

Alright, making my first vow today. Before I do, I want to be clear:

Can each vow include more than one unit?

If not, then max sized units are best for the challenge because of the five vow restriction, right?

Thanks

Shard of Magnus' response was bang on! 

Last question: How do I hide my pics with spoiler tags again? 

Sorry to be a pain- someone already told me once, but I never got around to actually posting the pics, so I forgot. Thanks in advance.

You're not a pain at all! 

You just put the spoiler tags before and after the content you wish hidden. 

and [/spoiler[ 

I've typed the second tag with the second bracket inverted on purpose so it will not activate. You do it the correct way. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sweet! That is the Raging Heroes War Pulpit! 

I want this model... A lot.

I was going to use the Warglaive rules, but make it a part of my Penitent Legion. I wasn't sure how I felt about it's legs, so I figure I'd use Warglaive legs, and since I'd have to buy a Warglaive to do it, I'd probably use its arms too, just to make it more consistent with the rest of the army.

Only thing is, I wasn't sure about scale, and it would be one heck of an expensive model. As someone who's familiar with the model, do you think the conversion idea would work? I know we're on a tengent, so if that's an issue, just message me instead.

Looks great and can't wait to see it finished.

My first vow:

I, ThePenitentOne, shall paint the following 14 models by September 1, 2019 for the Sisters of Battle faction during ETL 2019:

Mistress of Repentance, 35 Points

WGE Mistress

Mistress of Repentance, 35 Points

GW Mistress

Repentia Squad, 5 X 15 = 75 Points

Worksafe Repentia

Repentia Squad, 7 X 15 = 105 Points
NSFW

NSFW Repentia

Notes: All 14 of these models are part of a story event in the Chronicles of Saint Katherine's Aegis Campaign. They were once pure and loyal Sisters of Battle, part of the Mission defending the Chapel for which the Chronicle is named. Throughout the campaign, they are likely to come into close contact with a Cult of Slaanesh, where they will see things that no man... Or woman, should ever be forced to see.

After establishing the level of the threat, the Mission will be required to contact the Inquisition for guidance and back-up.

When this happens, Inquistor Greyfax will insist that contaminated Sisters take the Penitent Oath. She will order reinforcements from the Order of the Bloody Rose, and when they arrive, they will take control of these sisters, providing two of their most experienced Mistresses. These units will henceforth be known as the Daemon Marked, and they will enter battle with the rest of the Penitent Legion.

This is particularly important with the second ETL mistress above, because she may be more than merely base coated, but I will be re-basecoating so that she can have a Bloody Rose colour scheme.

If anyone is interested, many of the Penitent Legion Models are already painted; you can find the current detachment roster, as well as pics of the already completed members of the Legion in the Chronicles of Saint Katherine's Aegis thread below.

Excellent vow ThePenitentOne, I work it out at 250 pts in total - let me know if I got this wrong. :)

Also, if you fancy writing a story about your ETL vow, maybe you want to visit this thread here: ;)

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hmm, so I guess I've been away for way to long. I sooooooo miss the ETL! Glad to see Captain Semper is still up to this. So that being said....

I, Dread, pledge to complete Saint Celestine and her Gemenia, Varidyan and Greyfax before September 1, 2019. Pics and points coming soon!

20190611-205040.jpg

I believe it's 336 pts. Celestine=160, Gemenia =42@21 each, Greyfax=85 and Veredyan (canoness) w/power sword=49

Edited by Dread

Well Cap, I haven't made a lot of progress on the painting front yet, but I have just penned the first draft of the story for the Mark of the Liber. Should be revised and posted by the witching hour tomorrow.

In the original pics for my vow, I didn't bother zooming in on this conversion:

Andaya Rayne

She is the narrator of the story, and it explains where the skulls come from and what they mean.

I can't post the story in the Chronicles of Saint Katherine's Aegis thread until we hit this point in the campaign, but writing it forced me to give her a name... Andaya Rayne. Also helped me put a few other pieces of the story together.

Thanks for the push  ;-)

Edited by ThePenitentOne

My Celestine is done, just need to start on the rest of the vow now :tongue.:

gallery_30308_15503_71186.jpg

She might not be my only Sisterly addition this ETL, I will see where future vows take me :) Don't forget to keep this topic updated with progress pictures - and remember that for the Sisterhood the only alternative to victory is martyrdom :wink:

I am glad to report completion of my first vow, elevating the Sisters of Battle in the ETL.  Completed models are, in summary:

1 Squad of ten Celestians (Raging Heroes Crimson Redeemers)

1 Eversor Assassin

1 Imperial Guard Company Commander

Pictures, for verification and your viewing pleasure, are below.

IMG_4209_zpspejciw1z.jpg

IMG_4208_zpseeglfsng.jpg

IMG_4210_zpsmn1ugxbv.jpg

Edited by Jack Burton

So, skitarii help our part of the ETL?

Yes. And you may even vow them in this forum provided the vowed units do not exceed in number the SoB's units. ;) Also, redheads? Good taste! :lol:

I am glad to report completion of my first vow, elevating the Sisters of Battle in the ETL.  Completed models are, in summary:

1 Squad of ten Celestians (Raging Heroes Crimson Redeemers)

1 Eversor Assassin

1 Imperial Guard Company Commander

Pictures, for verification and your viewing pleasure, are below.

Hidden Content

IMG_4209_zpspejciw1z.jpg

IMG_4208_zpseeglfsng.jpg

IMG_4210_zpsmn1ugxbv.jpg

That's a great completion Jack congratulations! :woot: I especially like the gold - to seems so... liquid! Any plans of going again? 

Repentia and the other 5 seraphim are primed.

Hidden Content

sob_update_02_by_kasumidoll_dd9pgej-full

And so it starts! Good luck with it! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!