+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

I, BCK, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the IFOR/Astra Militarum and vow to complete one squad of Veterans worth 82 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory failure will doom me to the business end of a Commissar's bolt pistol to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Specifcally, it's my Necromunda Orlock gang that I'm entering after some conferring with Semper on a few points, and includes a Sgt with 2 pistols (one counts-as melee weapon), 4 autoguns, 2 shotguns, 2 grenade launchers, and a heavy stubber (counts-as a heavy flamer as it's the only heavy weapon in the Veterans list that isn't a 2-man crew served weapon team). 

Since the Veterans only come as full 10-man team and I'd already started to paint one of my figures as the paint scheme test for the rest of them, it's beyond the allowable point of inclusion and the points for that figure has been deducted from the total. 

Gvv0UcC.png

The other nine (2 pics of the bolter guy btw):

LNDeraC.png

Q4kUlRO.png

LrqbRQ4.png

0XPpkib.png

And their state as of this afternoon:

34aPcYD.png

I'm going to keep my vows small and manageable to ensure I maintain that 100% completion rate. I'm being very conservative because I am rather uncertain about my ability to do much painting, but here goes vow #1 ...

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the IFOR/Astra Militarum and vow to complete:

• Squad of 5 Scions with 2 Hotshot volley guns and a plasma pistol on the Tempestor (64 pts)
  • Company Commander with power sword and plasma pistol (39 pts)
  • Commissar with bolt pistol (16 pts)

worth 119 points total on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Will post WIP pics later ... the Scions need to be assembled this evening (received my Anvil order yesterday so I'm striking while the iron is hot and I'm enthusiastic rather than saving the glory boys for later), although the company commander and commissar have been sitting around waiting for primer for the better part of a decade.

EDIT: adding the before pic as promised:

med_gallery_66537_9465_90327.jpg

Edited by Nicodemus Doloroso

Yeah! Welcome BCK and Nico - best of luck to to both! Good to see the Guard's ranks bolstered! :yes:

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Ldorte rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the IFOR/Astra Militarum and vow to complete the below units of total value 480pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Knight Commander Pask - Punisher Leman Russ, Lascannon, Plasma Sponsons - 237pts

Company Commander (Arbites Commander Model) - Shotgun - 30pts

Bullgryns - Brute shieds and bullgryn maul - 126pts

Griffon Mortar Carrier - storm bolter pintle mount, heavy bolter, griffon heavy mortar - 87pts

8R07BAB.jpg

Edited by Ldorte

Progress! First IG squad and characters are done :smile.:

med_gallery_27469_9459_159551.jpg

Semper I've edited my vow post with the picture of Celestine and her Geminae. Just got to paint her now :tongue.: (and the other IG squad of course!)

Nice to see more vowing and of course completions! :biggrin.: Let's keep this productivity going :yes:

Edit: here is the post http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356297-astra-militarum-outpost/?do=findComment&comment=5326317

Edited by Arkaniss

Ok, finally, here is the promised "before" WIP shot of my vow:

med_gallery_66537_9465_90327.jpg

Regular IG Commissar with bolt pistol, plus Colonel Schaeffer himself for my officer vow. And my custom stormies.

For more angles/details, check out my WIP thread.

Some great works in this thread! Keep going all.

Also, Captain Semper I just noticed my initial vow doesn’t appear in the list on page 1. Must be an Imperial oversight lol. I’m sure it’s recorded somewhere offline :happy.: