+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I, Dwango, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to finish;

Chaos lord, (fallen). Plasma pistol, power maul and jump pack. 102

Master of execution - MoN. - 70

8 Khorne Beserkers - champion axe of blind fury & poweraxe. , 7 x chainsaw & chain axe. - 145 (need to chop some pistols off the arms to make way for the axes)

7 x Plague Marines - Champ with power fist and plague sword, 1x Plague Marine with plague spewer, 2x Plague Marines with Bubotic Axes and Maces of Contagion, 2x Plague Marines with Plague Flails, 1 x plague marine with two plague knives and icon of dispare. - 209

Total: 526 points

On or before the 1st of September, in the name of Huron, Master of the Corsairs and Mortarion's Weaping Legion.

Success will bring me eternal glory in the eyes of the dark gods and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker.

med_gallery_141590_15192_242435.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15405_30605.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15405_327635.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15405_236966.jpg

Make of it what you want, but I had a dream/nightmare related to ETL yesterday.

I had to re-prime my Helbrute-Dread just before, because parts of it were already painted red - back in the day it was meant for a Word Bearers project that never took off. So in my dream, I sprayed the thing black, but the red would not disappear. It was not just in the deeper recesses, but on the flat areas as well, as if the black was some kind of wash - maybe darkening the red a bit, but still keeping it visible. Not really a nightmare, but it felt so frustrating!

In reality, the priming had gone much better - which is what counts in the end. :smile.:

I, Zeke, rise to the challenge of the ETL 2019 and vows to finish the following units before the 1st of September:

Lord in Terminator Armor- power axe/combi-plasma- 111

Master of Executions- 70

Dark Apostle- plasma pistol/cursed crozius- 105

5x Noise Marines- 5 Sonic Blasters- 95

2x Raptors- chainswords/bolt pistols- 30

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought- 2 Butcher Cannon Arrays- 255

Total: 666 points

I make this vow in the name of the Night Haunter and the VIII.  Success will bring me glory, and should I fail, I will take the sinner's red gauntlets.  

EDIT: Forgot I had a Dark Apostle around I've been meaning to convert. Added to the vow.

Edited by Zeke

Make of it what you want, but I had a dream/nightmare related to ETL yesterday.

I had to re-prime my Helbrute-Dread just before, because parts of it were already painted red - back in the day it was meant for a Word Bearers project that never took off. So in my dream, I sprayed the thing black, but the red would not disappear. It was not just in the deeper recesses, but on the flat areas as well, as if the black was some kind of wash - maybe darkening the red a bit, but still keeping it visible. Not really a nightmare, but it felt so frustrating!

In reality, the priming had gone much better - which is what counts in the end. :smile.:

Fears become alive in dreams I guess! :laugh.:

We are in the Realm of Chaos sub-forum after all.

Welcome aboard all!

I have a question/proposal. I'm doing the by now traditional Soul Vow // Black Crusade satellite event for the Chaos Forum in the ETL. It's an extra motivator where people vow to multiply the points of their initial vow with subsequent vows. Forté did the first one, I ran it three more times after him. However, I'm going on a week-long vacation to Iceland on Saturday the 8th. Should I open it on Friday or after I come back on the 14th?

I think after you come back is fine, so long as you permit people to retroactively join (you did last year for me after I had made, but not completed, my second vow).

I don't expect too many of us to have completed both our first and second vows only 2 weeks into this ETL.  And if they have, they should be making bigger vows. :P

I, DeRome90, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the all mighty Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units below with a total value of 1.941 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me and the Primordial Truth eternal glory. Failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1 Deamon Prince with Wings (Daemonic Axe, Wings)

1 Dark Apostle

1 Master of Executions

1 Master of Possession

5 Chaos Space Marines (AC with Plasma pistol and Power Axe, Marines with Chainswords)

2 Greater Possessed

5 Possessed

5 Warp Talons

1 Obliterator

1 Lord of Contagion (Plaguereaper)

1 Malignant Plaguecaster

1 Noxious Blightbringer

7 Plague Marines (PC with Power Fist, 3 Marines with Bolter, Icon of Despair, 1 Bubotic Axe, 1 2nd Plague knife, 1 Blight launcher)

1 Biologus Putrifier

1 Hellbrute (Fist and Twinn Lascannon)

1 Foetid BLoat-drone (2 Plaguespitters)

1 Chaos Rhino

And last but not least:

5 Fallen (Champion with Plasma pistol and Chainsword, 1 Combi-Plasma and 1 Plasma Gun)

Below are the pictures of for the Vow.

20190602 212452 1

20190602 212128 1

20190602 212002 1

20190602 211924 1

20190602 211801 1

20190602 211657 1

20190602 211615 1

20190602 211239 1

20190602 211101 1

Edit: Forgot to add the Blightbringer to the vow (see last pic). I talked with Captain Semper about this issue.

Edited by DeRome90

I have a question/proposal. I'm doing the by now traditional Soul Vow // Black Crusade satellite event for the Chaos Forum in the ETL. It's an extra motivator where people vow to multiply the points of their initial vow with subsequent vows. Forté did the first one, I ran it three more times after him. However, I'm going on a week-long vacation to Iceland on Saturday the 8th. Should I open it on Friday or after I come back on the 14th?

I think the most questions will come up immediately after the start, so it would be helpful to have you around. The 14th is early enough anyway.

P.S.: The much more important question is: why are you AWOL during the ETL in the first place? And for a whole week? Heresy! :tongue.:

Edited by Darnok

Welcome aboard Atia and Ascanius!

So I'm a bit stuck, I can't decide what colour to paint the gun cases for my Black Legion. I've narrowed it down to either purple, dark red or bone. What do you guys reckon?

Dragonlover

Depending upon how much contrast you want, bone could look incredible, and it would tie in nicely with any horns or other bone bits across your army.

The leggies on the Helstalker go stab and stab, the leggies on...

One down, 5 more to go :tongue.: gonna cut out a stage in the black for the basic marines and termies tho, otherwise might be my only vow o.o

That's funny, in my head the same song would go "stab stab stab" - I had to do yours outloud to work out it would work too.  Funny how one's mind works...

Regardless, your first leg is excellent - I particularly like the highlights on the armour plates.

Though show the start of my vows

Thousand Sons. Just 32mm Necromunda base sort out, varnish & a Sorcerer for this unit. Unit taken about 5-6 hour to paint, between yesterday & today.

med_gallery_13342_13449_92321.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_249959.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_133952.jpg

Champion for my third Iron Warrior Siege Breacher squad.

med_gallery_13342_13449_85129.jpg

I, Boshea, vow to paint 656 points for the glory of the World Eaters. Progress can be followed here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355194-wip-world-eaters-hounds-of-istvaan/

20190528 211212

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [40 PL, 656pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 74pts]: Chainsword, Mark of Khorne, Power sword

Khârn the Betrayer [8 PL, 120pts]

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 154pts]: Icon of Wrath
. Berzerker Champion: Chainsword, Power fist
. 7x Chainsword and Chainaxe: 7x Chainaxe

++ Total: [40 PL, 656pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Alright, I'll start off small.

I Lhorke the First rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete:

One squad of 6 Khorne Berzerkers (1 champ w/ chainsword and boltpistol, two chainsword and boltpistol, 3 chainaxe and bolt pistol), 109 points,

One squad of 10 Chaos Space Marines (Champ with power maul and plasma pistol, 7 marines with bolters, 1 plasmagun, 1 heavy bolter, icon of vengeance), 169 points

of total value 278 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

med_gallery_100229_13835_929949.jpg

med_gallery_100229_13835_16893.jpg

med_gallery_100229_13835_87922.jpg

Right, so one has run out of chewing gum...

I, Chaz Sexington, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the righteous side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete

1x Venomcrawler

6x Chaos Space Marines (1x chainaxe, 1x plasma pistol, x1 autocannon)

2x Greater Possessed

For a total value of 341 points. 

For Alpharius and the True Incaladine Forge Fanes!

gX90wMgl.jpg

I'm leaving out the Raptors and Cultists for now - I just finished painting some, I'll probably add the Raptors to vow 2. 

KtyQTjVl.jpg

Leaving 5 for a later vow. 

ItA2MYsl.jpg

Usually I would say "no cultists!", but in this case I can't wait to see them done. Those old metals are awesome!

Aye, I really like them, and from recent experience, much faster to paint than the new plastic ones! I'll probably include them in vow 2.