+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Roland - in particular with the lord on steed, as I have a similar conversion project sitting on my desk.

Are the hades cannons from the forgefiend to be your butcher cannons on your contemptor?  If so, I'm eager to see how that turns out.

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Roland - in particular with the lord on steed, as I have a similar conversion project sitting on my desk.

Are the hades cannons from the forgefiend to be your butcher cannons on your contemptor?  If so, I'm eager to see how that turns out.

Thanks.

The lord I've completely replaced the upper torso and arms (with bits I now realized aren't in the picture). A combination of third party bits and CSM stuff.

Yep, those are the leftovers from a Maulerfeind build. I got the Melee arms in the dreadnought sale,and I'll be magnetizing it all. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Though show a few progress.

This squad should hopeful be ready for varnish by late afternoon. Going to my local store get as much painting as possible to the Siege Breacher squad & also hopeful try out the new Contrast paints.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1567626.jpg

Just few bit finish off & apart from the Sorcerer. The squad pretty much near complete

med_gallery_13342_13449_1125587.jpg

Sorcerer just waiting on a few part to arrive, which should "hopeful" be tomorrow. Other wise I'm waiting for the FW Air paint been re-release. I'd like to try a Red Metallic look to the Sorcerer of my army. Really thankful I kept all those Tomb King shield aside know one day I would need them for a conversion.

med_gallery_13342_13449_121382.jpg

Just started building this Knight, using the Titan from Storm of Iron as the idea toward this, where it talk about one of the Titan from Mortis having a tail/wrecking ball. Aim to get this ready for painting by next week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_75445.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1341182.jpg

Wow! The creativity of the team-Chaos is breathtaking! Keep going guys!

As a reminder, is the last day before the cut-off for the First Weekly update that will take place tomorrow. If you want your vow to be in, make sure you vow today (the earliest the better). :)

As a reminder, is the last day before the cut-off for the First Weekly update that will take place tomorrow.

Damn, I thought the update was due today - one more day of waiting! Anyway, looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

I, Slave to Darkness, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete the following units (totalling 175 points) for the Hellbound and Slaanesh on or before September 1st 2019

Channard Vile (Counts as Fabius)

med_gallery_75911_12239_710770.jpg

Chaos Spawn

med_gallery_75911_12239_885729.jpg

Ten Daemonettes with Icon and Banner

med_gallery_75911_12239_802216.jpg

Slight problem, I dont have the Codex handy atm so could somebody let me know the total of my Vow please and Ill add the total in later.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Slight problem, I dont have the Codex handy atm so could somebody let me know the total of my Vow please and Ill add the total in later.

90 for Fabius, 25 for Spawn, 60 for Daemonettes (upgrades don't cost points), so 175 in total.

:tu:

Edited points into my vow. 

Welcome aboard everyone that's vowed in the last few days!

The local weather took a hard turn into cosplaying as October this week, so I've not managed to get any more stuff painted. I'm hoping it swings the other way tomorrow otherwise I'm just gonna have to suck it up.

Dragonlover

Welcome aboard everyone that's vowed in the last few days!

The local weather took a hard turn into cosplaying as October this week, so I've not managed to get any more stuff painted. I'm hoping it swings the other way tomorrow otherwise I'm just gonna have to suck it up.

Dragonlover

tumblr_inline_pafj4yMDAo1ryfzdx_540.gif

Personally I'm still waiting for new paints :P

So many new vows and great entries, chaos is going strong!

I have been spending my evenings slowly adding green stuff and wiring to the tail of my beast. Will need a few more nights of sculpting to thicken the tailbase, add the flamer mandibles (maulerfiend magma cutters) and daemonic flesh so the leg joints fit in better. After that will come the daunting task of finding the best pose. I am a perfectionist in that sense and will have trouble finding the best pose...

Also got a question for you all, should I put the defiler on a base? I was thinking of putting it on a knight base, has anyone done this and will this make it easier to transport/ game with?

gallery_9422_15501_70064.jpg

Edit* Was able to do some work this afternoon.

gallery_9422_15501_251.jpg

Edited by Scion

First weekly update of my own, keep in mind that all of these are WIP!

All of my first vow as they are after the first week:

6lH1ITk.jpg

On the Fallen, the red parts are done:

TIcZzzw.jpg

oyHt6Ea.jpg

MJYp1zY.jpg

FdEUuIl.jpg

The Nurgle part is lagging behind a bit, nothing is finished so far:

wMkijNq.jpg

Last, and in this context definitely least, the Primaris guy. Again, nothing is final on this one:

AW72pe7.jpg

As a bonus, here is a little preview for my second vow:

0VNbh6T.jpg

u9ywvNE.jpg

I am waiting on the release of Contrast to get properly started on my first vow, primarily because of Abaddon's cloak and fur trim.

That said, I've managed to finish the bases I'll be using:

48024558393_050fb877b4_c.jpg

Nice and bright for contrast with the black and warm, dark gold of my paint scheme. I have a bunch of industrial scenery I'm painting in a similar way, the idea being that they're all modelled in the process of invading a manufactorum world.

I'd already started on Haarken Worldclaimer and three Legionaries before the ETL was announced, which is why my first vow only includes the other seven Legionaries from the box, but I figured I'd work on finishing the other models anyway while I wait:

48024636877_fa08bbb6d0.jpg

Still very WIP, but I felt like he was at the point where I could glue him into the base, which I had finished earlier this week along with the Christmas Sanguinalia tree above.

Edit: Obviously, I rebased Haarken Worldclaimer a little bit - just snipped the dirt away from around the dead Primaris and added the blood to make it clear he's been thoroughly maimed.

Anyone have any suggestions for doing the same with Abaddon? Unfortunately, unless I paint the dirt as chunks of coal or something, it's not going to be possible to simply replicate this trick since the Primaris Lieutenant he's standing on is actually sunken into the ground a bit . . .

The only ideas I have right now is to see if I can hack up either a different model for him to stand on or repurpose a spare bit from another kit, like a dreadnought arm or tank weapon. Guess I'll see!

Edited by Ascanius

I, Green_Horror, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, and vow to complete one unit of Rubric Marines from Codex Thousand Sons for a total value of 86 points <will check this later, used Kill Team until I get a chance to look at the actual codex>. Success will bring eternal glory to the sons of Magnus, and failure will doom me to wear the badge of oathbreaker until year end.

Loadout: Aspiring Sorceror and 4 Rubric Marines, 1 warpflamer, 1 icon of flame (soul reaper cannon will have to count as inferno bolter, because not legal in 5-man squad).

med_gallery_163246_15564_29173.jpg

Better angle on the conversion:

med_gallery_163246_15564_48000.jpg

The flames of the spell came from a poor blue horror that is not happy: had his fingers chopped off in the process!!!

Anyway - hi everybody - I am new to the Bolter & Chainsword - I've joined especially for ETL!:biggrin.:

Well, I was hoping to get in for the first week, but assembly(+GS work) and getting a pic took a bit longer than I'd planned!

I, Lysimachus, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Hammers Renegade Chapter and to the glory of Malal* and vow to complete a unit of 5 Chaos Terminators of total value 214pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*Maybe my completed vows should count against the Forum total??? :tongue.:

Pic:

v8OyyNp.jpg

WIP thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356497-black-hammers-renegades/

Managed to get a bit more done today. Mainly base colours and shading. Hopefully will get chance to do a bit of highlighting and lots of weathering. They are serving the God of decay after all!

med_gallery_141590_15405_708964.jpg

Managed to get some red down on the berserkers & master of execution too.

med_gallery_141590_15405_116867.jpg

I, Green_Horror, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, and vow to complete one unit of Rubric Marines from Codex Thousand Sons for a total value of 86 points <will check this later, used Kill Team until I get a chance to look at the actual codex>. Success will bring eternal glory to the sons of Magnus, and failure will doom me to wear the badge of oathbreaker until year end.

Loadout: Aspiring Sorceror and 4 Rubric Marines, 1 warpflamer, 1 icon of flame (soul reaper cannon will have to count as inferno bolter, because not legal in 5-man squad).

med_gallery_163246_15564_29173.jpg

Better angle on the conversion:

med_gallery_163246_15564_48000.jpg

The flames of the spell came from a poor blue horror that is not happy: had his fingers chopped off in the process!!!

Anyway - hi everybody - I am new to the Bolter & Chainsword - I've joined especially for ETL!:biggrin.:

Green horror, that's a legal unit if taken from codex CSM. Total of 117 pts with the soulreaper.

Anyway - hi everybody - I am new to the Bolter & Chainsword - I've joined especially for ETL!

Green horror, that's a legal unit if taken from codex CSM. Total of 117 pts with the soulreaper.
Unfortunately the newest CSM codexs and the TS codes forbid this. Green Horror is right, the soul reaper has to count as an inferno bolter. Edited by Aasfresser