+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I will withdraw this vow here and keep my Dark Angels, as I need to get them painted for a forthcoming tournament!

Well, with DA you will still paint traitors to the Emperor, so not all is bad. :devil:
Ah but with Thousand Sons I’d be painting loyalists!

#MagnusDidNothingWrong

Here the Sorcerer for the squad of Thousand Sons I'd shown in the last update. Try out the new Blood Angels red contrast paint mix with medium. The model just need to get varnish & then I can get some finial detail painted. Once that done, I'm thinking re-apply the gloss varnish over the red part of the armour as it really stand out on the model.

Currently it the shoulder pad, helmet & thigh that got gloss varnish applied & I've still got a few transfer to add as well.

med_gallery_13342_13449_200534.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1272770.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1249449.jpg

Then the new squad of Thousand Sons with Sorcerer. I just need to add transfer to them as well & then varnish.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1345580.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_832714.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1328876.jpg

The finial part arrive for the Knight today, so that him all built. Is was another set of spikes from the Age of Sigmar Varanguard kit, which where added to the armour plate bottom of the leg & a few spike added to the hull as well. So this will get painted during next week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1187492.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1111957.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1121649.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_780475.jpg

Those Thousand Sons are beautiful, and the Sorceror in particular is just awesome! How did you do the metallic red?

- GW Gold spray-paint

- reikland shade

- druchi shade

- dry brush retributor armour

- dry brush golden griffon

- Contrast Blood Angel red mix with Medium.

Once the model been spray with Games Workshop varnish.  I'm going to go over the red armour plate with gloss varnish again due to way it look/think it look cool.

Thanks a lot! That sounds like some work, but the results speak for themselves - I will give it a try for sure.

===

Week 3 is here! I did some reading, and going by the previous years we should look for some more steady recruiting. Some completions and re-vowing would also be great. CSM are still the single largest participant group of this ETL - let's keep it this way, and make those numbers count as well!

Vow 1 is primed. It isnt a true zenithal prime. With my old failing eyes, I was having trouble seeing after priming black lol!

I miss my Krome... Just not enough control with the Anthem 155...

AT865Eo.jpg

T2Qkgt0.jpg

jsHnDVs.jpg

YPZh5ZX.jpg

Once I have the Contrast paints in hand (Tuesday or Wednesday), I'll have a better idea of whether they'll get a base of Grey Seer or Wraithbone. Looking forward to it.

Finished my second squad and the rhino, and the dark apostle and disciples are 80% done. Just a third 5 man squad to do and I can call vow one completed. Confident I can get them done in time for the update next weekend.

I'm about 80% done with my vow. The infantry just need trims done (so much trim) and final details picked out. The contemptor needs trim, details, and guns finished, then final assembly/magnets.

Will hopefully finish today or tomorrow, then should be able to immediately re-vow.

I Doctor Perils rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the following list of units of total value 1796 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_77459_15292_116528.jpg
One Helforged Predator with Plasma Destroyer and Laser Cannons (185 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_93342.jpg
Huron Blackheart (105 pts)
Fabius Bile (90 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_158119.jpg
Chaos Sorceror with Force Stave (98 pts)
Warpsmith (60 pts)
Dark Apostle (100 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_1074011.jpg
Greater Possessed (70 pts)
Chaos Sorceror with Jump Pack and Force Sword (120 pts)
Greater Possessed (70 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_884108.jpg
Dark Apostle (100 pts)
Master of Possession with Force Stave (98 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_446610.jpg
2 Obliterators (230 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_962461.jpg
Venomcrawler (130 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_800332.jpg
Lord Discordant with Baleflamer (180 pts)

gallery_77459_15292_988391.jpg
10 Chaos Space Marines (160 pts)
- Champion: Power Sword and Plasma Pistol
- Autocannon
- Plasmagun
- 3 Boltguns
- 4 Chainswords and Bolt Pistols

Congratulations to all of you for making so much progress! There's some seriously great models coming out :tu:

That Lord is a beautiful mini, is he based on a plastic Obliterator? He must be around Abaddon sized?

Edit: Nope, looking at details is it a metal Oblit?

That's a seriously impressive vow Doc, you'd better get painting!!!

Welcome Isengrin and Doctor Perils, great to have you around! :thumbsup:

Folks, I'm flagging. I just can't muster the enthusiasm to paint right now.

Rest assured, I'll get it done, but this year might end up being a one-vow event on my end.

Dragonlover

Don't despair, this just happens every now and then - and it goes away again. Try to do something small every day, even if it might not be five minutes and an accent on one part of a single model. Small progress adds up over time! And one finished vow is one finished vow, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Darnok

That Lord is a beautiful mini, is he based on a plastic Obliterator? He must be around Abaddon sized?

Edit: Nope, looking at details is it a metal Oblit?

That's a seriously impressive vow Doc, you'd better get painting!!!

Thanks man! Yeah he's based on one of the old obliterators and should be pretty close to Abaddon in terms of height. 

There's some great vows come in and it's good to see that there's nearly some completions.

For me I've finished the fallen lord and just have the base to do for the master of execution. Then just the berserkers to do and that's vow 1 done (hopefully by next update at the latest).

med_gallery_141590_15192_8611.jpg

Great stuff Dwango! :thumbsup:

The upcoming Apocalypse bundles feature CSM and Knights - the latter getting a Chaos codex soon. So, anybody tempted by these?

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments6sn.jpg

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments2dm.jpg

Edited by Darnok

Folks, I'm flagging. I just can't muster the enthusiasm to paint right now.

Rest assured, I'll get it done, but this year might end up being a one-vow event on my end.

Dragonlover

You're not the only one mate. I managed to pick up some new paints yesterday to give them a bash but even with them there, my motivation has hit a wall hard. New week though so hopefully things can get a boost and get a unit or two done. Just need to keep that butterfly syndrome down.

Again, I can not recommend daily painting enough. Take a quarter of an hour, call it five minutes for setup and brushcleaning afterwards, giving you ten minutes of pure painting time. Even with one day off for unforeseen circumstances that is a full hour of painting per week, with the added bonus of daily progress. It might not sound like a lot, but even baby steps get you to the finish line sooner or later.

Great stuff Dwango! :thumbsup:

The upcoming Apocalypse bundles feature CSM and Knights - the latter getting a Chaos codex soon. So, anybody tempted by these?

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments6sn.jpg

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments2dm.jpg

I was considering the Chaos one, until I saw it had bikes in it... If it had new kits, I'd jump on it to fill out my Black Legion more. But I cannot bring myself to buy anything with the old plastics... ugh...

I "might" get the Knight one, but to go with my Dark Angels themed Knight I've had since the original kit launched (still need to paint it sadly). But otherwise, for Chaos, gonna wait and see what they do for Chaos Knights before I buy anything

Really bummed about those bikes... such a waste. Terminators or havocs would have made it a no-brainer... Just... ugh...