+++Necrontyr Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Ha! So willing, but OH MAN is time hard to come by for more than comments. I'm almost to unpacking the hobby boxes. So close I can smell the super glue!

...or maybe that's primer...or maybe I need to clean my basement...:laugh.:

@ NTaW - good luck unpacking Bud :sweat:

we hope you can get something out to paint but no drama if you can't...although we'd like at least one wee tiny vow from our +Moderati+ ....no pressure...:whistling: ...:laugh.:

i just have to go buy some spray undercoat tomorrow when i pick up my contrast order from good ol' GW  hoping to get my vow undercoated and start kicking into painting mode

this weekend

* note - i may try and get a pot of the Black Templar or the Basilicanum grey to use on my necrons weapon casings to see if it helps speed up the process...

and more importantly... i'll be trying out the Militarum green on my Cryptek to see if we can get a nice metallic looking Mephrit colour...!! :cool.:  

Cheers, Mithril

An old picture but still relevant! While I've painted a fair bit on the Doomsday Ark the Spyder here is still grey plastic (and safely stored away in a box...still).

48058611166_b735474bfc_o.jpg

I, NTaW, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the glory of the Necrontyr and vow to complete one Spyder with two particle beamers for a total value of 85 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

Mithril, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have made the mental leap to look through my plog for a pic of the Spyder instead of unearthing it this moment. Now when I do get it I can go straight outside with the primer and get working! :tu:

:laugh.:

@ NTaW - good luck unpacking Bud :sweat:

we hope you can get something out to paint but no drama if you can't...although we'd like at least one wee tiny vow from our +Moderati+ ....no pressure...

OI! I vowed, don’t you forget!

Speaking of which, after a little more work close to half of my vow will be done, models wise.

Points wise it’s barely a third.

Progress, though, right?

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

:laugh.:

@ NTaW - good luck unpacking Bud :sweat:

we hope you can get something out to paint but no drama if you can't...although we'd like at least one wee tiny vow from our +Moderati+ ....no pressure...

OI! I vowed, don’t you forget!

Speaking of which, after a little more work close to half of my vow will be done, models wise.

Points wise it’s barely a third.

Progress, though, right?

Not leaving you out :biggrin.: , but i already knew you vowed so i was just reminding the "other" half of our +Moderati+ team :tongue.: 

and yes progress is progress no matter how much...forward....always.

Now i'm actually itching to get home this arvo and finish my ghost Ark and get them undercoated, has anyone tried that basilicanum on necrons yet..like that pic NTaW showed from GW's site?...

Cheers, Mithril 

So, results of tonight’s work session....

—I applied too much shade to the squad leader

—idea to justify that much shade, slather it over the entire squad

—I have Drakenhof Nightshade all over my fingers

—the warriors are still not done

They’re warriors. I keep telling myself they are to be built, sprayed, basecoated and based. They are expendable.

They refuse to agree to that process.

so the only thing to do now is change you avatar name to "Daimyo-Drakenhoff-Phaeron Fingers lenoch nightshade"

and continue to paint those warriors...

Mithril

p.s i want a pic of your purple fingers submitted as a unit of 5 warriors in the ETL  :laugh.:

Welcome NTaW - the unpacking paid off! :lol: Good luck mate!

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright, I've had time to play with the contrast paints, and I think they will work for what I had in mind, so I'm gonna vow.

I vow to paint these two DDAs, worth 320 points, by the end of the competition or I will wear the seal of the oathbreaker until year's end.  

9myHTOU.jpg

A little update on my end: I've been waiting for my warp lightning contrast paint to try it on my gauss weapons (my order placed on preorder day still hasn't shipped!), I bought some other contrast paints on the weekend and found that they're really not what I was expecting. So I kinda wasted a week doing nothing! I've got all my rust metal done and have started my green now. I still haven't thought about colours for my bases yet. I might go with brown dirt, or match my board at home which is a black ash wasteland sorta look. Maybe I'll do two samples and see what you guys think.

One thing I'm stuck on -- anyone know what kind of tech the Doomsday cannon uses? Is it gauss or tesla or something else?

Edit: That apocalypse box set looks good for another pledge, I wanted some more wraiths and some tesla tomb blades so that works out perfect.

Edited by Boyadventurer

quick update* started painting the wraiths, using Contrast just for fun and to see how it goes...

test wraith 1 -

med_gallery_9146_583_38269.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_829086.jpg

Over a Wraithbone Undercoat - basilicum grey on body, Facial area is (over leadbelcher) snakebite leather (one heavy coat) the eye is Aethermatic blue over the undercoat

the red is standard paint Mephiston red and the white is still wraithbone..yet to be done.

I'm not sold yet, it was quick to get the grey on but i still could've done that with leadbelcher and a nuln wash...:unsure.: so i don't know... anyway its ok and fast... more later.

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

I'm about half done with my first vow. I'm trying to decide how much to do for the second - I'm on a roll so I want to vow big but I also don't have a great record of follow through with ETL vows so maybe I shouldnt risk it...

I'm about half done with my first vow. I'm trying to decide how much to do for the second - I'm on a roll so I want to vow big but I also don't have a great record of follow through with ETL vows so maybe I shouldnt risk it...

You have 4 Vows, right? No reason to overly pressure yourself. Planning on continuing with the Contrast paints you have been using?

NTaW is right, pace yourself and completely finish your first vow ... work out how much you want to vow over the other "4" vows ... do the hardest one next so you have time to finish if you hit the wall and then vow the easy fast ones last towards the end of the ETL so your not pressured and fail and lose al your previous points...
Contrast will help for sure !

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

You have 4 Vows, right? No reason to overly pressure yourself. Planning on continuing with the Contrast paints you have been using?

There are five vows up to a total of 15k points (or less obviously) - how you split those points between the vows is your call! :)

Great progress here guys, keep it up though because your rival Xenos are gaining momentum! 

@ Mithril: this scheme works very well indeed! Very striking result! 

NOW LET'S SEE SOME MORE DYNASTIES JOINING THE FRAY!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am calling my Doomsday Arks finished.  I can't do anything else to them without buying new paints.  They look better than anything else I have to put on the table, though, so I'm content with leaving them as is for now.  

4GLuToY.jpg

My next vow is drying in the garage right now.  I'll post pictures once they're done.  It's bigger than this one but I'm trying to avoid going overboard.  After that I should have enough for a third decent-sized vow, I just need to remove paint from some half-finished models.

Well, I forgot to hit post so I'll add my vow now, haha.

I now vow to complete one Night Scythe, one Doom Scythe, 10 Triarch Praetorians with blades and casters, one Lord with a Staff of Light, and one Cryptek with a Chronometron, totaling 715 points.  The Scythes are still drying so this pic will have to do.  

ZZOZQHd.jpg

tvFzzZL.jpg