Good progress Dawnstar! Keep at it!

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congrats Dawnstar! You made it just before the update! :laugh.: A formidable force too - any plans for a follow-up?

Oh certainly. I'll either have the next vow up later tonight or sometime over the next few days; I already have models set aside.

Not exactly the best shot, but I hereby declare Vow One Complete.

Great work Dawnstar and the first completion for the Empire... :thumbsup:

Well normally Shadowsun with inverted colours would be white due her being from the T'au sept which has white markings. But if you have your own sept and only use it as counts-as T'au sept then yeah it would be green (assuming green is your sept colour).

Regardless, I'd go for it. Having received the honour to wear inverted colours is part of her background and sets her apart as named character from the rest of your models. Unless of course you instead want to apply some stealth effect like many people do. ^^

So here's my second Vow:

gallery_82168_15314_181934.jpg

gallery_82168_15314_34783.jpg

That is:

5 Crisis Suits w/3xFusion Blasters, 7 Shield Drones and 3 Gun Drones - 505 points

5 Stealth Suits inc. Shas'vre w/Markerlight and Target Lock - 149 points

6 Stealth Suits w/2xFusion Blasters and Shas'vre w/Markerlight and Target Lock - 197 points

Ghostkeel Battlesuit w/Cyclic Ion Raker, 2xBurst Cannons, Advanced Targeting System, Target Lock and 2 Stealth Drones - 168 points

Commander Shadowsun w/2xMV52 Shield Drones and 1xCommand-Link Drone - 138 points

This vow would normally come to 1,157 points, but as the Stealth Suit on the extreme left is already layered up to Russ Grey (and thus ineligible for the ETL) it should instead be 1,129 points.

Solid progress for the fishheads, well done! :thumbsup:

The new Apocalypse bundles, apart from making my bank account shiver in fear, made me think about Tau again. I know their rules are not that great these days, but I just like the battlesuits, and...

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments4kr.jpg

A nice addition to the big box from two years ago. ETL VIII can't come soon enough. :laugh.:

@ Elmo: That's great work there brother! Very clean, very consistent, very nice! :tu:

@ Dawnstar: a great second vow - that's a brave stance there mate! Good luck!

@ Levianthus: Well, these are some fantastic Tau. Excellent work with the whites and love the dots of darker blue on the head - great idea!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Captain, is that extra Stealth Suit valid or not? You appear to have put up the value including it rather than the one without.

Hey Captain, is that extra Stealth Suit valid or not? You appear to have put up the value including it rather than the one without.
Shush.... ;) Edited by elmo

I think I'd rather like to hear Semper's opinion on that as I'd certainly disagree. I'll happily go ahead and raise my entire army to Russ Grey if you turn out to be right though.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Forgot to post my update this week so here is my first "test" model for my firewarriors

5TubGdw.jpg

1wGB2vq.jpg

This guy was painted exclusively with contrast paints (apothecary white armor, SW grey fatigues, black templar gun, and tallisar blue skin) over a plain white primer (I use krylon cause it's nice and smooth) and then drybrushes over with celestra grey, although I think I'll forgo that step on future minis.

All of them are pretty much up to this point and I gotta day this is making my vow go SOOO much smoother than last year