+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

@ Lokkorex: *looks at pics* Yeah, that application for the National Geographic? I'd put a hold on it for a while... :lol:

@ Fortis: That green stripe sure looks striking! Excellent work Fortis!

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Stru.... she’s been a dream forever and I picked it up for a steal 2 years ago and have not felt comfy enough to actually put paint on her til now.

I’ve got a friend 3d printing the toes I’m missing... hopeful he gets them to me this week:)

I’ve got a file with Legio Ignatum decals on it and am hoping a local printer can do them properlike for me:)

gallery_32985_14903_654450.jpeg

Lionofjudah, that is very promising indeed! :drool: I cant even begin to imagine the amount of work it takes... Go for it Princeps!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Greetings good Cap’n!

I’m feeling ready for the warhound after the Relics painting thread in the guard forum. The curved carapace makes me a lil nervous but I’ve got a few ideas to make that easier- I’m going to scale the red areas from the red-brown primer to white and the spray it with mr hobby clear red.

The superstructure will get the black primer then a coat of steel primer from badger, then I’ll play around with as many of the FW masterclass techniques as I’m able:)... scale75’s decayed metal will be getting a workout :)

...The superstructure will get the black primer then a coat of steel primer from badger, then I’ll play around with as many of the FW masterclass techniques as I’m able:)... scale75’s decayed metal will be getting a workout :)

Lionofjudah, just a heads up: It's been my experience that the Stynylrez metal primer looks really nice, but it doesn't take acrylic washes well at all. In that respect it's different than their other primers. You may want to try it out on some scrap first. Just sayin' :)

Idle hands are the devil's plaything.

Fortunately, I've not been idle! :D

gallery_67188_8872_18826.jpg

All infantry, the bikes, the Javelin and the Deredeo are airbrushed to a point that I can now whack all the detail on them, as you can see above. The shading & glazing effect didn't quite work as well as I was hoping on the infantry. Macragge Blue spray is, I suspect, the culprit here, as it's just not as dark as it is when it comes out of the pot. I'm hoping that I can either emphasise the darker shadows with more glazing or a strategically placed wash, but they're only mooks in the grand scheme of things, so we'll see how much time I have. I'm still going to pin wash them, so when that goes on the panels will look more separate, and that will probably/hopefully help!

gallery_67188_8872_9572.jpg

Here's the Deredeo, looking all nice and blue. Still a way to go on this one, obviously, but I'm looking forward to covering the guns in obnoxiously pinky-purpley plasma.

Managed to do some "emergency recruitment", here goes for vow #2!

I, Phatsquirre1, rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux, and swear myself to the AoD-L. I vow to complete the following units, on or before September 1st, 2019:

Yiw7yPN.jpg?1

1x Solar Auxilia Medusa, with pintle Multi-laser. (185)

1x Auxilia Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter, with 3x Kraken Penetrator Missiles. (210)

1x Legion Apothecary, with Power sword and Artificer armor. (65)

for a total value of 460 points. Success will bring me eternal glory, and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oath-breaker until the year end. 

I, Status Joe do hereby pledge

1 Praetor in Cataphractii Armor

1 Warmonger with Legatine Axe and Powerfist

1 Esoterist with Force Sword

For a total of 510 Points to be completed on or before the end of this event.

gallery_106786_15606_32417.jpg

Wait, Wait, Wait. Who am I kidding? This is ETL. Let's get real here.

I, The Status Joe pledge the following

Ultramarines

1. Esoterist with Force Sword - 135 points

2. Praetor with Mantle of Ultramar- 225 points.

3. Praetor in Cataphractii Armor- 202 points

4. Warmonger with Legatine Axe and Power Fist- 150 points

5. Dreadnought Talon with Twin-Linked Lascannon- 190 points

6. Invictarus Suzerain Squad- 200 points

7. Tactical Support Squad with Plasma Gun- 175 points

8. Predator Tank- 180 points

White Scars

9. Outrider Squad with Power Glaive, Plasma Pistol- 165 points

10. Apothecary on Bike - 80 points

11. Jetbike Sky Slayer Support Squad - 255 points

Space Wolves

12. Geigor Fell-Hand- 135 points

Legio Custodes

13 . Shield Captain with full load out and guardian spear- 240 points

Solar Auxilia

14. Auxilia Leman Russ Strike Squadron (2 Battle Cannon, 1 Vanquisher) - 650 points

15. Auxilia Baneblade - 695 points

16. Auxilia Shadowsword - 615 points

Questoris Knights

17. Scion Auxilia Armiger Talon - 200 points

18. Seneschal Knight Crusader- 545 points.

For a grand total of 5,037 points to be completed by the end of ETL.

Get at me, traitors.

gallery_106786_15606_202921.jpg

Alright, Phqatsquirre1! That's some nice looking emergency recruitment.

Jeez, StatusJoe, you had me there for a second! But then I got over it. :lol: Awesome vow , brother. I was right there with you until the last sentence. "Get at me, traitors." ?!? Now you'll get Vykes all steamed up and he'll vow 10k for the traitors.

Edited by Semper Fortis

-smirks and taps the table a bit- Impressive.   -tries to suck a few breaths through a rebreather like James Earl Jones-  Most impressive.

Frankly L&T cut me pretty deep but I'm still working on prepping at least one few-K vow to at least give my Brethren of Liberty under the Warmaster a bit of extra support.  Part of it is trying to nail a particular colour that has been escaping me and it's driving me crazy! Iiiii'm working on it!  I just got a youtube battle-report thing I'm getting prepped for.  

@Lion, dude best of luck getting those parts printed up.  Those were fidgety and frustrating when I put mine together last year.  Going with a base or baseless to support the joint stress? 

@StruManChu, I'm liking how that blue's layering up!  It's nice and rich, I dunno, I wouldn't worry about the slight colour variation when it comes to that.  It's only when it's a significant deviation that it starts to look right.  But maybe that's just my experience with the rag-tag Horisian troopers and now the lovely parade ground of Gulliman's Glory Group Inc. :P 

@StatusJoe, heh... hehehe, now that's a way to make a vow, mate!  Got more than just a cackle out of me, right on. Now that's a killer, gonna have to dig up some stuff to keep it from being a back breaker -laughs- Now I'm real curious what that auxilia's scheme's gonna be.  

Right on you lot!  AHEM I mean, Bah, and moustache-twirling-fie upon thee, loy... wait I'm not a Word Bearer.  

Alright. ETL Progress made already. In the last six hours I have

1. Painted Geigor Fell-Hand

2. Painted the Armiger

3. Started working on the Warmonger and Esoterist

4. Washed the Suzerain with Nuln Oil

5. Shaded the Shield Captain with Reikland Fleshshade

6. Shaded the White Scars bikes with a watered down Nuln Oil.

gallery_106786_15606_171303.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_209662.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_91713.jpg

Status- that’s fething great man!

I love that you’re bouncing around different schemes and pulling in good numbers of points per single mini to maximize tha add stims;)

Go Phats!! The lightning is one of my favorite kits I’ve painted and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with yours! I’m tempted to get a thunderbolt to do something diff for my SA.

Stru- yer Ultra blue is nice and even man

@lionofjudah

I'm planning on using two small round bases on the feet of my warhound each the size of a CD, enough to give it some support. I thought about a large base but that's going to give issues moving around the board. I want my hound to be able to stalk down urban streets unimpeded by the base catching on buildings etc.

@lionofjudah

I'm planning on using two small round bases on the feet of my warhound each the size of a CD, enough to give it some support. I thought about a large base but that's going to give issues moving around the board. I want my hound to be able to stalk down urban streets unimpeded by the base catching on buildings etc.

Food for thought, if the pose of your warhound allow you to get away with it. I'd only use one full CD base on one foot, just to give it the stability and prevent it from wobbling. If the model is in a static pose where both legs are under the shoulders, you shouldn't have to put two on there (just to make maneuvering that much easier) if you've got a sprinting pose or something where the center of gravity isn't over the feet, then I'd do two. 

My update for tonight is 3 more models finished. We have the Custodes Shield Captain, the White Scars Apothecary on Bike and the first of the Ultramarines Suzerain done. Mind you, I just put a wash on some parts of the Shield Captain, but I want to upload and go to sleep, not wait on paint to dry first. :P

gallery_106786_15606_85611.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_66600.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_1036.jpg