+++The Mark of the Liber: an ETL VII story+++

B&C-20

The Inner Circle Presents:

gallery_48988_15465_808071.png

“It has been a long time since you walked these halls brother.”
“It has indeed Conn Eremon,” replied Belial
“What do you have for us on this 20th Anniversary of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword?”
“The Primaris have marched to war. Their numbers rival only the original Great Crusade led by the Emperor and our Fathers. Even the Primarch Roboute Guilliman has come forth to the aid of the Imperium. With all that had been lost when the Great Rift opened across the galaxy, it is time to record the more recent events and the glories and honors that have been earned by our newest brethren. They have already faced the foes with grim resolve and the determination to be worthy of note. It is time to record their victories to the current roles of honor.”

Rule 1:

• In order to take part in this event, you must participate in the ETL VII and pledge for any one forum you want. What you vow can be anything from a single mini to an entire army - totally your call provided it conforms to the ETL rules (see link below).
  • Once you pledge your vow to whatever forum you prefer, you must come back here, and let us know of your vow content and size (effectively repeat the vow here) so we can keep track of the Liber's contribution in this year's ETL.

Rule 2:

• Write a story based on your ETL VII entries. This can be anything from the story of a Character or for the entire range of the units that you've pledged.
  • It can be as long as you want - writing an epic story of a personal quest or a detailed description of a particular conflict, down to a small bio of your preferred Character. Although the text can be a long as you like the minimum acceptable size is 500 words
  • At the end of the ETL (September 1st, 2019), this event will also draw to a close - so do make sure you'll be finished by then.
  • After the event is over, all the stories will be collected and put in PDF form, available for all to download and keep it as a memento of ETL VII and the Liber's contribution.

Rule 3:

Those who complete their ETL VII vows (all of them) will receive the title of CUSTOS VERITAS - ETL VII, a fitting title for the chroniclers of the Liber's efforts in this momentous event!

gallery_48988_15465_39461.png gallery_48988_15465_18674.png gallery_48988_15465_969.png

Those who complete their story by the end of ETL VII (September 1st, 2019) will receive the SIGIL OF THE LIBER- ETL VII as the Liber shines their effort!

gallery_48988_15465_5172.png

You can find the link to the ETL VII rules here:

ETL VII RULES

So get out there, choose the Forum you want to support, make your pledge and come back here to tell us about it. Then get down to writing your ETL VII story

FOR THE LIBER!

Grand Master Belial
Member of the Inner Circle
The Master of Lore

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

List of participants (alphabetical order):

1. Ace Debonair - Aeldari - VOW(S) COMPLETE (304) + STORY 1 + STORY 2 + STORY 3 + STORY 4 + STORY 5 + STORY 6 + Epilogue

2. Aqui - Adeptus Sororitas | VOW(S) INCOMPLETE + STORY

3. Brother Argent - Adeptus Astartes | VOW(S) COMPLETE (686) - STORY

4. ChazSexington - Chaos Space Marines | VOW(S) COMPLETE (341) - NO STORY

5. Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - Necrontyr | VOW(S) COMPLETE (1,712) + STORY 1 + STORY 2 + STORY 3 + STORY 4 + Epilogue

6. Darnok | Chaos Space Marines - VOW(S) INCOMPLETE - NO STORY

7. DeRome90 - Chaos Space Marines | VOW(S) INCOMPLETE + STORY

8. Dracos - Adeptus Astartes | VOW(S) COMPLETE (370) - NO STORY

9. Dredgen Yor - Chaos Space Marines | VOW(S) INCOMPLETE - NO STORY

10. Filkarion - Tyranids | VOW(S) COMPLETE (778) + STORY

11. Gederas - Dark Angels |VOW(S) COMPLETE (2,743) + STORY

12. Grand Master Belial - Dark Angels | VOW(S) COMPLETE (420) - STORY + Epilogue

13. Hammer Grimblood - Space Wolves | VOW(S) INCOMPLETE - NO STORY

14. Lysimachus - Chaos Space Marines | VOW(S) COMPLETE (335) - NO STORY

15. Machine God - Chaos Space Marines | VOW(S) COMPLETE (100) + STORY

16. Mr4Minutes - DeathWatch | VOW(S) COMPLETE (642) + STORY 1 + STORY 2

17. NovemberIX - Codex Astartes | VOW(S) COMPLETE (1,505) + STORY 1 + STORY 2

18. Quantum - Adeptus Mechanicum | VOWS(S) COMPLETE (112) + STORY

19. RikuEru - Space Wolves | VOW(S) COMPLETE (2,287) + STORY

20. Spyros - Blood Angels | VOW(S) COMPLETE (964) + STORY 1 + after credits scene

21. StruManChu - AoD-L | VOW(S) COMPLETE (5,284) + STORY

22. ThePenitentOne - Adeptus Sororitas | VOW(S) INCOMPLETE - NO STORY

23. toaae - Orks | VOW(S) COMPLETE (1,054) - NO STORY

Oh boy *Cracks fingers* lets do this.

Dredgen Yor rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the following:

1 Chaos Lord with Combi bolter and Power Sword - 80 Points

1 Chaos lord with Jump Pack and 2 Lightning Claws - 105 Points

Dark Apostle - 100 Points

Master of Execution - 70 Points

Sorcerer with Force Stave and Plasma Pistol - 103 Points

Warpsmith - 60 Points

20 Man Cultist Squad with Brutal Assault Weapons - 100 Points

Chaos Space Marine Squad x 10 with Combi Bolter and Chain Axe, Icon of Vengeance, Autocannon and Heavy Bolter - 158 Points

Chaos Space Marine Squad x 10 with Combi - Plasma and Power Sword, 2 Plasma Guns and Icon of Vengeance - 172 Points

Chaos Terminators x 5, Combi PLasma x 3, Reaper Autocannon x 1, Lightning Claws x 2, Power Sword x 1, Power Axe x 2, Power Maul x 1 - 203 Points

Chosen x 5, Power Sword x 1, Plasma Pistol x 1, Plasma Gun x 4 - 123 Points

Khorne Beserkers x 5, Chainaxe and pistol x 4, Power Fist x 1 - 93 Points

Chaos Spawn x 3 - 75 Points

Raptors x 10, Plasma Pistol x 1, Power Axe x 1, Meltaguns x 2 - 188 Points

Warp Talons x 5 - 120 Points

Havocs x 5, Lascannon x 2, Missile Launcher x 2, bolter and chainsword - 160 Points

Havocs x 5, Lascannon x 2, Missile Launcher x 2, bolter and chainsword - 160 Points

Hellforged Leviathan Dradnought x 1, Grav-flux bombard, hellflamer x 2, Hellforged Siege Drill, meltagun - 328 Points

Hellforged Rapier Battery Laser Destroyer x 2 - 200 Points

Total Value: 2,598 Points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Link to Gallery here

Thew, that was a lot of typing. Goal is to have as much ready for about the second week into June for a campaign down in Warhammer World. Some things like the Leviathan just arrived today alongside some new superglue means I can crack on with getting things built while others dry from their undercoat. For the Warmaster!

Edit: Huh, seemed to delete some of my post there. Oh well. Should be able to cook up something for my guys. My first vow is mostly Iron Warriors and Night Lords so some inter warband conflict sounds like some fun to delve into.

Edited by Dredgen Yor

Just a couple of questions:

1. While I repeat my complete vow(s) here, does my story have to include all of what I pledge?
  2. Why do the points of my full vow(s) even matter?
  3. Do I write one story per vow, or one story about all of my vows?

But I've run out of space marines to paint. :eek:

That said, I'm not out of models to paint.... :devil:

I might have to represent one of the less-travelled parts of the Liber this time around. :ph34r.:

You want me to post you some?  One veteran Liberite to another?

"Lord Reclusiarch," came a nervous voice from the entry of the chamber. After a second, emboldened by the lack of reply, th chapter serf cleared his throat with a noisey cough before calling int othe darkness again, "Lord Reclusiarch?" his voice reverberated into the darkness echoing in the relative silence, his only reply from the inky black void beyond was the hum of the Liber's various servo driven systems. The serf breathed a deep sigh of relief and started to turn to leave the room when a deep voice stopped him in his tracks.

" Why have you disturbed me?" came a raspy cold reply from the darkness and the chapter serf froze, his heart in his throat. He turned and attempted to stammer a reply but no intelligable words came out. After a second of stumbling over what he was trying to say his words trailed off at the sight that emerged from the darkness. A giant clad in baroque armour as black as the darkness from which he emerged moved from where he had stood hidden in the shadows. The pelt of some lost Terran animal lay drapped around his shoulders, covered in a pattern that tricked and misled the eye. Upon one shoulder pad the giant wore the symbol of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword whilst on the other, a emerald green leopards head swallowed a silouetted star on a field of alabaster white. A skull faced helmet, the death mask of the God-Emperor, hung at his side whilst his scarred face looked coldly at the cowering man in the door way. The giant came to stand before the serf, towering over the attendant. When it became clear the serf wasn't going to answer his the Chaplain the giant prompted again.

"Well," his gravelly voice demanded, "Why have you come to me after all this time?" his commanding tone spurred the serf to words,

" Captain Semper, Lord Reclusiarch. He has..." the man began to spill out, his words now starting flow like a waterfall before a raised bionic hand cut off his words.

" Has it really been that long?" the Chaplain said, more to himself then the cowering man before him. He seemd lost in thought for a moment before turning his gaze back to the serf..

" So be it. Send word to the Captain, we will answer the call. And send word to the Argent Forge. Tell its keepers their Master has need of them once again..."

I ,Brother Argent, answer the call of the ETL and vow, for the honour of the Adeptus Astartes, the Liber and my once proud (and first) but long lost Chapter the Star Leopards to complete before the 1st September:

- A Five man Intercessor Squad armed with Bolt rifles and an Auxiliary grenade launcher. This comes in at 77 Points (96 - 18 for the already painted Sarge *already cleared with Semper)

gallery_36568_15515_47771.jpg

- A Five man Intercessor Squad armed with Assault Bolt Rifles and an Auxiliary grenade launcher. This comes in at 95 Points.

gallery_36568_15515_73821.jpg

- A Primaris Lieutenant armed with a power sword and magnetised head/helmet option. This comes at 74 Points

gallery_36568_15515_42739.jpggallery_36568_15515_3895.jpg

- A (totally not Blood Angel Successor) Space Marine Captain armed with a Relic Blade and a Jump pack. This comes at 114 Points.

gallery_36568_15515_50859.jpg

This vow totals 360 Points

Not as much as I had first hoped but I am playing it safely this year and hope to make the Five vow mark as well. Good luck all and lets do this thing.

I, toaae, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of da Orks and vow to complete a warboss in mega-armor, a big mek w/ shokk attack gun, a painboy, and a warboss, of total value 373 points, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me great conquest and loot, but failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL7 Vow #1

That absolute monster second from the left is Brakgcrel Nag Krot Tortoof, Mega-Tyrant of Sterik. For the Liber, I'll write a story detailing Tortoof's battle with Mechanicus rust stalkers, one of whom lies crushed at the feet of the greenskin on that base.

Edited by toaae

Just a couple of questions:

• While I repeat my complete vow(s) here, does my story have to include all of what I pledge?
  • Why do the points of my full vow(s) even matter?
  • Do I write one story per vow, or one story about all of my vows?
  • No - it can be anything about any part of your vowed units (as per Rule 2). 
  • They matter in an unofficial sense. It's a way measure the Liberites' contribution to the ETL since the Liber is not an ETL-eligible forum in itself. 
  • Feel free to write anything you like. A single story that ties all your vows together, the story of one of your characters, or anything else that you deem relevant. ETL VII should be the common denominator.

Excellent, thank you. A good opportunity to give my Fallen some background. So:

In the name of the Pantheon, I Darnok rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX, and vow to complete the models listed below with a total value of 517 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory in the eyes of the Dark Gods and failure will doom me to Spawndom and to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

All of my first vow:

3hNhZY8.jpg

XXSbVci.jpg

Codex: Chaos Space Marines

• Sorcerer; with force sword and plasma pistol (103 points)
  • 5 Fallen; champion with plasma pistol and power fist, one Fallen with meltagun, three Fallen with paired lightning claws (134 points)
  • Helbrute; with multi-melta and helbrute fist with combi-bolter (114 points) [converted SM Cybot]

kW2Ha48.jpg

oIQoogS.jpg

Codex: Death Guard

• Lord of Contagion; with manreaper (112 points)
  • 3 Nurglingbases (54 points)

eDEf0l6.jpg

Out of competition

• 1 Primaris Intercessor (0 points)

IKHAC1H.jpg

TL/DR: Darnok, CSM forum, 517 points. :thumbsup:

Edited by Darnok

You want me to post you some? One veteran Liberite to another?

No need, brother. I've got something a little... darker to paint.

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dirty Xenos Dark Eldar (But really still the Liber) and vow to complete Five (5) Wracks of total value 45 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory, plus loot and possibly prisoners from real-space, and failure (which is NEVER an option) will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_46204_9220_50215.jpg

I don't intend to even write the story for this challenge until I've painted the models, but hopefully you all won't mind a little prologue for the story I'm going to tell about them:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

--The Storyteller's Revenge--

The Liberites gathered in Hall One toiled away on their reports. The renowned celebration of skill, E Tenebrae Lux, was upon them once more, and each brother of the Legio strove to deliver their utmost in keeping with the hallowed traditions of the event.

One of the side-doors to the hall creaked open, and Acemund Debonair entered the room, largely ignored amongst the bustle and excitement. Chapter serfs and the Battle-Brothers they attended shuffled about, fetching ancient texts from old dusty shelves, or examining data-slates on the ancient lecterns.

At first, very few noticed Ace as he made his way to one of the central tables of Hall One. Those that did, though, noticed that the self-proclaimed 'Apprentice Techmarine' was not his usual bombastic, easy-going self. Ace's expression was as stern and as grey as a storm cloud, and as resolute as iron.

To see such an intense expression on the face of the normally affable Herald gave the other Liberites pause, and slowly but surely a ring of silence spread around Ace as he threw a battered-looking old data-slate onto the table with a clatter.

"This just arrived," Ace said, quietly, without lifting his gaze from the data-slate. His tone was neutral, but carefully so. Forcedly so, as though he was striving to keep his temper in check. The Liberites around the table caught a glimpse of a group of thin figures, clad in gold armour and brandishing an assortment of heinous weapons - whips, daggers and wickedly curved swords. They were stood in a burning village, surrounded by men, women and children. Some were dead, others dying, but others still were bound in snares and chains, being dragged towards the sleek prow of a crimson and gold raiding ship.

Dark Eldar, for certain. Ace's fists clenched and opened convulsively as he continued speaking in the same forcedly level tone, his expression growing darker by the second.

"This data-slate came from the Glastheim Rifts. These are the ancestral enemy of my people. These aliens think that with my Circle-Brothers spread so thinly across the Rifts, that they can take what they want from humanity. They attack where they are least expected, like cowards, and they think The imperium can never catch them."

Everyone in the hall now had fallen silent. Ace's voice grew in volume and intensity as he spoke, until every word boomed like a battlecry.

"This pict-capture came from Talhon, the world of my people. The world of the White Hawks. I am far from home, brothers. My duties keep me here; I cannot take a warrior's revenge on these aliens for what they have done to my people."

Ace closed his eyes for a moment, his teeth gritted against the rage that had built in him. With a visible effort, he calmed himself. His voice was no longer as loud as the thunder, as fierce as the storm - now it was the cold, level speech of a man with a singular, terrible purpose.

"Instead, I will take the revenge that is open to me. The revenge of the scribe, the skald, the storyteller. I will tell you of these aliens. These monsters. I will tell you all that is known of their past, their tactics, their methods. Let this knowledge fill you, brothers. Let the tales spread; sooner or later these aliens will do battle with Space Marines who are wise to their tricks. When this knowledge causes the foul Dark Eldar to die a death of fire and pain, I will have the storyteller's revenge.

They call themselves the Kabal of the Shattered World, and this tale will be my revenge upon them."

Edited by Ace Debonair

Sarnakh the Sunderer leaned forward on his command throne aboard the Will of the Phaeron. "Play the transmission again," he ordered Comms. "We wish to see it in its entirety."

"Aye, my lord," Comms responded. He turned to his holo-lectern and rapidly keyed in a command. A vid began to play on the holo-screen. It was short, and not truly coherent, but its message was clear. It was a call to arms for Imperial forces.

The Sunderer leaned forward, deep in thought. This was serious. Individually weak though they were, the humans were extremely numerous and capable of slowing down the Necron revivification process if they put their mind to it.

He was still contemplating his next move three-point-six-four rotations later when Rezon stalked onto the bridge. The Praetorian stood tall, nearly as tall as he was, but she still fell short of his daughter Kani. 

Sarnakh rose from the command dias and held his claws to his throat in salute. Rezon bowed in response, then spoke. "Honorable Phaeron, I bear for you a message."

"We shall hear it, Praetorian," the Sunderer allowed.

"It is for you only, Honorable Phaeron," she responded curtly.

"Then we shall hear it in private," Sarnakh grated. He waved a hand, and the two vanished in a site-to-site teleportation beam, whisking them away to the Phaeron's private audience chambers. 

Sarnakh settled into the throne. "My heiress and Vargard shall attend these proceedings, if the Triarch allows it."

"It shall."

He waved a claw, and the imposing forms of Kani and Chronozak shimmered into being on either side of him. "Proceed, Praetorian."

"The Praetoriate has declared an emergency revivifaication and biotransference to combat the predicted Imperial crusade into Necrontyr holdings. It is suspected that other galactic powers will also be performing their own force buildups in response to this crusade, and the Krork will be drawn to the fight regardless. This dynasty is hereby ordered to render service to the Necrontyr race and the Silent King."

The Phaeron leaned forward and steepled his claws. "We shall consult amongst ourselves. In the meantime, await our response." With that, he and his cohort vanished from view, leaving the Praetorian alone in the chamber.

~~~

"Therek!" The Sunderer boomed, striding into the aethermancer's workshop. "You and your cohorts are hereby ordered to advance construction of new vessels and war machines, and accelerate revivification processes."

Therek's head popped up with a protective mask on, and promptly admonished the Phaeron. "My lord, you will kindly not barge into my lab without first giving me the chance to deactivate or neuter some of my more volatile experiments. It would not do well for you to be damaged by carelessness."

Sarnakh growled and fingered his warscythe. "Have care how you speak, Thunderseeker. I have received orders from the Praetoriate and that has not put me in the best of moods! Now, you are hereby ordered to advance construction of new vessels and war machines, and accelerate revivification processes."

"My lord has received orders contrary to his preferences?" Therek asked. 

"Warp-hells, Therek, just carry them out!"

Therek bowed deeply, accidentally zapping a nearby scarab as he did so. "As you wish, my lord."

"Thank you, Thunderseeker. See it done." He turned on his heel and began to stalk out, but paused. "Therek, what was the name of the Cryptek who led the development of the Triarch Strider?"

"Envalish, my lord. Why?"

"When he finds targets for the biotransference, tell him...to be creative." With that, the Phaeron walked out the door and into the hall, cloak snapping in his wake.

Therek smirked, or would have. "Aye, milord."

That took far longer to write than it should have taken me.

Expect more vow-specific lore to follow upon completion.

Anyway, the vow proper!

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the Necrontyr Forum and the Liber! I vow to complete one (1) Illuminor Szeras, worth one hundred and twenty points, and two (2) squads of Warriors worth 110 points each, for a grand total of three hundred and forty points, on or before the first of September 2019. Success shall bring glory to myself, the Liber, and the Silent King; failure shall see me doomed to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker till year's end.

ETLVII 1st vow photo

Illuminor Szeras counts-as front WIP

Illuminor Szeras counts-as side WIP

Necron admech horror squad wip for etl

Hmm..... I think I've got a story rattling around my brain. So.... sure:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete:

• Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword and Plasma Pistol) - 79
  • 5 Intercessors - 85
  • Tactical squad (Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon) - 167

For a Total Value of 331 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

j2CJSoU.jpg

UuRrevH.jpg

vNS5KOT.jpg

WXWGo5p.jpg

I was already thinking about writing an article on my personal Forge World. I'm in.

Index Mechanicus: Forge World Fermya. The demesne of explorers.

I Quantum rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus (logic: who holds the future but the disciples of the Deus Mechanicus?) and vow to complete 10 men unit of Skitarii Vanguard of total value 112 (logic: need expendable cannon fodder) on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end (logic: the benefits of success outweigh the consequences of failure).

Cannot pass this!

WE Filkarion, Lone Dovourer of ETL 2018, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tyranid's Hive Mind and vow to complete

--------Servitor of the Gods of Deep Void--------

10 Hormagants

10 Termagants with Fleshborer

3 Biovore

3 Ripper Swarms

--------The Cult of the Scientific Truth--------

Primus

Kelermorph

2 Sanctus with sniper rifle

of total value 528 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory to us the Grat Devourer and failure will doom us to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and reach the final stage of evolution, death

Now, a question:

Does the story have to involve only what you have vowed, or can it involve what you will be vowing? Because I've got quite a few things I want to vow, but I'm keeping my first vow small to get myself back in the swing of painting my Dark Angels.

I, Dracos of the Ordo Astartes, as a friend to the Warhawks <Raven Guard> rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Astartes and vow in the name of the Shadow Council to complete two squads of five Aggressors of total value 370 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
med_gallery_7985_14167_61116.jpg

This story will "officially" summarize the origins of the Shadow Council. A secret organization within the Warhawks, formed to battle the machinations of the Alpha Legion. They are involved in a particularly deadly shadow war with a warband called the Shrouded Hand. It will be narrated by their close ally, Inquisitor Dracos (Antiquarti).

Vow completed; so here's the accompanying story:

--= Kynasa's Fall =--

Serf Haydram of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword was one of many assigned to assist in the day-to-day functions of the Liber, as had been his father, and his father before him.

Each Liber serf was assigned to one of may duties; toiling in one of the Liber Halls, or the Culinarium, or the Great Archives. Most, however, were assigned to a Legio battle-brother, whom they would serve and assist as best they could. Haydram was one of three serfs assigned to the assistance of Acemund of Talhon, better known amongst his brothers as Ace Debonair.

Haydram had been sent to scour the Great Archives in search of details on Legion-influenced feudal heraldry of Knight Houses of the 37th millennium, and his search had taken him rather longer than he'd hoped. The servitor in charge of the information was away for repairs, so Haydram had been left to examine each ancient book by hand, with painstaking care.

Having returned to Acemund's workshop only to find the room empty, Serf Haydram had set off in search of his appointed master. He'd noticed how uncommonly quiet the Liber had become - normally serfs and Space Marines were constantly toiling here, writing, discussing, editing or reciting the great texts that made up the bulk of the Liber's honoured chronicles.

Haydram remembered hearing that the emissary from the Dark Angels was arriving this week - perhaps that had something to do with the sudden quiet?

Wait, he thought. Noises; from Hall One. One noise, anyway - a single voice, echoing through the halls. Entering through one of the side doors, clutching the large scroll to his torso, Serf Haydram carefully made his way through the crowd that had gathered. There was no mistaking the voice once inside the hall - his assigned master, Acemund, was in full story-telling mode. Edging through the crowd of serfs and Space Marines, carefully, Haydram stopped next to another familiar figure. She was hunched over a data-slate, her thin fingers tapping away at the keys as quickly as she could.

"Mischa, what's happening?" Haydram whispered to her. Scribe Mischa, one of Acemund's other serfs, gave Haydram an impatient glance before returning to her task.

"Not now, Haydram."

"I got the scroll m'lord Acemund wanted, but when I got back to the workshop, everyone had gone." Haydram hefted the scroll, triumphantly. Mischa turned another stern glare at him, sparing a brief moment to brush her fringe back out of her eyes.

"I am scribing, Haydram. Not now." Mischa frowned as she typed. "This is a new tale. An important one."

"...What's it about?" Haydram whispered. Mischa didn't even look up this time, instead nodding towards the centre of the crowd. By standing on his tiptoes, Haydram could just about see Acemund's head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd. The Hawk of Talhon was in full-saga mode, his voice ringing with energy, echoing in the great hall, while making sweeping gestures with his hands.

" -fore the night. Captain Valagar's men, of the Brotherhood of Crows, were the first to arrive. The entire city was a blackened ruin, the corpses of the slain cut asunder with a hundred strikes and hung from the empty shells of what few buildings remained upright.

The Kabal of the Shattered World had stolen another victory, by attacking where we didn't expect them. Reclaiming the city had been a bold venture, but with over four hundred guardsmen to secure it we thought the Kabal would shy away from attacking this new settlement. When news of this reache-"

"I've never heard this story before." Haydram muttered. Mischa jabbed him lightly in the ribs with an elbow as she replied:

"I told you, it's a new one. Now be quiet and let me write it down."

Scanning the crowd, Haydram could see the lecterns around the table were all occupied by scribes, either tapping away at data-slates like Mischa or frantically scribbling away with pens and inks of various kinds.

Leaning slightly to the left, to see between the shoulders of two of the Space Marines in the crowd, Haydram could just about make out the faces of two other familiar figures alongside the Herald. Scribe Irian, the third of the serfs assigned to Acemund, stood by her master's side, holding up a large, old data-slate in her cybernetic arm, currently showing a picture of a blackened city. On Ace's other side, the servitor designated SN-517 from the Liber Heraldry Department (who also answered to 'Sen'), who most commonly played pre-recorded musical accompaniment whilst the others worked. He stood in silence, his single eye staring straight ahead as he awaited orders.

"-eir worst atrocity. The Champions of Athlum, my circle-brothers, sought to establish another recruitment world. They'd found a suitable candidate, not far from the Rivaldus system, a world called Kynasa.

The people of Kynasa were hardy, brave and strong. They passed the tests of purity, and the Champions established a keep in the mountains, where only the worthy could find it. They took recruits from Kynasa twice, and both generations proved to be exemplary Space Marines."

Acemund paused for a moment, shaking his head sadly.

"It was less than a month after the second recruitment cycle finished that the Kabal struck Kynasa. The Champions were spread thin, combatting the Hatecrowned in the Gargamel System, fighting alongside the White Hawks against Hive Fleet Goliandr, and hunting the heretical cult of Ehra across the Maligus System with the Brotherhood of Crows.

The Kabal of the Shattered World attacked Kynasa en masse. What few, scattered records we found, as well as the aftermath of the battles, indicated the presence of several hundred Dark Eldar. They killed many Kynasans, but for the most part they made prisoners of the people.

There were less than a dozen survivors. The Champions lost their new recruitment world, and the Kabal of the Shattered World made themselves a priority target for my Circle-brothers ever since.

But that is not the worst of their crimes. No, the worst is what became of the prisoners. Not content to simply divest the Champions of a source of recruits, they conduct experiments on the captive population of Kynasa. They fill them with vile concoctions and combat drugs too dangerous for the pitiful xenos to use on themselves. They tear out the Kynasan's ability to think for themselves, make living weapons of them, and set them against us."

The picture displayed on Irian's data-slate changed, showing five distorted, mutated figures. Haydram's stomach churned at the sight of them.

"These were once human. The Kabal use them as shock troopers, and to taunt us. To remind us that we failed to protect Kynasa, and to show us what will happen to every world in the Glastheim Rifts if we fail to stop them."

gallery_46204_9220_35829.jpg

Now, a question:

Does the story have to involve only what you have vowed, or can it involve what you will be vowing? Because I've got quite a few things I want to vow, but I'm keeping my first vow small to get myself back in the swing of painting my Dark Angels.

Will be vowing will be allowed as the story will include one or all of your vows

Now, a question:

Will be vowing will be allowed as the story will include one or all of your vows

Sweet.

I, Grand Master Belialrise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels Forum and vow to complete Primaris Chaplain (85), DW Terminator Squad (235), and Reiver Squad (100) of total value 420 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primaris Chaplain (stock)

DW Terminator Squad

- Sgt w/ Power Sword

- Terminator w/ Plasma Cannon

- Terminator w/ Chainfist

- 2x Terminators w/ Hammer and Shield

Reiver Squad

- 5x Grav-Chutes