+++Call of Chaos XII+++

Captain Semper

Thanks Dusk Rider! By the way I have painted almost all the squads and one warpsmith, but I think with a bigger effort in this final days I will manage to finish

Here is the champion of Squad 1

That is one lovely conversion! +1 for the clever use of space marine backpacks!

Cheers!

Now I know what to do with all the broken marine backpacks I have laying around... 

The idea first stroke me when I was trying to came up with some more chaos-looking backpacks for my "chaosified" primaris from Dark Imperium set: this was my first try

Kako primaris

I used a Termagant arm to create a "biomech" longed vent... but I did not align as I wanted... then I came up with the idea

I "tested" it on this noise marine (I talk about him here)

Doom siren

noise 1

I have painted this guy for Call of Chaos as a Blastmaster yesterday! Pics soon!

Then, as you have seen I went over the top with the Champion's Doom Siren! I have a pair of consideration, by the way
1) Primaris vets have some "covering" element that can be useful for desired shape/appearance, but as far as i have seen the inside of the vent is not fully sculpted (the little lines ends before the edge in one side)
2) "Older" vents are fully spherical (bar for the side they connect to the backpack), are smaller, but inside lines are "fully sculpted" from edge to edge

I am happy, as I have taken some inspiration over time from your work!

No problem man, great looking model.

Thanks! Coming from you it's a compliment to treasure!

That is one lovely conversion! +1 for the clever use of space marine backpacks!

Thanks! I have seen your great work on Night Lords! I am kinda proud of my conversions (even if not at the quality level of a lot of the amazing people here on B&C), I only wish I could enhance them with paint, but unfortunately my painting skills do not reach the same level (but I can see some improvement over time, so I am happy)

As always, great to see everyone's progress, and myself..I might still make the vow if I keep this tempo up.

@ Captain Semper, in my overview it states 5 marines, but I did vow 10 of them.

Finished said 10 chaos marines

Group
gallery_9422_15822_75296.jpg

gallery_9422_15822_113294.jpg

gallery_9422_15822_34440.jpg

10 more days to finish a venomcrawler...It's possible!

10 more days to finish 6 Chaos Marines..... I can do it.

Hardest part will be figuring out what colour to make the helmet on the Champion's backpack though....

This may be my inner Word Bearer talking but go smurfs, no one likes them :P

Hardest part will be figuring out what colour to make the helmet on the Champion's backpack though....

This may be my inner Word Bearer talking but go smurfs, no one likes them :tongue.:

I can easily do that actually, I have the paints.... It's just I'm painting Night Lords. So blue helmet on blue marine could be... yeah.

I mean, drastically different blues on my Night Lords compared to Ultramarines, but yeah :lol:

This may be my inner Word Bearer talking but go smurfs, no one likes them :tongue.:

I can easily do that actually, I have the paints.... It's just I'm painting Night Lords. So blue helmet on blue marine could be... yeah.

I mean, drastically different blues on my Night Lords compared to Ultramarines, but yeah :laugh.:

Smurf 1st company vet head. 

Plus sure the colours may be similar but I dont see Nightlord's goin 'ewww it clashes with my armour'. 'Well try this one ducky, the stripes make you look taller and the yellow really makes your eyes pop'. A trophys a trophy, not sure why Nightlords are hosting Queer Eye for the Straight Guy but the thought of a sassy murderer giving fashion advice made me internally chuckle. 

Been chipping away at my vow, although I'm unlikely to complete it by the 15th.

The below models aren't properly based yet, but the painting is at a state where it is done, but I may return to it to tidy it up/change it up in the future.

Exalted Champion

49180128491_61a79d0d94_z.jpg

Obliterator A

49180128416_5ac851e6b9_z.jpg49180128446_34131bc2da_z.jpg

Obliterator B

49179634893_b9bfcd460f_z.jpg49180330807_5fc981c5bf_z.jpg

Predator

49180128361_7c3c403cda_z.jpg

49180372142_4d86d07071_z.jpg

Cultists, Master of Possession, Greater Possessed are all underway and making good progress.

Edited by GrimApostle

40K-20170925021558.jpg

JUST ONE WEEK TO GO!

OK everyone, just one week to go! Let's accelerate, wrap it up and deliver results for the Dark Gods! I will not be closing the event until Dec 16th so people in all time zones will get to use Dec 15th. 

Some amazing work here guys, just keep the pace to the finishing line! :)

As always, great to see everyone's progress, and myself..I might still make the vow if I keep this tempo up. 

@ Captain Semper, in my overview it states 5 marines, but I did vow 10 of them.

Well then, I've added them to your total - I mean you've done the job, so the Gods feel include to give you the chance to become Warmaster. But you need to complete all the other stuff too... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here are the Poxwalkers, my third and final unit.

2tnN4BG.jpg?1

This completes my vow!

I have posted a pic of them with the first batch of poxwalkers I finished just before the Call on my blog.  Might see if I can take a pic of all my Call units together.

That the Havocs w/Autocannon & Master of Execution now complete. I have tomorrow off, so it going to be spent painting the Lord Discordant, getting the Autocannon Armiger & a Greater Possessed model built.

med_gallery_13342_13449_573418.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1371306.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1423763.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_986216.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_816377.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_22049.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_276940.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_381413.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_895709.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_47111.jpg

Regrettably I will not complete my vow. I knocked out a unit of cultists that are 80% done, but not close enough to call it for this.

On the bright side, I think I would have run out of motivational steam on the Obliterators, Predator and Exalted Champion (and diverting attention to two Rhinos on the side) before finishing them if I didn't have this for motivation.

Edited by GrimApostle

Well then, I've added them to your total - I mean you've done the job, so the Gods feel include to give you the chance to become Warmaster. But you need to complete all the other stuff too... :wink:

Well thanks for that little treat there Captain! Now I have to finish, I can't disappoint my blood god....the crawler is about 75% done already