Ideal / Preferred board size

gitface

Hi All

Our group have had a few kill team games, mainly on a makeshift board, and I was wondering what size of board people prefer to use.

Main reason I ask is I was at my local timber merchant getting some wood for another project and noticed they had a deal on some pre-cut 3mm plywood sheets so picked a big pile with the plan of making a modular board for 40k but I also thought about a kill team board.

I know the standard size board is 30" x 22",  the ply sheet I got are 31" x 19".  Would this make a big difference losing the 3".

what about a board size of 36" x 24" or 30" x 24" as I could work these in to my modular 40k board and serve double duty.

So I suppose what size board do people think is too big or too small,

Cheers,

Any size of about 30" by 22" would work - just recognize that you may have to adjust the deployment areas accordingly (the distance between forces is more important for game balance than the exact sizes of the deployment zones - at least usually.

Thanks for the response,  My main concern was too small and you're on top of each other, too large and you give the advantage to shooty models.

I think I'll use one of the 31" x 19" boards as a tester and see how it looks, but go with a 36" x 24" as that will fit with going full scale for a 6' x 4' board.

@ Mechanicus_Adept as for room, i'm just finishing two collapsible 4' x 3' tables so one table will be idea the set the kill team board up on.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been using 24”x24” boards for play. I took the idea from the killteam rule book where it says you can optionally use a Realm of Battle board.

Play wise it works out pretty well as Kill Team is already a decently paced game.