=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Because I’m a glutton for punishment, and because I want that Seriously... Badge for the month, here’s a little extra vow, not much, just some touch ups, but more importantly applying the shiny stuff as I did to the Lychguard, which I hope will make Deathmark Vizier Rezak the Executioner look a heck of a lot more impressive.

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, vow to refinish 1 necron overlord before the end of March (which, incidentally, will be about 12 hours for me, but I should be able to finish).

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/277921-12moh-march-vow-2/

I would also like to make a plodding along vow of one converted Ghost Ark, made from an AdMech Skorpius tank. This is hopefully to be done by the end of ETL, if not before, but we’ll see.

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, vow to complete 1 necron Ghost Ark by year’s end, made from the bones of a Mechanicum Skorpius Dunerider.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/277922-12moh-plodding-along-vow-start/

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Vow complete

p1e2Nes.jpg?1

This means I've done 5 Bloodletters in total, although I think I will redo the 'red' one in this orange scheme.

I'd like to say that everyone is producing some really good stuff and in volume too.  Guess we know what to do when we're told to stay at home!

Rezak Front 12MoH March complete

Rezak back 12MoH March complete

Rezak Side 12MoH March complete

And, last vow for March done and dusted! Man, what a difference a little less than two years makes. Glad to have updated this menacing machine!

Admiral Tanzer gazed out the window at the planet below. It would have been an ugly planet, he supposed, had he still cared about such things. Logically, he recognized the massive hives that rose from its surface and the plumes of smoke that rose from them as unsightly and of poor coloration, and some visceral part of him that remembered his battered lungs recoiled at the sight of them, but he simply could not bring himself to care about it. The only beauty he found now was in sound.

"Nemesor," sounded a flat voice from the hall, and Tanzer grimaced. Sometimes, the lack of sound could be the most beautiful of sounds, and he did not particularly appreciate having it interrupted at the moment.

A song of annoyance rising from his vocoder, he spoke without turning. "Yes, Immortal. What is it?"

"Two transport vehicles have arrived from the Αυγή Λεπίδες, with two attenders and two warriors. One appears more elite than the other."

"See them quartered, Immortal, and inform the Sentry," Tanzer ordered, knowing he would not recieve a response. He felt rather than heard the Immortal trod away, and the song of annoyance faded from the air.

Seven point four minutes passed in blessed silence before the slightly more welcome tones of Kani graced his audioreceptors.

"Greetings, Heiress," he said, turning and drawing a claw to his throat in salute.

"Greetings, Nemesor," she replied, saluting in kind. "I understand the envoys have arrived?"

"They have indeed, my lady. I have given orders to their provision." 

"Good."

Silence fell between them for the best part of an hour. Silent simulations projected themselves into the air, and Tanzer led Kani's digital forces on a merry mental chase through a simulated cavern, proving himself as usual the superior tactician in the face of superior forces.

Halfway through their second iteration, a small light blinked in Tanzer's field of vision, unseen to all but him. He paused the simulation and opened the notification. The message was a single word, a name specifically--Abrogator.

Kani noticed the pause and looked quizzically at the nemesor, and the exasperation that hummed in a new song.

"Do I want to know?"

Tanzer hooked a thumb over his shoulder, to where he knew, just knew, from centuries of experience, the Abrogator would be hanging in the void, its code-cloak wrapped around it hiding it from all but the Naculan flagship. 

Kani strode to the window, then muttered in annoyance. "What is the Executioner doing here?"

"My lady," Tanzer said with exasperation "here's another lesson for you. The Executioner does what he wants, no more, no less, though he does deign to follow orders from the Phaeron on occasion, and perhaps once a cycle he listens to his mistress. Whatever the reason he has for being here, you and I cannot influence it," he counseled, and slowly steered his honorary niece from the window, darkening it as he did so. "You had best forget he's even in the system."

A little lore to wrap up the month of March.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Last minute completion for me - I had wanted to get them done a week or so ago, to give me time to vow 3 cultists as an additional vow, but that did not happen.

Anyway, here are my ork bikers for my friend:

GhQLQld.jpg

Hu7fkXS.jpg4G3dzRJ.jpg

nOOXq1p.jpg

Brother Argalos was wounded in the extermination of a Xenos threat on the Eastern Fringe. Records of the engagement have been sealed by the Inquisition, but the 5th Company knows that he as interred in the shell of a Contemptor Dreadnought from at least M32. 

(I haven't added text to the scroll, or transfers yet - can't decide if I should commit to 'Calth' in the text or what to write in there, and waiting on some transfers - still calling him done.)

49722464436_662b606afb.jpg49722464006_4fedf20a34.jpg

Warpsmith Telerax is a gifted daemonsmith and former techmarine in service to Erasmus Arruk. Dispatched to support the construction of fortifications and the subjugation of this world, he brings his formidable knowledge and weaponry to bear in service of his masters.

49722779322_67dbc7faa8.jpg49721925128_74dd18a18d.jpg

Vow complete. 1x Contemptor Dreadnought, 1x Warpsmith - previously posted 1x Sorcerer and 10x Chaos Space Marines.

Close to the mark again, but I am complete with my two models of my vow.

Captain Elias Draeg walks (well, sprints in this case) the battlefield, in the typical style of minimalism for adornments the Vanquishers often employ to aid them in the tight confines of urban warfare, alongside Techmarine Perron:

med_gallery_26154_6860_25463.jpg

med_gallery_26154_6860_48072.jpg

Captain Elias Draeg looked towards the smog-obscured ruins of Vatarus Hive Primus and the tragic sight of the broken Inviolate Rage

amongst the spires as he stood amongst his assembled force of Vanquishers. Techmarine Perron arrived beside him, delcaring,

"All our war material is blessed and prepared for our advancement, Brother Captain."

Draeg nodded in approval, remarking as he flexed the fingers inside his power fist,

"I'm sure your power axe's machine spirit will be glad to deal with the stubborn filth that is impeding our allies' advance towards Vatarus Hive?"

Perron looked down to the unique axe in his grasp, a small, runed stone wrapped around the handle, that spoke its name, 'Huntclaw'. It had been a gift of gratitude for his heroic actions repairing a pair of Predators of the White Hawks of Talhon during the brutal defence of Hive Sceptra. Perron had often commented on the foibles of the machine spirit that resided within, as glory-hungry as the sons of Talhon themselves. The Techmarine could almost feel the hum of satisfaction within its power-systems during maintenance after combat against a tough foe that pushed Perron to his limit.

"It will, Captain. Should our foes dare to try and get close enough to despoil our war machines, Huntclaw will respond."

I hope Ace Debonair doesn't mind me borrowing an axe from his nuttily heroic warriors. :) And that's that. Now to work out what to vow next during my furloughing... I do have those Sons of Medusa to complete for the Back to Badab event.

Cambrius

MARCH SUMMARY

March saw 33 Frater returning to take up the challenge, vowing a total of 234 models. Of the 33 Frater, we had 30 complete their tasks, and 221 models. Managing over 200 models, three months in a row is a challenge record and a fantastic effort. Well done guys, gives yourselves a pat on the back :thumbsup:

As always, lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_2322.png

Aeternus

Knight-Master Skywrath

robofish5791

gallery_48988_15094_7762.png

Axineton

Brother Argent

Brother Cambrius

Focslain

Gederas

Gore Crow

Grotsmasha

​Jolemai

mactire

Majkhel

SufficientAnonymity

Trokair

Wakkomaster

Wolf Guard Einar

Ace Debonair

Arakos The Corruptor

Dr_Ruminahui

gaurdian31

Givemead

Llagos_Tyrant

Mandoaloriano

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Dwango

Rogue

The_Chaplain

toaae

Zujara

gallery_48988_15094_12.png

Arkhanist

Sabadin

Spazmolytic

gallery_48988_15094_5489.png

Aeternus

Axineton

Focslain

robofish5791

SufficientAnonymity

toaae

Trokair

Zujara

sml_gallery_48988_15094_13390.png

Dwango

Givemead

Llygos_Tyrant

Majkhel

Rogue

The_Chaplain

Wakkomaster

Wolf Guard Einar

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png

Brother Argent - Battlefield Suppies - 10hrs 35mins

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - Necron Overlord - 8hrs 36mins

Gederas - Valerian - 13hrs 6mins

guardian31 - 1 Poxwalker - 1hr 42mins

Magkhel - Haywire Mine - 14hrs 43mins

The_Chaplain - Warboss Zanzag - 21hrs 20mins

sml_gallery_48988_15094_16769.png

Ace Debonair - 5 Fire Warriors - 8hrs 55mins - +5 Fire Warriors - 17hrs 2mins, 1 Crisis Suit - 23hrs 28mins

sml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.png

Aeternus

Dr_Ruminahui

Dwango

Grotsmasha

guardian31

Rogue

Llygos_Tyrant

gallery_48988_15094_6223.png

Brother Argent

Brother Cambrius

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Givemead

Jolemai

sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.png

Ace Debonair

Arakos the Corruptor

Jolemai

mactire

mandaloriano

toaae

sml_gallery_48988_15094_13750.png

Brother Argent

Dwango

Focslain

Gederas

Givemead

Gore Crow

Grotsmasha

Llygos_Tyrant

Majkhel

Rogue

SufficientAnonymity

Trokair

Wolf Guard Einar

Zujara

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png

Aeturnus

Llygos_Tyrant

robofish5791

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

This month I've chosen SufficientAnonymity's excellent Primaris Grimaldus as my Favourite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign Summary

The Imperial Forces have maintained their numerical advantage, and have added more Attack / Defensive to their Forces, and have managed to complete 129 models for January, with Chaos completing 84 models, and Xenos completing 31 models.

The Imperium have managed to maintain their CP advantage too, earning 76CP for this month. The Chaos Forces managed to incease their CP this month to 39CP, with the Xenos Forces also increasing their CP to 39CP for the month.

Ok guys, that's Q1 of the Campaign complete, and although we are yet to see any conflict between to Factions, the peace cannot last....

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

April

sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_2576.pnggallery_48988_15094_2995.pnggallery_48988_15094_1516.pnggallery_48988_15094_1847.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_2200.pnggallery_48988_15094_5099.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_16024_1138.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_7207.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating
Vowed, No pic
Vowed, with pic
Complete

List of Participants

Imperium

Axineton - 5 Harlequins
Brother Argent - 5 Sisters of Silence
Brother Cambrius - 5 Space Marines
Focslain - 2 IG Vandettas, 1 IG Wyvern, 1 Warglaive
Gederas - 10 Cataphractii
Gore Crow - 10 Skitarii Vanguard
Grotsmasha - 1 AT Lucius Warlord Titan, 1 AT Warhound, 2 Rhinos, 1 Astartes Battle Barge
Jolemai - 1 Techmarine, 1 Scout
Knight-Master Skywrath - 6 Inceptors, 5 Deathwing Knight, 1 Ravenwing Champion, Grand Master Sammael
Kolgrim DeathHowl -
mactire - 1 Company Master, 1 Deathwing Sergeant, 1 Librarian
Majkhel - 1 Librarian, 2 Incursors, 3 Scouts, 1 Vanguard Veteran marine, 1 Devastator
Oshkai - 1 GH Pack Leader, 1 Long Fang
robofish7591 -
Sabadin - 5 Support Legionaires (Stubborn), 1 Apothecary, 1 Contemptor
SufficientAnonymity - 10 Adepta Sororitas, 2 Cherubs, 5 Zeraphim
Trokair - 6 Arco-flagellants
Wakkomaster - 10 Primaris Intercessors
Wolf Guard Einar -

Chaos

Ace Debonair - 3 Plague Marines, 1 Adepta Sororitas
Aeternus - 5 Chaos Marines, 4 Chaos Terminators
Arakos The Corruptor - 1 Dreadnought
Arkhanist -
Dr_Ruminahui - 6 Chaos Cultists
gaurdian31 - 5 Poxwalkers
Givemead - 5 Flesh hounds, Karanak, 1 Word Bearer
Llagos_Tyrant - 12 Terrain pieces, 2 Ultramarines Lieutenants, 7 Ultramarine Tactical Marines, 5 Terminators, and 8 Iron Warriors
Mandoaloriano - 1 Forge Lord, 1 Moritat, 8 Destroyers
Spazmolytic -

Xenos

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - Re-base 3 Scarabs, 3 Scarabs, 6 Wraiths,

Dwango - 5 Guardians, Heavy Weapons Platform, 1 Harlequin
longjohnsilver - 12 Guardsmen (Stubborn)
Rogue - 12 Neophytes
The_Chaplain - 1 Gorkanaut, 1 Ork Half Trakk, 1 Ork Big Trakk, 1 Ork Chinork Warkopta, 2 Ork Trukks (Plodding Along), 1 Warboss in Mega Armour, 1 Mek, 1 Painboy, 1 Weirdboy, 1 Ork Battlewagon, 1 Grot mega tank, 4 Grot tanks, 6 Deffkoptas (Plodding Along)
toaae - 1 Imagifier, 1 Cannoness, 12 Adepta Sororitas

TPS - Yvraine, her kitten and a Nemesis Dreadknight, 8 Genestealers
Zujara - 5 Wracks, 3 Grotesques, 1 Haemonculus and Urien Rakarth, 2 Talos, Chronos

Plogging Along Pledges for 2020

Aeternus - Chaos Knight Rampager / Desecrator
Arakos the Corruptor - 1 Warhound Titan
Brother Argent - Imperial Knight
Daimyo_Phaeron Lenoch - 1 Ghost Ark
Dr Ruminahui - Wall of Martyrs, Heresy Land Raider
Dwango - Eldar Nightwing
Focslain - Imperial Knight Construction Bay
Givemead - The Great Unclean One
Grotsmasha - 30+ HH Dark Angels
Jolemai - 1 Cerberus
Llagos_Tyrant - 1 Defiler
Majkhel - Storm Raven
mandaloriano - Chaos Warhound Titan
Sabadin - Ltd Ed Noise Marine
Spazmolytic - Effrit Stealth Squad Commander
The_Chaplain - 1 Gorkanaut, 1 Ork Half Trakk, 1 Ork Big Trakk, 1 Ork Chinork Warkopta, 1 Ork Trukk, and 1 Ork Trukk with enclosed cab (APR)
The_Chaplain - 1 Warboss in Mega Armour, 1 Mek, 1 Painboy, 1 Weirdboy, 1 Ork Battlewagon, 1 Grot mega tank, 4 Grot tanks, 6 Deffkoptas (APR)

TPS - 1 Reaver Titan

Additinal CP Events

The Titans of Heresy II - 15 Jan to 15 Apr - Complete

Gore Crow - Titanic Task 1: Warbringer Nemisis Titan (Princeps 1CP)
Grotsmasha - Titanic Task 3: 4 Warhound Titans & 1 Warlord Titan, Knightly Task 2: 3 Questoris, 1 Arcastus (Princeps Majoris, Gatekeeper 4CP)
Wolf Guard Einar - Titanic Task 1: 1 Warlord Titan, Knightly Task 3: 9 Questoris Knights, 2 Cerastus Knights (Master of Judgement 3CP)

Loyalty and Treachery V - 15 Jan to 15 Apr - Complete

Dwango - 1 Leviathan Dreadnought, 6 Contemptor Dreadnoughts (CENTURION, CHAPLAIN, CHAMPION, FORGELORD 4CP)
Gederas - Perturabo, 1x Siege Breaker, 1x Contemptor-Mortis, and 3x Legion Vindicators (CENTURION, CHAPLAIN, DELEGATUS, CHAMPION 4CP)
Grotsmasha - Ferrus Manus, 2 Rhinos, 5x Cataphractii, 1 Spartan, Lorgar Aurelian (CENTURION, CHAPLAIN, DELEGATUS, CHAMPION 4CP)
mandaloriano - 1 Legion Champion, 20 Legion Tactical Marines, 2 Deathshround Terminators, 5 Grave Warden Terminators, 5 Heavy support Marines (CENTURION, CHAPLAIN, CHAMPION 3 CP)
Sabadin - 1 Apothecary, 1 Tactical Support Squad, 1 Contemptor
Trokair - Magos Prime, 1x Castellax, 3x Thallax (CENTURION, MAGOS 2CP)

Back to Badab: A Community Kill Team Project

Brother Cambrius - Sons of Medusa
Dr_Ruminahui - Astral Claws
Gederas - Salamanders
Grotsmasha - Fire Hawks

++ March of the Machines ++ 1 Mar to 31 Mar - Complete

Brother Argent - 2 Lieutenants (Brother 1CP)
Daimyo_Phaeron Lenoch - 1 Terminator, 2 Razorbacks (Brother 1CP)
Grotsmasha - Ferrus Manus (Brother 1CP)

Chalnath Expanse Liberation 9 Mar to 12 Apr - Complete

Focslain - Air Wing
longjohnsilver - Patrol

The Liberalia Maritale 2020: The Iron Gauntlet

TASK 1:
Ace Debonair
Brother Argent

Brother Cambrius
Daimiyo-Phaeron Lenoch
Focslain
Gederas
Grotsmasha
Llygos_Tyrant
toaae
Trokair

+++The Spring Backlog Cleaning+++ 1 Apr to 31 May

Aeternus

Dr_Ruminahui

Participants on the Randomizer List

Chaplain Dosjetka

Edited by Grotsmasha

APRIL VOW: fifteen Adepta Sororitas in various stages of painting. I'm going for a grimy Argent Shroud-type scheme so they match my Templars. I know AS aren't that competitive, but they're more for display than gaming. The rest of this year (pending product availability due to COVID19) the plan is to put together a more competitive Skitarii army.

pCbiKw4.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Vow 1:

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and hear by vow to complete 5 Fleshhounds by months end for the glory of Khorne and the Chaos faction, may I feel Khorne's wrath if I fail.

VD5LN9q.jpg?1

Vow 2:

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and hear by vow to complete Karanak by months end for the glory of Khorne and the Chaos faction, may I feel Khorne's wrath if I fail.

Mb3egP1.jpg?1

Starting small, but I have plans for more :)

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of APRIL vow to complete 1 Librarian with JP to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_28110.jpg

A kit-bashed Libby built 3 years ago that has remained in the state you see him since then.

The base of the blue is defined all right, as is the robe, but more shades and some highlights are needed. As are all the details and a new 32mm base.

Not joking, I'm going to make this happen.

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Aprile pledge to complete for the Imperium a Space Marine Primaris Intercessor Squad, made of 1 Intercessor Sergeant and 4 Intercessors, by month's end.

If I'm not mistaken that's 5 models that need better highlights, basing and transfers.

Here's the starting picture:

P 20200329 184448

I, Focslain, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete for the Imperium two Vendettas, by month's end.

Their the two flanking the vulture.

Airwingstart

Here's the WIP of fixing the lack of cockpit glass.

Valkwip2

Vow complete. This was a bit tight. Hopefully I will give myself a bit more time for the next vow....

med_gallery_141590_16070_469037.jpg

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 5 aeldari guardians (Mymeara craftworld) and 1 player from the masque of the soaring spite to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_274281.jpg

The mods seem to be very trigger happy at any mention of anything related to the that-shall-not-be-named, so I'll just apologise for not being able to complete anything for March. Next month, maybe.

Pict.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March vow complete!

Was some slow going progress at the start but now have a full half of 8th claw done, and a Terminator veteran also finished up so feeling pretty good at how stuff is coming along. Pretty much got the hang of the marines now, though there are still some differences between the earlier two and these later three that I could stand to iron out, especially on reflection going a bit easier on the snow on the marines themselves, and really nailing the blue recipe down instead of sorta varying it accidentally each time, however the experiments with plasma glow (which I have always previously done blue), pale skin, tarot cards on the terminator and additional practice on bone have proved helpful.

I am mildly concerned though with how much bloody effort the terminator was, starting to think the pile of three squads of them I've got lounging around might end me during this isolation rather than the other way round. Certainly after the various maneuvers around the trophy spikes I've realised they would be better left off, painted, then added, but live and learn. While the greenstuff skull from Sev's shoulder looks...ok, I think for the rest of the atramentar I'll try and get ahold of some non skull Lion shoulder pads and see how they go, but without further ado, March's completions:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Termi-1-collage.jpg

Marine-3-collage.jpg

Marine-4-collage.jpg

Marine-5-collage.jpg

And the half squad in their glory so far:

Eighth-Claw-Half.jpg

Finally, I'm not sure if it was just the choice of limbs/pose, or if the kit is entirely to thank, but I certainly am a fan of the way the new terminator's just have much more of a sense of presence, dwarfing the marines around them in terms of bulk.

Comparison.jpg

Thanks for looking, and I'll put a post up tomorrow for some new vows :D 

Damn Aeternus, those guys look badass! :tu:

Well, since it's April and I've managed to get these guys primed:

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 10 Cataphractii Terminators (2 sqauds of 5) of the Dark Angels to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

adzy2Xv.jpg
0YcnMDB.jpg