Thought of the Day: “Death Shall Hold Dominion and Silence Fall; Consider.”
War. If there is a single defining truth of the dark and terrible age in which we live, it is war, red and bloody.
The ceaseless battle between Mankind and the alien, between the divine truth of the God-Emperor and the falsehoods of Chaos, between brother and brother, between light and dark, life and death – war is all. This treatise concerns but one war among many, but a war whose nature and secrets render it quite exceptional. It was a conflict that rose up to plunge a score of star systems into savage strife. A war which turned entire armies of the Imperium’s most powerful warriors against each other and in doing so swept millions to their deaths in its turbulence. I write of course of one of the most insidious and dangerous internecine conflicts to wrack our beloved Imperium in many centuries: the Badab War.
- Inquisitor-Ordinate Talon Encarmidus, Ordo Hereticus, 5137933.M41
[Imperial Armour IX: The Badab War - Part 1]
Welcome, brothers and sisters, Loyalists and Separatists, to another edition of “Back to Badab”: a thread that will serve as a loose framework to enable fellow Badab War enthusiasts to gather and share pictures and stories of their Badab War projects, and provide each other with ideas and feedback, while generally have a good time in dangerously close proximity to the dreaded Maelstrom.
Since most of us are hobby butterflies, the main focus of this thread will be creating “kill teams” set in the Badab War conflict as these are far cheaper and easier to make than a full army, and can be used on the tabletop with the official Kill Team rules or a number of unofficial fan-made rule sets. However, after an excellent suggestion by AHorriblePerson, I also strongly encourage people to create models for the various Badab War characters that were never granted anything more than a passing mention or, at best, a datasheet in one of the two Imperial Armour: Badab War books such as Elam Courbray, Anton Narvaez, and Tarnus Vale on the Loyalist side and Corien Sumatris, Thulsa Kane, and Ahazra Redth on the Secessionist side.
Please note that while the Badab War was an Adeptus Astartes conflict first and foremost, many other factions contributed to the conflict so if you would like to come up with a Kill Team representing one of those underrepresented factions (for example: the human, mutant, and xenos raiders and pirates that plagued the shipping lanes of the Maelstrom Zone, the human elements of the Tyrant’s Legion, the heretek scavengers that Huron used to recover a buried weapons store on Cygnax, the Mechanicus of Angstrom, or even the dreaded forces of the Ordo Hereticus and Inquisitor-Ordinate Talon Encarmidus himself) you are free and very much encouraged to do so.
Also note that I strongly encourage you all to post some accompanying lore/story when you post pictures of your models. We are not looking for award-winning writing but adding a bit of flavour to your pictures will enhance the experience for all involved and really cement the idea that your models are part of the tragic Badab War.
Finally, Primaris Marines as such have no place here as the Badab War is set in the first two decades of 900.M41, long before the events of the Gathering Storm, the Cicatrix Maledictum, and the Indomitus Crusade. That said using Primaris Marine models for true/art-scale conversions is, naturally, authorised.
VOWS OF FEALTY
For those of you who would like to “officialise” your commitment to this project you may copy and paste the text below, filling in the blanks while you’re at it to reflect your project, and post it for all to see your fealty to the cause of the Loyalists or the Secessionists. This is non-complusory and only here to help motivate people to get their project done by providing them with a deadline mechanism.
I, <insert forum name>, do swear to complete a Kill Team consisting of <insert amount and description of models> who are committed to the <Loyalist/Secessionist> cause. The deadline for this will be <insert date in the year 2020> and I shall do the utmost best to not fail my brothers- and sisters-in-arms.
MARKS OF AFFILIATION
You’re encouraged to include the appropriate "faction" banner in your signature to show your participation and affilitation, though please keep in mind the forum rules regulating the use of signature space.
For information and inspiration:
- Lexicanum entry on the Badab War
- Back to Badab, the original thread Badab War community log by The Yak
- Index Astartes Resources, where you can find decals and such for some of the Badab War Chapters
- Shadow War: Badab, a B&C community effort to give the Badab War Chapters their own rules for the Shadow War: Armageddon game instigated and led by Brother Tyler
- To the Bitter End, an Astral Claws log by Noctus Cornix
- Truescale Badab War Kill Team, a mixed Loyalist/Secessionist log by Brother Dallo
- Clawthorn, an Astral Claws log by apologist
- Executioners Kill Team/Raider Group, an Executioners
Primarislog by Crusader of Dorn
- A Roar amongst the Thorns, an Astral Claws log by TheTrans
- The Murderclowns' Lament, a Lamenters
and filthy xenoslog by Kinstryfe
- LM's Lab, a Lamenters log by Mr Yellow
- Art Scale Carcharodons, a Carcharodon Astra log by Trysanna
- From the Dark they came, a mixed Loyalist (mostly Carcharodon Astra) log by The Observer
- In the Ashes of the Thorns, an Astral Claws log by Soldier of Dorn
- A reckless disregard for the Codex Astartes, a Raptors log by The Yak
- Sanctioned Fratricide, a Minotaurs log by Freakiq
- The Space Marine Secret Police!, a Minotaurs log by Caillum
- Lucifer's W.o.S.P., a Raptors
Primaris(these days at least) log by Lucifer
- A Reimagining of the 5th Tyrant's Legion, an Astral Claws log by The Trans
- Mantis Warriors Reborn, a Mantis Warriors
Primarislog by Naryn
- Sons Of Medusa Blog, a *drumroll* Sons of Medusa
Primarislog by darren6405
- To the Bitter End, an Astral Claws log by Noctus Cornix
- The Vega III Incident, a mixed Loyalist/Secessionist group project
- Vengeance is our Redemption, a Mantis Warriors log by The4thHorseman
- The Tip of the Claw, an Astral Claws/Tyrant's Legion log by Leviathus
- Raptors Taskforce, a *drumroll* Raptors log by Seathal
- Siege of the Palace of Thorns, a Tiger Claws log by Dark Brotherhood
- The Sons of Medusa, a *drumroll* Sons of Medusa log by Grey_Death
And, of course, none of this would be possible without the lore genius that was Alan Bligh and his fantastic team at Forge World. Emperor bless their souls.
Edited by Dosjetka, 05 February 2020 - 03:42 PM.