=][= WAY FORWARD =][=

Brother Tyler

If Sim steps down from his leadership positions, I am happy to remain with BotL, else I withdraw everything I contributed to BotL.

Given that I was writing for a Sim's legion, I cannot withdraw the characters, but I do expect BotL not to use my take on the General, particularly my revised origin story and his strategic writings.  I also take with me my forge world concepts.

I understand and will adhere to the restrictions outlined.

Edited by Uberlord Gendo

I, Doctor Perils (previously Lord Thørn), hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost project.

Based on the criteria identified above, I withdraw the following content that I claim as my own from the Brotherhood of the Lost project:
Star Lords - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327401-applications-for-legio-xviii/?p=4553191
(page 12 post 285)

I understand and will adhere to the restrictions identified above.

Edited by Doctor Perils

One bored random Sunday, I decided to browse to an old forum to checkup on an old fan project that seemed to have been left in reasonably capable hands and saw that it was left in a total crap show.

This is rather frankly embarrassing, now, and is not something I care to have my online persona associated with having previously stopped participating a while back.

I would appreciate if out the spirit of goodwill that my contributions to the former Brotherhood of the Lost project, pertaining in particular to the Drowned Legion, its 'character and art direction' and its characters are not referred to or included, or be included in any further project outside of my own, within reason. I appreciate that the design was far from unique and is developed out of a hodgepodge of other IP's, but please kindly respect the wishes I will similarly do so.

While I appreciate the time and effort contributed to the Drowned and their characters, they now bear little resemblance to what I desired from them initially, and in such a way that diminished my own enjoymwnt and pleasure in participating.

I have not seen helterskelter post, and as Raktra is removing their own contributions, see little point in continuing with their inclusion.

I have less personal attachment outside of the legion, and seek no claim to character that I have had no hand in creation.

As there seems to be a fairly finite list, I shall, some time this week, complete a list of all such removals of content that will be considered off limits.

I will sign this off by requesting that if someone could let me what has gone on in the background to cause this to be such a formal split, but also to say that, largely,it was a pleasure, especially in the early days, to sit down and spend evenings talking with your all over BNC about this project, and I'm sorry to see that it had ended so acrimoniously.

I hope at least that this project does not directly benefit someone else's pocket through my contributions (Site maintenance excluded), but similarly hope that if should someone else be willing to contribute to these kinds of projects, that by withdrawing my own participation, that they themselves can have more room to ay and create with.

I wish all the contributors and any readers the best of luck and fun, and if I ever get back in TT, that there will be some, especially in the UK who maintain their projects.who knows, we may meet again on opposite table sides one day, and have the opportunity to try out the rules we created all those years ago.

I, Kelborn, hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost project.

Based on the criteria identified above, I withdraw the following content that I claim as my own from the Brotherhood of the Lost project:

- The XXth Legion also known as the Predators

- The Knight Houses of Toho, Harkon, Atreis and Ordoz

- The Titan Legio Gojira

- The Grand Torunament for Knight Households

- The Yamatar Realm including the Imperial Sons

and any associated content from the Brotherhood of the Lost project.

I acknowledge and will adhere to the above restrictions.

I, Skalpynock, hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost Project.

Based on the criteria identified above, I withdraw the following content:

- The Void Eagles legion, and all associated characters, units, planets*

- The Lightwings auxilia

- The Warbringers legion, and all associated characters, units, planets

- The Novadeka regiments

- Legio Apollo

- House Garin

- The Genesis Legion

- The Suzerainty

- The Acheryan Vanguard

- Forge world Caelenia

*Exception can be made of the Morning Stars, as long as I am asked and notified by either party of their intended use of them.

Edited by Skalpynock

I, Slips, hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost Project.
Based on the criteria identified above, I withdraw the following:

• Anything pertaining to the XIXth Legion, the Scions Hospitalier, that I had a direct hand in creating.

Anything else is fair game.

Having been made aware that the Brotherhood of the Lost is claiming a faction named the Star Lords which sounds ostensibly similar to a Star Lords faction I had created for 18th Legion submissions at the time (a faction which had not been accepted into the project), I have amended my retraction from the project as follows:

I, Doctor Perils (previously Lord Thørn), hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost project.

Star Lords - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327401-applications-for-legio-xviii/?p=4553191
(page 12 post 285)

Having been made aware that the Brotherhood of the Lost is claiming a faction named the Star Lords which sounds ostensibly similar to a Star Lords faction I had created for 18th Legion submissions at the time (a faction which had not been accepted into the project), I have amended my retraction from the project as follows:

(page 12 post 285)

The legions are actually quite different, the new Star Lords are a new creation with a completely different inspiration and is loyalist.

(page 12 post 285)

The legions are actually quite different, the new Star Lords are a new creation with a completely different inspiration and is loyalist.

That's fair enough - the name in and of itself is fairly "generic", it's the underlying concepts that I wish to keep :)

I, Talonair, hereby withdraw from further participation in the Brotherhood of the Lost project.

- The Mechanicum Abyssii in their entirety, including all characters, units, ships, technology, wargear, and planets and holdings (Nox, Ydolon, Minerva, Somotus etc)

- The Legio Carnifex and all associated characters

- The Spectris Lancaea and all associated characters

• 1 month later...

I would like to start this post by apologising to everyone for my extended period of absence from both this project and the A Broken Throne project which has been started by the departing members. My absence was in part due to uncertainty as to what course of action I would take but largely due to personal reasons. 

I can now let it be known that I have decided to allow the use of the Crimson Lions and my other creations, and participate in (to the best of my abilities), both projects. There are a couple of reasons for my not withdrawing from the Brotherhood of the Lost project and I'm happy to explain them to anyone who wishes to know but I shan't write them out in their full length here, as that is not the purpose of this post. 

I would like to make it clear that my allowing of their use by both projects is not a blank cheque and I do still wish to retain the right to withdraw them from either project should I feel it warranted.