=][= Nurgle's plague hobby challenge =][=

duz_

Brothers! Nurgle has blighted us a with a great plague and many of our brethren are suffering. In this troublesome time the Raven Guard shall assist with what resources we can muster.

All those companies that can spare or train additional Apothecaries the call goes out to you.

A small and fitting hobby challenge for the Ravenspire in this sickly time.

You can participate in one of two ways

1. Paint up an Apothecary (including a Helix Adept), or
  2. Write some lore depicting the great deeds the Raven Guard have done to stem this foul Nurgle infestation

General rules apply

• Pre-painted / assembled pictures must be included with the vow (primer is ok)
  • The event shall run until the 28th of June by the B&C clock (plenty of time for those dealing with the lesser Horrors)

We may even have a quick poll at the end of it for best entry :tu:

Good luck all and enjoy!

Now I have to find where my kit bashed Apothecary is... or maybe I could paint the Helix Adept? :blink.:

I'm fairly disappointed there are no instructions (or parts) for a Helix Adept in my Infiltrator/Incursor bits? So ... checking with my flgs to see if they have a Primaris Apothecary in stock. Either way I'm committed to doing a Phobos Apothecary as soon as I can get one. I'm not big on the model competitively, but think it will make a fun conversion. 

I, War009 of the Raptors 10th company, vow to completely paint 2 Apothecaries assigned to the 10th company by June 28, 2020, for the honor of Ravenspire

gallery_26778_13981_33105.jpg

That sucks dracos.... you may be able to find apothecary bits on eBay from the grey knights or dark angel terminators or the single helix adept model from shadowspear

That's interesting that the adept is only in the Starter/Shadowspear box. Makes sense why I couldn't find a picture of the model on the unit page on GWs site to get the right bits.

I'm in and will pledge soon. I've got an adept ready to prime and word is that I'll be bringing a MKIV Apothecary into my ranks as well pending arrival from the warp. I'll probably do both of them for this. The adept will be in my normal light gray/blue scheme but the apothecary will have whatever scheme I determine my apothecaries will have. Currently leaning towards a dark red with light gray shoulder pads and knees, similar to how I painted my librarians.

I'll might give lore a shot as well, if nothing else to get the creative juices flowing.

I'm fairly disappointed there are no instructions (or parts) for a Helix Adept in my Infiltrator/Incursor bits? So ... checking with my flgs to see if they have a Primaris Apothecary in stock. Either way I'm committed to doing a Phobos Apothecary as soon as I can get one. I'm not big on the model competitively, but think it will make a fun conversion. 

If you're handy with bits you can make a Helix Adept with the spare Apothecary Helmet from the Primaris Apothocary, and then there are stuff you dont have to attach to the backpack, an intercessor comms arm, and whatever army you need. BTW the Apothecary kit also comes with a different weapon as well. If you have a Cadian Medkit backpack, that can also supplement the Helix look as a side pouch.

No Primaris one? Yes I believe so

Yeah, I was hoping to see some. But I had the Helix and a frater was kind enough to gift me the Apothecary so I'll stick with those. The weapon profile of the Primaris Apothecary is much nicer but I don't see myself running one of these too much as it is.

I, Dracos of the Ordos Astartes, friend of the Warhawks <Raven Guard>, vow to paint a Phobos Apothecary by 28 June 2020 for the honor of Corax as we battle the Unclean followers of Nurgle.

med_gallery_7985_14167_16070.jpg

Just got the box in the mail today. I'll dig my Reiver and Infiltrator bits out and see what I can cobble together to run with my Frankenstein Phobos models.

PS: Hating ;) on jpwyrm conversion. Looks sweet love the bits :)

Edited by Dracos

I, Dracos of the Ordos Astartes, friend of the Warhawks <Raven Guard>, vow to paint a Phobos Apothecary by 28 June 2020 for the honor of Corax as we battle the Unclean followers of Nurgle.

PS: Hating :wink: on jpwyrm conversion. Looks sweet love the bits :smile.:

Cool, can't wait to see what you come up with :thumbsup:

I Dwango of the Shadow Haunters vow to complete a Helix Adept by the 28th June. For the glory of the imperium and the God Emperor.

First time poster in the Raven Guard forum. My plan was to start a small successor force next year but this event was too good to pass up! Plus it allows me to practice a new colour scheme, base scheme and (hopefully) some weathering techniques.

med_gallery_141590_15861_503258.jpg