Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

You 3D print those?

Yessir - I sculpt and 3D print all my stuff.  I have an Anycubic Photon.  Ready for a better one but dont have the money yet.

I wish i knew someone with a decent 3d printer. Id love loads of warding staves made up lol

Like these?

angle hand Nem wpns

Edited by Cryminysakes

They are up for sale on Cults - but Im not sure the protocol for advertising here - I dont wanna break any rules

Generally, an advertisement needs to be run past an administrator/moderator to do so (if my interpretations of the rules are correct). According to said rules it's acceptable to advertise something with the previously mentioned caveat, as long as it's related to 40k. But that being said, it would be in your best interest to get in contact with the staff, just to be double sure. 

Edited by Skywrath

They are up for sale on Cults - but Im not sure the protocol for advertising here - I dont wanna break any rules

=][=

Very fine work there Brother Cryminysakes. You are welcome to set up a thread showcasing your creations and you can post a link to your sales site. However keep in mind restrictions on direct sales and trades on the B&C forum as stated in the rules under RESTRICTIONS. It reads as follows:

No trading or selling posts

Trading and selling aren't bad in and of themselves, but we don't want the drama that comes when trades or sales go bad.

=][=

=][=

Very fine work there Brother Cryminysakes. You are welcome to set up a thread showcasing your creations and you can post a link to your sales site. However keep in mind restrictions on direct sales and trades on the B&C forum as stated in the rules under RESTRICTIONS. It reads as follows:

No trading or selling posts

Trading and selling aren't bad in and of themselves, but we don't want the drama that comes when trades or sales go bad.

=][=

Thanks for the info! new Thread - good, posting in other threads for sales - bad.  Got it!

• 2 weeks later...

++ Merry Christmas, Grey Knights! I hope everyone is in good spirits, and are still purging demons in their spare time :wink: ++

Check this thread on New Years eve for a subsequent recap of the year we had on this sub-forum as we finally brought this sub-forum from the dead. Keep the faith, Deamon Hunters!

Edited by Skywrath

Hi guys! Im back on Titan after few months delay

I'de decided to dig trough some less completed models and close question with army force weapons. For about 5 years they were just at "all blue, slight white highlights" level of painting. But earlier this year Ive purchased airbrush, plus Ive reassembled part of models (see my previous posts about DW legs)

So, it is great time to push on niiice level of force weapons - Ive purchased masking tape, choose appropriate paints. Masked as much models as I was able to dig into 1 bunch (about 20). And airbrushed it into sort of NMM approach for power weapon

Here are results of about 4 hours of work. Im really pleased with overal look. It is very daunting process, but waaaay faster than making same result eith paintbrush and layering/wetblending (tried that few years ago, it took about 40 mins/per model)

Force Weapon WIP

Edited by Telepatrick

So as I am slowly am getting the furniture delivered to the new house (Glass cabinets are here but desk should be here by the weekend....damn you Ikea) I should have my modeling station up and running next week :dry.: .....but lets say 2 weeks since I'll have to build the furniture and bring the models over from being stored at the parents house.

I did purchase the following Blood and Skulls Industries aka Machinator248 on ebay:

For my Mk IIb Landraider (Purifer transpirt Landraider)

gallery_26778_16349_67650.jpg

And for the WAR009 Pattern Stormraven Conversion

gallery_26778_16349_73051.jpg

A bit delayed, apologies, but here goes...

How far we have come. The year of 2020, while being spectacularly :censored:: has had a positive effect of the forum activity of the Grey Knights. Over the course of the year, we have went from being a silent, almost dead forum, to a forum that's now revived itself from the brink of death. We have had new fraters joining us, we coaxed some older members out of the tides of shadows, into the light of the Emperor. The forum activity has improved a lot, where opinions, ideas and gameplay footage flows freely and participation instead of being monthly, is now daily. The sub-forum maintains the atmosphere where we welcome players of a rare and beautiful faction, and just like the Brotherhood of Space Marines, everyone here is treated as a brother. For the year of 2021, we will continue this trend, and we will turn this place into a place where new Grey Knights feel welcome and feel free to hone their psychic abilities under the tutelage of more veteran frater. In more simple terms: 

=][= Happy New Year, Grey Knights. We are the Hammer! =][=

Edited by Skywrath

• 1 month later...

My first attempt of doing a proper power weapon affect.

These won't be used for anything, just spare to try and practice. I only used the orange/red because that was currently the only colour I have good enough gradients of without mixing too much.

I feel it went well! Definitely should have lengthened the transition more and gone to pure white and black (or close too) at each end.

But those edge highlights. That wonky attempt of a line in the middle just ruins it entirely for me. It looks fine from a distance I guess lol.

Anyone have any tips of how to keep it straight?

gallery_80056_16040_1205387.jpg

gallery_80056_16040_1340251.jpg

Edited by Captain Coolpants

@Coolpants, for the lines to be kept straight, paint the lines on a 45 degree angle, and on the ridge, angle the brush completely horizontal to the line, and gently run it across the groove. Should work out! 

Just found this, and I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth buying, as well as a redemptor dreadnought. If there is a viable way to convert a Redemptor to a Venerable Dreadnought, I'd probably take it!

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/922052081/armor-type-dw-32mm-by-liber-daemonica?ref=search_recently_viewed-1

@Coolpants, for the lines to be kept straight, paint the lines on a 45 degree angle, and on the ridge, angle the brush completely horizontal to the line, and gently run it across the groove. Should work out! 

Just found this, and I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth buying, as well as a redemptor dreadnought. If there is a viable way to convert a Redemptor to a Venerable Dreadnought, I'd probably take it!

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/922052081/armor-type-dw-32mm-by-liber-daemonica?ref=search_recently_viewed-1

I wouldn't buy it just because Redemptor Dreads are way to high priced right now as GW is out of stock. Well at least in the US they are. 

I wouldn't buy it just because Redemptor Dreads are way to high priced right now as GW is out of stock. Well at least in the US they are. 

Yeah, plus there is no real way to justify proxying a redemptor in our lists. Shame, that kit looked absolutely bad-ass.

Edited by Skywrath