Appreciation for the Abnett-verse - finding the links

• 1 month later...
Found another link in Eisenhorn Malleus: there’s a scene where Eisenhorn describes his travel to Cadia, he ended up travelling on an Adeptus Mechanicus ship and had drinks with a centuries old Princeps named Hekate, I wonder if that’s the same Princeps as the Hekate of Imperius Dictatio from the Titan comics…

BETRAYER - Has anyone mentioned how Lorgar appears to use encuncia to knock-down Angron after he accuses Lorgar or using magic? At least, I assume it was an un-word as it was made pretty clear that Lorgar uttered one word only?

If you haven’t read Pariah and Penitent then let me just say...do read them!

If you have then you’ll know why I say that!

Edited by DukeLeto69

BETRAYER - Has anyone mentioned how Lorgar appears to use encuncia to knock-down Angron after he accuses Lorgar or using magic?  At least, I assume it was an un-word as it was made pretty clear that Lorgar uttered one word only?

If you want another link with ADB's HH books, in The First Heretic we find out that the Scarus Sector was named after the Word Bearers' captain SCarus of the 52nd company. Captain Scarus and his company got lost in the Warp during a Pilgrimage.

• 2 weeks later...

Has the mention of the Cognitae and Enuncia in Mortis already been mentioned in this thread?

What was said about the Cognitae, brother?

This is what the Lexicanum article about the Cognitae has to say:

"A vision by Ollanius Persson puts the Cognitate as far older than even this, showing a predecessor of the Cult active in Terra's ancient past before recorded history. Here, the Cognitae attempted to erect a Chaos-channeling tower etched in Enuncia but were foiled by the Emperor and his armies led by Ollanius."

-Mortis, chapter 16

Has the mention of the Cognitae and Enuncia in Mortis already been mentioned in this thread?

What was said about the Cognitae, brother?
This is what the Lexicanum article about the Cognitae has to say:

"A vision by Ollanius Persson puts the Cognitate as far older than even this, showing a predecessor of the Cult active in Terra's ancient past before recorded history. Here, the Cognitae attempted to erect a Chaos-channeling tower etched in Enuncia but were foiled by the Emperor and his armies led by Ollanius."

-Mortis, chapter 16

Tower of Babel I believe?

• 3 weeks later...

Think Imma dedicate 2022 to the Gaunt series and the Abnettverse and stay away feom Marines for a while.

Most of the announced releases which got me hyped were about regular mortals and Xenos.

Thus, I got myself Sabbat War. Before I give it a read, does it contain spoilers if one hasn't read the entire Gaunt series thus far? Think the last one I read was Only in Death and that has been at least 10-15 years or so.

I think Sabbat War has a few stories that are directly tied to events immediately following Salvation's Reach. You may want to reread that one to refresh your memory if it's been a decade, but otherwise the other stories should be stand-alone.

It's also been some years since I read Sabbat War, so apologies, can't think of anything else specific.

Think Imma dedicate 2022 to the Gaunt series and the Abnettverse and stay away feom Marines for a while.

Most of the announced releases which got me hyped were about regular mortals and Xenos.

Thus, I got myself Sabbat War. Before I give it a read, does it contain spoilers if one hasn't read the entire Gaunt series thus far? Think the last one I read was Only in Death and that has been at least 10-15 years or so.

I would catch up first. The first and last short stories in the anthology are entirely reliant upon having read Blood Pact, Salvation’s Reach, The Warmaster and Anarch.

If I can please piggy-back on this post, I am going to make a start on GG and the Sabbat War setting in 2022.  But I have no idea where to start.  Is it true that the GG series ties in with novels such as Double Eagle, and perhaps others like the recent Nick Kyme LE?  Is there an order I should be tackling these books in so the stories make more sense?

I'd suggest to start with the Founding omnibus. Or the respective single novels.

Found this reading order (from 2017) if that helps:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342794-sabbat-world-crusade-chronological-reading-order/

And yes, thus far, there are about eight novels/stories which tie into the Shabbat Worlds Crusade. Mostly written by Dan himself like the ones you've mentioned. I'd count Iron Snakes, as well, though that's more of a standalone entirely.

Edited by Kelborn

Speaking of Spica Maximal, they were one of the worlds from which the glass shards known as Flects were harvested. Flects have also been mentioned in The Skull Harvest by Graham McNeill, there they are traded by street hawkers on New Badab (in the Maelstrom).

I've got a feeling the old Fantasy Flight Games RPG material should have a lot of nice links in it as well since part of it also deals with the Scarus Sector.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm currently listening to Titanicus, interesting to see that Princeps Pietor Gearhart of the Warlord Titan Invictus Antagonistes used to be the Famulous of Princeps Ervin Hekate of the Imperius Dictatio whose exploits we can read about in the Titan graphic novel.

I'm currently listening to Titanicus, interesting to see that Princeps Pietor Gearhart of the Warlord Titan Invictus Antagonistes used to be the Famulous of Princeps Ervin Hekate of the Imperius Dictatio whose exploits we can read about in the Titan graphic novel.

Ive downloaded this same audiobook.  Do you recommend that I read anything in particular before I dive in, or is it a stand alone book?