The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

I'm making progress. I have to get some decent photos taken and go through the process of posting them on my PC. I've gotten all of it painted except the extra 10x warriors I vowed, they're painted on the sprues, just need to be assembled, touched up, and based. I'll post pictures later in the week, when I can snap some decent ones.

GLORIOUS VOWS!! ...but more importantly...GLORIOUS VOW COMPLETIONS!!!!

dice4thedicegod wow those are absolutely gruesome. Excellent job completing your first vow and for what it's worth I think you should absolutely splash some gore across those bases. Will we see more of your army awaken in Vow #2?:

Can we do retroactive vows? I finished building 3 overlords/conversions (imotekh, Anrakyr and a codex overlord... all from indomitus overlord parts) on August 9th, and then started painting!

Oh this is really cool! It's always good to have some extra motivation to finish a project.

This will be my first xenos army ever, so I gotta do it right. I've loved these unliving legions from afar for years, and the Indomitus box set offered a really good opportunity. Plus, I mean, c'mon, I need some flair!

...INTO ATOMS. RESISTANCE WILL BE MET WITH DEATH AND SERVITUDE, THE SAME FATE THAT WILL MEET THOSE WHO COMPLY. YOUR EXISTENCE IS NOTHING. THIS WORLD IS OURS. THIS GALAXY EXISTS ONLY TO SERVE US, AND YOUR INSIGNIFICANCE SHALL BE AS A REVALATION. 
MESSAGE REPEATS.
TO ALL THE VERMIN CURRENTLY INFESTING THIS WORLD, HEAR THIS:
THE SPAN OF YOUR DOMINANCE IS NOW OVER. YOU INHABIT A COREWORLD OF YOUR BETTERS, AND WE HAVE COME TO RECLAIM WHAT IS OURS. THE POINTLESS CYCLE OF YOUR LIVES AS YOU HAVE KNOWN THEM WILL CEASE, AND THE MEMORY OF YOUR CIVILIZATION WILL ONLY EXIST AS ECHOES. THOSE WHO ATTEMPT...
"It continues on like that, Vox-Princept. The message has been repeating now for four days."
"Why wasn't this brought to my attention sooner, Adept?" 
"At first we thought it was just spillover from the Rift. We get stray signals from it daily now."
"So this isn't coming from off planet?"
"No, Vox-Princept, that's why it took us so long to triangulate it. The servitors are not programmed to search for signals closer than the troposphere. We were first alerted from the outer system platforms."
"That far? What underhive cult could possess a vox-system capable of broadcasting a signal that strong?
"That's what I'm trying to tell you, lord. It's not coming from the underhives, It's not even in Gothic! It's coming from somewhere deeper..."

I, Finalcookie, pledge to paint the Necron half of Indomitus, which is 980 points, unless my math is off.

qDsy6Cz.jpg

FinalCookie it's 995 - I'm guessing you missed the Plasmacyte from the skorpekhs?

On the other hand, your fluff is great, really enjoyed reading :)

I will complete my skorpekh lord in the morning, alas the heat yesterday slowed progress as I was personally melting...

Wife's taking the kids out as it's Champions League semi final 2. As such, I've the vast majority of the day to crack on. Hoping to get far into the last 7 from indom...

FinalCookie it's 995 - I'm guessing you missed the Plasmacyte from the skorpekhs?

On the other hand, your fluff is great, really enjoyed reading :smile.:

I will complete my skorpekh lord in the morning, alas the heat yesterday slowed progress as I was personally melting...

Wife's taking the kids out as it's Champions League semi final 2. As such, I've the vast majority of the day to crack on. Hoping to get far into the last 7 from indom...

I don't follow sports...Is that league for the kids playing or you...watching :tongue.: ...

Get those models done :thumbsup:

Mithril

GLORIOUS VOWS!! ...but more importantly...GLORIOUS VOW COMPLETIONS!!!! 

Focslain welcome, and a follower of the Void Dragon! How stoked were you when that model was revealed?

I will have to figure out a way of posting here and painting at the same time. Perhaps talk-to-text next time? Gotta optimize all the minutes these days :laugh.:

Kind of disappointed, was hoping for something more draconic. Figured it for a new tracendant ctan at first glance.

This force (once fully completed) is only going to be a 2K vehicle heavy list. Just need the infantry for the ghost arks.

Impressive work, 01RTB01. Did General Grievous inspire Sheelal?

Thank you kindly sir, rumbled! He did indeed :D

My nemesor back in 4th/5th was Sheelal using Zandrekh's rules. I'll post pics when I dig them out.

Thought it'd be nice to resurrect him as a skorpekh lord, descent into madness and brutality in combat should be fun.

The whole inspiration for getting back to crons was hordes of mindless drones, with charismatic leaders. Probably sounds familiar?! :)

General Strike so close! I've often wondered when I see people paint parts on sprue: how is touching things up after? Just the thought of doing it myself sort of gives me the heebie-jeebies.

dice4thedicegod I've added them to your first Vow since I forgot to add in the points on your completion anyway know they have been worked on in tandem with the event. :tu:

FinalCookie whatever to math anyway :teehee: Your prelude to your Dynasty's awakening is great, I hope we get to see more as your Vows get completed and made anew! :yes: I'm loving how the humans discovered the source of the transmission.

Focslain I thought the same until the wings and tail became more apparent, here's hoping that proper closeups or box options offer something more tantalizing :tu: A vehicle-heavy Necron list could be brutal, I know my friends lament quantum shielding enough if I showed up with a list of it their heads may spin :lol:

01RTB01 that Destroyer Lord looks great and what a moniker! I dig the background too, I wonder if the Crusade rules in the upcoming Codex will support something akin to that happening. Either way very cool.

Nemesor Tyriks not all Vows need be large quantities, but given your speed with the Indomitus force I sort of expect those to be finished by the time I'm done typing this post. :biggrin.:

Update from me-

I got my Indomitus Necrons primed and hope I can make some decent progress this weekend.

Necron-assembled.jpg

I also got another unit of warriors and scarabs from someone.

Plus 3 Intercessors as gift from a friend, which I will convert to the greater glory of Chaos.

People just keep giving me stuff...

Not that I am complaining, mind... :p

I will add these warriors as a future pledge, hoping I can get going with Indomitus at a reasonable rate.

But the paint scheme I am planning is quite simple so I hope I can get it finished quickly.

Verst-rkung.jpg

Better pics tomorrow with better light but done!

Bases will be done once the mordant earth arrives.

Vow complete :D (1310 points so far

...)

Will aim to build the 10 Praetorians, 5 Deathmarks and Spyder next. That plus the stalker will probably be my next vow and aim to do that before the codex arrives...

20200821-204837.jpg

Edited by 01RTB01

I did a trip to the local Games Workshop today since I was running low on vital paint supplies. Especially for painting necrons because all my old metal paints had dried up or lumped up (some of these pots were 12 years old, though).

For some reason this guy also jumped into my shopping bag.

:p

I swear I will not buy any more figures before I have not made any more progress.

I will keep him for my future pledge.

I just really like this guy., I think he is a great model.

Jumped-into-bag.jpg

Now you have to excuse me, I need to get more work done on Indomitus.

https://imgur.com/gallery/NIkvYC0

So, here is a quick post update, I have to adjust my photos to make them smaller before I host them here. I have completed everything except cleaning up the base edges and the other 10x warriors I vowed. They are painted on the sprue, I decided I wanted to try that out and it really helped with the details. I have to remove them from the sprue, clean them up, build them, wash them, and base them, then my vow will be complete. 

Dread it really is something, eh? I'm in a similar boat with regards to time available, so far it's taken me sitting at the computer on/off for the last 12ish hours to type this post out :lol: :sweat: Gotta live vicariously through other's hobby every now and then, that's all part of what makes the B&C so great! :tu:

01RTB01 another Vow bites the dust plus you've secured your Lord badge, though I'm sure you'll not truly rest until the title of Phaeron is yours! Somehow I feel like I'll be a lot more interested in Crusade once we see the book (*glances at calendar) and I'm pretty darn interested as it is.

Valkia the Bloody care to share some of your luck my way? :lol: That Cryptek is great, way bigger that I thought and I thoroughly enjoyed painting mine. Glad to see your Dynasty is growing in size! Plenty of time left in the Awakening for more models to be painted.

Stupidity excellent job completing your first Vow! It took me embarrassingly longer than that to paint my Doomsday Ark :blush.: With that Vow out of the way you're halfway to the first badge level of Lord, got anything else to put under the brush for a second Vow?

Now for the weekly update! [insert fanfare here]

This past week saw 3 new Dynasties pledge their might, bringing us to 22 Phaerons readying armies for battle. 27 Vows have been made so far and with 10 of them complete that leaves us with a 37.04% completion rate. That's up almost 7%! Excellent work.

Out new total amount painted has risen to 3,741 points from 1,745, and our total amount pledged has risen from 14,828 from 10,130. Our new completion rate here is 25.23% which shows an 8% increase from last week. 

I had a look through the threads of yesteryear and found that during the last ETL a mere 8 frater managed a 100% completion rate on 16 Vows for a total of 9,619 points. Now I know we have a pretty special release going on right now (and no people tempted to paint for other factions) but holy smokes you all have really risen to the task here. What do you think, I'm pretty sure we'll (unofficially) break the points record there but what about the completion rate? Ooof that means me too. Better get back painting (/looking at my setup from across the room :teehee: ).

Tyriks they look great dude :) good job!

Stupidity I'm intrigued to see how that ends up looking :)

I'm very excited for crusade and having the army specific stuff just ramps that up :D the Crusade book also looks fab.

I'm aiming for Phaeron but that really depends on when the models drop in October... I "need" the Doomstalker, lokhusts and monoliths to drop ideally! If they arrive in time I should hit the 2k which I'll be very pleased with.

Got 5 Deathmarks and 5 Praetorians primed. 5 more Praetorians and a Spyder to build and I'm ready for the next vow I think

Alas... tonight I was putting together a Spyder, easy kit, did 3 of these years ago...

Glued the back legs on 'wrong' so I can't fit the abdomen on without breaking the back legs. Also realised I didn't glue the thorax together properly as there should have been a gap for attaching the abdomen.

Feel utterly stupid :(

So over the weekend i managed to start on the small necron force I'm doing for this.

Got a warrior to base level for colour design. I'm going for an obsidian with a fiery core. Base will be tundra and I'm going to try and add foot prints in the final base. I just need to get my hands on Agrellan Earth which I will do later this week (hopefully).

20200823 003324

At least since this army is going to be a vehicle heavy build I'll only have to paint up 30 bases max. Rest of the army is on flight bases.