Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Warrior standards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels

anyone got any iron warrior standards they can share. planning my own likely to be make with cutting out a print and done onto plasticard but looking inspiration as i prepare to overhaul my 4th ed standards

They stand against the coming storm, they are not buffeted by war, the thunder of guns does not shake them, nor do the rains drench their spirits,
for they are the true storm and they shall not be denied! For the Emperor and Sanguinius they will fight!

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,146 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I don't think I've ever seen an Iron Warriors banner, sorry.

I think more of a metal icon on a pole would be fitting over a flag of any sort.

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts

I don't think I've ever seen an Iron Warriors banner, sorry.

I think more of a metal icon on a pole would be fitting over a flag of any sort.

looking for any of either as there wasnt much of anything and going by how well the legion is supported by gw... 

im personally hoping to do something equivalent to the Plague Marine Icon Bearer

Edited by Brother nathan, 16 September 2021 - 09:36 PM.

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

They stand against the coming storm, they are not buffeted by war, the thunder of guns does not shake them, nor do the rains drench their spirits,
for they are the true storm and they shall not be denied! For the Emperor and Sanguinius they will fight!

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,724 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Sure,  thats my CSM Warsmith. Used the chaos warrior banner from AoS, I think the marauder horsemen have a cloth banner also. The old marauders banner is great for hanging off a dreadnaught, especially a boxnaught side/ gun arm. 

http://www.bolterand...ject/?p=5285207

Edited by MegaVolt87, 16 September 2021 - 09:48 PM.

• Brother nathan, TrawlingCleaner and Dr_Ruminahui like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,111 posts

For the actual banner, I used a banner from the Minotaur AoS kit, a piece of chain and an Iron Halo which I think was from a Primaris character? The base model is Maloghurst from FW

51303167510_a671eb8428_b.jpg

• Goreshed, Marshal Loss, Brother nathan and 4 others like this

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
Awesome examples. Will add mine when I get around to doing. Keep em comming!

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,042 posts

The old John Blanche traitor legions sketch/conversion ideas has an IW standard:

694061-Alpha%20Legion%2C%20Black%20Legio

As for chaos marines, pretty much anything will do. Some greand companies will have large banners, other vexilla style icons. Chaos thing on a stick is always a good shout. 

• Brother nathan likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_48988_17207_10696.pnggallery_48988_17425_25905.png

Xenos XX\

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts

that's a very interesting banner to me, would not have thought of gauntlets on banner but then i shouldn't be surprised with the randomness that blood angels ran with on shields so really the iron warriors should e doing more with their armored forms on banners as its all iron. suppose its doing it without looking too iron hands. also true that may need to do a few loyalist marine parts to show victory's and lures, i.e. imperial fist armor from the iron cage.... 

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

For the banners themselves I would look at what AOS has for the base of it. From there it's only a matter of building it up. Usually with some sort of rendition of IV/Olympia/Iron skull, that sort of thing.

• Brother nathan likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users