=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Ahhhh....
sorry, I quoted the wrong post.
Does not let me delete it. I wanted to answer Tawnis....

Tawnis:

You can upload your pictures to a free photo-sharing site like Postimages.

When uploaded, you will get a link for each photo and the link you can post here.

This is how I do my picture sharing on forums.

EDIT: There is an issue with the Quote function. Does not let me quote the post I want and selects a random one. That is weird, never seen that problem before.

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

Ahhhh....
sorry, I quoted the wrong post.
Does not let me delete it. I wanted to answer Tawnis....

Tawnis:

You can upload your pictures to a free photo-sharing site like Postimages.

When uploaded, you will get a link for each photo and the link you can post here.

This is how I do my picture sharing on forums.

EDIT: There is an issue with the Quote function. Does not let me quote the post I want and selects a random one. That is weird, never seen that problem before.

Haven't had that problem, and I couldn't replicate it. Right down the bottom of the front page is a Bug Reports section which the Admins take care of.

And Vow #2 completed

gallery_26778_16349_1811149.jpg

I, WAR009, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 4 Heavy Bolter Servitors [vow #3] by month's end.

gallery_26778_16349_649932.jpg

For my Plodding Along Vow: I, WAR009, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the plodding along pledge to #1 complete Ordo Malleus Terminator Inquistor, Priest, 5 alcolytes and servo skull by end June 2022.

gallery_26778_16349_318366.jpg

Edited by war009

Damn dude, you are killing it. That Librarian is smooth as.

Thanks I’m shocked I’m getting stuff down quickly. I think after the all the power armor Grey knights I have done past few years I think I have my techniques down. I still have 30 more GK terminators to paint (New Year’s resolution) all but 1 are primed so I’ll be vowing more Grey Knights for the year.

Plus I have other units I’m painting for the Sally Forth Astra Militarium 2 month build and paint challenge I’m working on along with my Inquisitorial forces.

So I did a lot of thinking and trying out different things for the Challenge +.

I started out with the vision of some stealthy assassins, striking out of nowhere, disappearing unseen, that are also part of my Night Lords gang of pirates.

Hunting in stealth mode and striking unseen is just a VERY Night Lords thing to do.

And as pirates, they would have no moral issues with stealing gear, even Xenos gear, that will give them an edge and that will enable them to hunt even more efficiently.

One of the other armies I have sitting here (with 2000 points painted) is Necrons, so my choice very early fell on a mix of Chaos and Necrons.

I had this idea before of a Chaos Hexmark Destroyer, just because it is a really cool idea and concept.

So I decided to do one of them.

And since that left me with some more leftover bits.... I just thought, why stop here, just use up all the other bits and assemble another deadly assassin.

How about.... a Chaos Deathmark? :tongue.:

(I do suffer from ADHD, so this just did flow into one feverish fit of creativity).

I now do not know which one I like better and which one I should actually take into the challenge...

But I hereby vow that I will NOT do further work on them (like painting or giving them a name) before I have not made progress on my actual Night Lords army for this month.

:tongue.:

(we will see how that goes).

So here they are, my Chaos/ Necron assassins:

challenge1.jpg

I will put some further pictures and side views into my Night Lords army thread if anyone is interested.

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

Okay so I actually finished these guys a week ago but the weather has been horrid so no pics. Gave up today and took the best one I could:

gallery_36568_17249_80938.jpg

My Eldar are, for the most part, an experiment with Contrast Paints. I just noticed I never repainted the one gun but I am still not sure what version I prefer. The keen eyes will notice a couple of the old Wood Elf from Warhammer Fantasy in there. My custom craftworld is kinda space wood elves, with a focus on jetbikes, rangers and ghost warriors of varying forms. In fact it was the new box set coming that called me back. As most of these models are close to fifteen years old or more and have been repainted twice already I don't think they came out too bad.

Next up, I vow for the month of January, to attempt to complete 2x Chaos Spawn:

gallery_36568_17249_89904.jpg

Excuse the slight out of focus. I have put them in spoiler tags as the out of focus nature was making my eyes hurt so I imagine it is going the same for others. Aiming for a Speed Daemon with these ones. As I work tomorrow lets see what I can manage. At least I probably wont base these guys as there exact basing scheme is TBA.

Gosh, you guys are smashing it!

Fantastic clean works, Rogue!
I love your Titans, TPS! So vivid!
That Spartan! It looks as if it's grinding corpses by the hundreds! Great work, Boc!

I'm personally still stuck with the Sicaran and keep getting distracted with various things I can add to it. It's really fun though!
Just recently I thought "why not try TMM and metal-glow effect?"
Why not indeed? I can always make it a Plodding-along vow :D
med_gallery_105306_14251_303413.jpg

I have no idea why I can't get decent pics out of my photo booth atm, 

I was having similar issues - mine was being unable to find a setting on the camera that could handle the washout from the bright light and white background, after fiddling for months a simple 'change the background colour' sorted it.

I have no idea why I can't get decent pics out of my photo booth atm, 

I was having similar issues - mine was being unable to find a setting on the camera that could handle the washout from the bright light and white background, after fiddling for months a simple 'change the background colour' sorted it.

It did come with a black background, I'll give that a go :tu:

I have no idea why I can't get decent pics out of my photo booth atm, but here's the Indomitus Skorpeth Lord,

I'm no expert, but it looks like the background is very bright (overexposed) leading to making it hard to get the right white balance and exposure (affecting colour). It's the same problem as trying to take a picture of someone in front of a window, the camera struggles with the very different light levels.

If you can dim the lights that would probably help, i.e. cover part of an LED bar with paper, or turn one off. Given it's a booth, I assume you can't move the lights further away.

If your camera can take HDR photos (many smartphones can these days), then that will also help, as it takes multiple pictures at different exposures and smushes them together. Use a tripod or rest the camera against a solid object so you don't get any shake. When using a phone cam, it's usually better to be further back so it's all in focus, then just crop the image before sharing.

A black background is another option that would help, as it'd absorb the light instead of reflect it.

FWIW, GW mini photos don't get that super white background from the actual photography; it's usually quite grey. It's replaced in post processing.

I, Shard of Magnus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1 Sons of Horus tactical marine by month's end. The goal is to sort out my color scheme while trying out a new painting technique (drybrush stippilng/smudging).

Starting picture for January:

gallery_70556_17302_39578.jpg

I also vow to complete the following over the first half of year as a Plodding Along vow: Horus the Warmaster, Maloghurst, 1 Praetor, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 9 Outriders, 6 Jetbikes, and 2 Sicarans.