=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

*SNIP*

I actually finished them but bases in the 24hrs, but then saw that one of the conditions this year is based so... 

Basing has been with us the whole time, as in I'd like to see it, but I've never made a big deal out of it, and never excluded a Completion over it. Once or twice, basing (or lack there of), has effected whether or not a model was awarded an Artificer Badge. That isn't to say an un-based model will always be excluded from an Artificer Badge, but it can and has been a factor.

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, ThePenitentOne am embarking once more upon the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge.

I pledge to do better this year than last, which started strong and then died.

My pledge for January, though the hour be late, is this mighty Purestrain Genestealer, who will finally complete a fire team!

First Purestrain 2022

I'm going to vow these now, just in case I forget, because I need them to be done before a tournament later in Feb.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint three Canoptek Wraiths and five Immortals for the month of February.

8vwQPF2.jpeg

6xIobaC.jpeg

I, Doobles88 , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Death Guard Mortis Contemptor by month's (day's) end.

Bit late on this one but should finish this chap off today.

Contemptor wip

Edited by Doobles88

I, Doobles88 , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Death Guard Mortis Contemptor by month's (day's) end.

Bit late on this one but should finish this chap off today.

Welcome aboard :tu:

January Summary

Welcome Veterans and newcomers alike to the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge for 2022, and boy-o have we had a strong start, with 42 Frater embarking on the Challenge, some for a second, third, or even fourth time. Together we pledged to complete 268 models, with 35 participants managing to complete all, or at least part of their vows and for a total of 196 models completed, leaving 7 participants earning the Next Month badge for January.

Just a quick note of something I forget to stress every year, particularly helpful to newcomers in regards to Completions,

A Completion is one single model per month, regardless of what you have vowed to complete. If you pledge a squad of Guardsmen, posting a picture of a single one of them completed will secure the Completion for the month, which will also open up the Stubborn Badge for future months.

So if you're running out of time, focus on a single model, and secure that Completion.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges earned in the first post of each Month as Completions are made. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_6220.pnggallery_48988_15094_2677.pnggallery_48988_15094_5165.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Ace Debonair (Artificer)

Anticontrarian (Artificer, Last Minute)

Boc (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously)

Brother Argent (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris (Artificer, Seriously)

Custom Hero

Danny Cyanide (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Doubles88 (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Etheneus (Artificer, Seriously)

Focslain (Seriously)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Speed Daemon, Seriously, Stubborn)

guardian31 (Artificer)

Halandaar - (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Heraclite (Artificer, Seriously)

Jackalwolf (Artificer, Seriously)

Jaipii (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Speed Daemon)(Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant (Artificer, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer, Seriously)

Miek (Artificer)

Rogue (Artificer, Seriously)

Skywrath (Artificer)

Slave to Darkness (Seriously)

Slyen (Artificer, Last Minute)

toaae (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

the_balloon_dog (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne (Artificer, Last Minute)

TPS (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair (Artificer, Seriously)

Valkia the Bloody (Artificer, Speed Daemon BFG Desolator 21hrs, 58mins, Seriously)

war009 (Artificer, Seriously)

Youngwolf7 (Artificer, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_6323.png

andes

Aeternus

Arkhanist

Arkothosius

Magat the Cursed

Shard of Magnus

Tawnis

gallery_48988_15094_1684.png

As previously alluded too earlier in the month, there have been some OUTSTANDING completions this month, and 6 in particular that I spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time over a few afternoons tying to choose a Favourite. So, thanks to Dwango, Doobles88, Jackalwolf, Jaipii, Majkhel, and the_balloon_dog for giving me such a hard decision to make. Just take a look for yourselves.....

Hidden Content

med_gallery_141590_16070_982465.jpg

osuVGPgl.jpg

0UvoWHu.jpg

gallery_197938_16113_168533.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_650197.jpg

PXL-20220131-231738678-PORTRAIT.jpg

Even as I sit here, typing this, I thought I'd made my choice, but I'm still umming and awwing.....

Genuinely one of, if not the hardest choice I've had to make for Favourite, but please join me in congratulating Majkhel for earning January's Favourite Badge with this outstanding Sicaran.

gallery_105306_14251_650197.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_1060246.jpggallery_105306_14251_1280238.jpggallery_105306_14251_1587379.jpg
gallery_105306_14251_444515.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

February

gallery_48988_15094_7420.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_1196.png gallery_48988_15094_792.png gallery_48988_15094_4290.png gallery_48988_15094_7590.png gallery_48988_15094_6770.png sml_gallery_48988_16821_4352.png gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1911.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_7152.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Ace Debonair - 1 Poxwalker (Last Minute, Speed Daemon)

andes -

Aeternus -

Anticontrarian - 1 Grey Knight (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Arkhanist -

Arkothosius -

Boc - 3 Cataphractii, 1 Standard Bearer, 1 Contemptor Dreadnaught (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent - 10 Plague Marines, 11 Grotz, 1 Aeldari Windrider (Last Minute, Speed Daemon)

Cleon - 1 GK Captain, 5 GK Terminators, 1 Infernal Master, 5 Scarab Occult Terminators, 1 Tech priest Manipulous, 5 Skitarii Vanguard (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris - 1 Terminator

Custom Hero - 1 Ogryn Armsman

Danny Cyanide - 5 Heavy Intercessors

Doobles88 - 1 Blade Champion, 1 Vexilus Praetor, 3 Custodians (Artificer, Seriously)

Dwango - 1 FW Avatar of Khaine (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Etheneus -

Focslain - 6 Fire Warriors, 1 T'au Ethereal, 2 Political Operatives (Artificer, Seriously)

Gribbles - 1 Termagaunt (Artificer)

Grotsmasha - 2 Thousand Suns, Tor Garadon (Speed Daemon), Royal Warden, 1 Cryptothrall, 1 Plasmacyte, 5 Warriors, 1 Scarab Swarm (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

guardian31 - 1 Necron Warrior (Artificer)

Halandaar - 3 Windridrs, 5 Wraithblades, 1 Bone Singer, 1 Skyrunner Farseer (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Heraclite - 3 Boltstorm Aggressors (Artificer)

Jackalwolf - 10 Grey Slayers

Jaipii - 1 Assault Centurion (Artificer)

Jolemai - Mephiston, 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Chaplain, 1 Librarian, 7 Devastators, 3 Scouts (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lord Ikka - 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 10 Immortals, 5 Warriors, 1 Doomstalker, 1 Lord, and Grohh'Yod the Bleak-Host (Nightbringer count-as) (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - 6 Scarab Bases, 2 Oblitorators, 5 Ultramarine Devastators,1 Iron Warrior Havoc, 5 Iron Warriors Terminators (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Majkhel - 1 Death Cult Assassin, 1 Eradicator Sergeant (Artificer)

Magat the Cursed -

Miek - 1 Nurgle Soulgrinder

Rogue - 2 Genestealers (Artificer)

Shard of Magnus - 1 SoH Tactical Legionaire (Stubborn)

sibomots - Black Templar Keep

Skywrath -

Slave to Darkness - 10 Guardsmen, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Vindicator (Artificer, Seriously)

Slyen -

Tawnis -

the_balloon_dog -

toaae - Beastboss on Squigosaur (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne - 5 Genestealers (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

TPS - 1 AT Reaver (Stubborn), 1 AT Cerastus Knight, 2 AT Questoris Knights (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Trokair - What If? 1 Tau Bladeguard, 1 Commander Battlesuit, 2 Ghostkeel Battlesuits, 4 Drones

Valkia the Bloody - 1 Venomcrawler, 1 Maulerfiend, 2 Cultists, 1 Necron Warden, 1 Chaos Sorcerer, 1 First Edition Chaos Terminator, 1 Chaos Hexmark Destroyer, 1 Chaos Deathmark (Artificer, Seriously)

war009 - 1 Brotherhood Captain, 1 Brotherhood Ancient, 1 Brotherhood Chaplain, 1 Brotherhood Librarian, Brotherhood Apotecary, 5 Grey Knight Terminators (Artificer, Seriously)

Wolf Guard Einar -

Youngwolf7 - 1 Nob, 12 Boyz (Artificer, Seriously)

Challenge+

What If?

Arkhanist - GSC Hybrids => Chapter Armsmen - Datasheet / Model

Custom Hero - The Living Saint => Deathwatch - Datasheet / Model

Danny Cyanide - Plasma Inceptors => Orks - Datasheet / Model

Grotsmasha - Assault Intercessors => Tau Blade Warrior Battlesuits - Datasheet / Model

Lord Ikka - Inquisition Black Sentinals - Datasheet / Model

ThePenitentOne - Primogenitor Kill Teams - Datasheet / Model

Trokair - Bladeguard Veterans => Tau - Datasheet / Model

Valkia the Bloody - Hex Mark Destroyer => Chaos - Datasheet / Model

Valkia the Bloody - Deathmark Sniper => Chaos - Datasheet / Model

war009 - Space Marine Scouts => Grey Knight Squires - Datasheet / Model

Plogging Along Pledges for 2022

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, 1 Fuel Pipe, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Danny Cyanide - 1 Dark Angels Thunderhawk Gunship, 1 Legio Astorum Reaver Titan

Dwango - 1+ 30K Dark Angels

Focslain - WH40k Collection: Imperium

Grotsmasha - Indomitus Necrons - Skorpeth Lord (JAN), Royal Warden, 1 Cryptothrall, 1 Plasmacyte, 5 Warriors, 1 Scarab Swarm (FEB), Overlord, 3 Skorpeth Destroyers, 1 Cryptothrall, 1 Canotek Reanimator, Scarab Swarms

Halandaar - 1 Spiritseer, 1 Warlock, Illic Nightspear (JAN),1 Farseer Skyrunner, 1 Bonesinger, 5 Wraithblades (FEB), Jain Zar, 5 Howling Banshees, 2 Support Platforms, War Walker, Wraithlord

Jolemai - 1 x Herald of Slaanesh (proxy), 10 x Daemonettes (proxy), 1 x Zarakynel (proxy)

Lord Ikka - 15 Necron Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte, 1 Necron Overlord, 3 Scarab bases, 5 Flayed Ones, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Heavy Lohkust Destroyer, 1 Canoptek Doomstalker, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 10 Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 5 Lychguard, Grohh'Yod the Bleak-Host (Nightbringer counts-as), 9 Assault Intercessors, 3 Aggressors, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Impulsor, 2 Victrix Guard, 16 Black Sentinels of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica (Palanite Enforcers/Subjugators), Luther-pattern Ambot

Llygos_Tyrant - 1,000pts Firstborn Ultramarines, 1,000pts Iron Warriors, 1,500pts Necrons

Magat the Cursed - 1,000pts Necrons

Shard of Magnus - Horus the Warmaster, Maloghurst, 1 Praetor, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 9 Outriders, 6 Jetbikes, and 2 Sicarans

Slyen - 1/2 Battle Company

toaae - 6 Adepta Sororitas (JAN), 2 Mortifiers (FEB), 6 Adepta Sororitas, 1 Exorcist, 9 Repentia, 1 Repentia Superior, 5 Seraphim (or Zephyrim, I don't know yet), 1 Morvenn Vahl

Trokair - 1+ Aeronautica Imerpialis

war009 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (JAN), 1 Priest, 5 Alcolytes, 1 Servo-skull

Participants on the Randomizer List

Edited by Grotsmasha

sml_gallery_48988_15094_627.png

With Cicatrix Maledctum dividing the Galaxy the Grey Knights have been spread thin and have began using the young initiates on the battlefield led by a Senior Member of the Chapter. The Grey Knight Training Master is in charge of not only their training in the use of the weapons of war but to help them become better intuned with their psychic powers and development.

gallery_26778_16349_306260.jpg

Pretty much it is a limited scout squad with some modifications.

Modelwise: I would use Scouts for the squires but switch them to have gauntlet mounted bolters. For the Training master, I would have gauntlet mounted Storm Bolter, and Psychic hood added along with his choice of Force weapon.

Unit modifications: I dropped the sniper rifles, shotguns, bolt pistols, Camo Cloaks and heavy weapons as they are units that would not really bee used by the Grey Knights. Combat Blades are to show that they are beginning their sword weilding skills. Training Master also gained an additional wound for being a Full Grey Knight, and is the Psyker of the unit.

With February on the Horizon here is the finished conversion for the What If Challenge.

gallery_29932_13153_6690.jpg

I original planned to gut away the legs, and cut down a stealth suit set of legs to go under the robes so that the armored bulk poked out, but I could not get it to work the way I wanted (and luckily I had not cut the legs out yet, so just left it as is).

Stealth suit arms give some upper body armour, combined with some shoulder pads. Hopefully the rounded nature makes this stand out a bit, feel appropriate for an Ethereal without departing from the Tau look to much.

I was originally going to use the hover drone as the shield for this guy, but it was so big that I found no good way for him to hold it, so went for this smaller bit from a Broadside, not as smooth or shield like, but as a heavy duty shield generator and shield all in on I hope it works.

Helmet is rather old, from a piranha kit I believe when those first came out, and had been hiding in the bits box since back then, not any more. The antenna is from a broadside sprue I think, or maybe the commander, not sure. Talking of which, the bonding knife/dagger thing is from the commander sprue.

All together on a 40mm base, now I just need to paint it.

I have been painting my tau army in drips and draps over the last few years, and the time has come for some more to get some colour and basing. So I will also vow one Commander and two Ghostkeels (with their drones).

gallery_29932_13153_34758.jpg

My participation drifted off towards the end of the year, but the 2021 event contributed heavily to me getting a bunch of stuff painted so I'll join again this year and try and be a bit more targeted!

First off for January, 1x Genestealer Cult Biophagus and Alchemicus Familiar

gallery_84244_15233_198167.jpg

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer
  • Asuryani - Warlock
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2
  • Asuryani - War Walker
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord

Finished my January vow:

gallery_84244_15233_216478.jpg

And also crossed the Warlock, Spiritseer and "Illic Nightspear" off of my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_125410.jpg

48hrs to get any January Completions in 

Wait what?

I was just signing in to admit defeat (Five minutes before midnight!), and you're telling me I have another evening to get stuff done?

Guess I might have a chance to get them finished up after all!

Especially if I can wangle the afternoon off work tomorrow, or possibly try smuggling some paints in with me. ;)

48hrs to get any January Completions in 

Wait what?

I was just signing in to admit defeat (Five minutes before midnight!), and you're telling me I have another evening to get stuff done?

Guess I might have a chance to get them finished up after all!

Especially if I can wangle the afternoon off work tomorrow, or possibly try smuggling some paints in with me. :wink:

Just remember a Completion is 1 single model, whether you've vowed multiples or not. If it comes down to it, post the one model (or however many are finished), and re-vow the rest next month for a Stubborn Badge, and you'll still earn January's Completion :tu:

I, Boc, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete a 3 Cataphractii Terminators, 1 contemptor dreadnought, and 1 standard bearer by month's end.

Starting pic for February (standard bearer isn't assembled yet so the legs and banner count as him lol)20220131-183946.jpg

Edited by Boc

Okay- Victory!

One Purestrain Genestealer Complete!

12 MoHC  Jan 2022

The photo is a bit washed out- I took 10 pics with different flash settings and this was the best of the batch. This model completes a five member fire team, and of the five, this one is my favourite so far- I guess that means I'm getting better?

In February, I will be looking to paint another full fire team, wo the key will be getting started EARLY. I hope to post my pledge tomorrow.

Well, personal stuff left me with less free time than I expected but the reality is I haven't gotten my paint scheme to a level I'm happy with and I spent far too long staring at it trying to sort things out.  So I, Shard of Magnus, will carry forward my January objective and pledge to complete 1 Sons of Horus marine by end of February.

Progress was better on my plodding along vow.  The jetbikes, 1 sicaran, and contemptor were assembled, magnetized, and primed.

I,WAR009, vow to paint 5 Grey Knight Terminators, Brotherhood Ancient, Brotherhood Chaplain, Brotherhood Librarian, Brotherhood Apotecary, and Brotherhood Captain for the month of February.

gallery_26778_16349_81497.jpg