Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2021: Event AAR (p.7)+

Model swap challenge Liber Astartes Liber Chaotica The Liber Brother Cambrius Dosjetka

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,921 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Thanks for your kind words D-PL. It's fun to get inside the head of a character and imagine his life, and what he thinks and how he feels. I hope you approve of my interpretation of a small moment in the life of your Chapter.

...................

(I am curious though which shame are you referring to?)

In my mind Sartanus and his fellow first generation Primaris came to the Dawn Blades as brothers and a gift from the Primarch. Not being born into the Chapter, they did not expect to be immediately accepted with open arms and trust. However, being kin by virtue of a shared legacy of blood and gene from their father, Ferrus Manus, they had a certain expectation of being allowed to prove themselves over time. Imagine how they must feel, being treated in such a hostile and degrading manner, while the gift they represent is accepted. Sartanus assures his brothers that their treatment by the Chapter is not a blight on their own honor, but a blight on the honor of the Chapter, to treat Brothers in this way. He does however, admonish them not to dwell on this, but to be firmly loyal to the Chapter and do their duty.

I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, and I see the Forge Primaris as the underest of underdogstongue.png Please don't think that my sympathy for them is any kind of indication that I disapprove of this line of the Dawn Blade story. Being stubborn and suspicious sons of the Gorgon, this makes perfect sense and is very grimdark indeedthumbsup.gif

Edited by Brother Lunkhead, 13 June 2021 - 01:35 AM.

• Bruce Malcom likes this

sml_gallery_49400_16059_1314.png sml_gallery_49400_16059_25207.png

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts
  • Faction: Vector Royalist Imperial Soup
big evil spiky lads

I may or may not have gotten carried away.

I daresay my oath has been completed.

Edited by Bruce Malcom, 16 June 2021 - 04:56 PM.

• Brother Cambrius, Trokair and Brother Lunkhead like this

Support Class is the BEST! http://www.bolterand...leship-nebulia/

gallery_26154_15777_8980.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Model swap challenge, Liber Astartes, Liber Chaotica, The Liber, Brother Cambrius, Dosjetka

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users