+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Ultramarines Strategium+++

@ Anaziel: Toxic got it right. By all means use the FW stuff, but you must deliver a unit compliant with Codex: Space Marines. If you want to build units from Betrayal! you should vow for the Horus Heresy.

So we could vow for the UM/LA/IA a Contemptor Dreadnought but not a unit of Jetbikes, right?

The actual ruling is that if it's from Forgeworld, it either needs to be "40k approved", "counts as" or from HH: Betrayal. I think "40k approved" means it's got the little Warhammer 40'00 stamp over the aquila on the rules. So it's a little more complex than just Contemptor yes, jetbikes no.

The Contemptor Mortis is in Imperial Armour: Aeronautica, so that's fine for 40k. However, I can't find rules for a standard Contemptor anywhere other than HH: Betrayal. I think the intention of FW is for the standard Contemptor to be available for 40k, but until they update the Space Marine & Inquisition it's only available in HH: Betrayal, meaning that you couldn't paint up a normal Contemptor for your C:SM vow.

The other thing is Forgeworld's more exotic weapon loadouts. For example, Deimos Predators with standard loadouts (lascannons, autocannon, heavy bolters) could be taken as "counts as" for standard Predators. The Deimos Executioner has 40k approved rules (PDF on the FW site). However, the Deimos Infernus has experimental rules, so i'm not sure if that counts. For exotic loadouts like psycannons on Grey Knight vehicles, or stuff like lascutters and gravaton guns on boarding squads or conversion beamers on various FW vehicles, it's best to check with Cpt Semper, just to be sure.

Evening 

Ive detailed my 5 marines below so please can someone let me know the points value 

If its a pain lets say they are standard tactical marines as Im not sure if the load out is ok 

1x 1st company vet sergeant with powerfist and storm bolter

1x 1st company vet with power fist and bolt pistol

1x 1st company vet with bolter and chainsword

1x 1st company vet with flamer 

1x 1st company vet with bolter (Ive currently used a maximus armour marine but it will be a beakie when I find it) 

1x dark vengeance librarian 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0279_zps22e58e63.jpg

Ok Rich, you've got a slight problem there. If you have a Veteran Squad with bolters they are Sternguard Veterans. In a Sternguard Veteran squad, only the Sarge can have a power weapon.

If you have a Vanguard Veteran Squad, you can have as many power weapons as you like, but no bolters or flamer.

So i'm going to do your Squad as a Sternguard Squad, but you'll either have to find a new home for the second power fist Veteran as a Vanguard Veteran (in a 5-10 man squad), or as a Sarge for another Sternguard Squad. Alternatively re-equip him without the power fist and with a Sternguard weapon option instead.

So, you've got the following

Librarian - 100 pts.

Bolt pistol, force sword.

Sternguard Veteran Squad - ? pts

Sergeant

Storm bolter, power fist.

3 Sternguard Veterans

Bolters, flamer

That's only a four man squad, you need another bolter/combi-weapon/special weapon/heavy weapon armed Marine to make it legal. If you take one last bolter guy the squad comes to 160pts. However, you do have other options for a Sternguard Squad. Any squad member can swap their bolter for a combi-weapon (plasma, melta or flamer) and two members of the squad can swap their bolters for either a flamer, meltagun, plasma gun, lascannon, heavy flamer, plasma cannon, missile launcher, multi melta or heavy bolter. You already have one flamer in the squad, but if you wanted you could upgrade your last guy to a second special/heavy weapon, or give him a combi-weapon. Once you've decided i'll give you a final points total.

Hopefully this isn't a problem, as they're just tacked at the moment and you can turn mr power fist into a Veteran with whatever weapon takes your fancy from the above list.

Ok Rich, you've got a slight problem there. If you have a Veteran Squad with bolters they are Sternguard Veterans. In a Sternguard Veteran squad, only the Sarge can have a power weapon.

If you have a Vanguard Veteran Squad, you can have as many power weapons as you like, but no bolters or flamer.

So i'm going to do your Squad as a Sternguard Squad, but you'll either have to find a new home for the second power fist Veteran as a Vanguard Veteran (in a 5-10 man squad), or as a Sarge for another Sternguard Squad. Alternatively re-equip him without the power fist and with a Sternguard weapon option instead.

So, you've got the following

Librarian - 100 pts.

Bolt pistol, force sword.

Sternguard Veteran Squad - ? pts

Sergeant

Storm bolter, power fist.

3 Sternguard Veterans

Bolters, flamer

That's only a four man squad, you need another bolter/combi-weapon/special weapon/heavy weapon armed Marine to make it legal. If you take one last bolter guy the squad comes to 160pts. However, you do have other options for a Sternguard Squad. Any squad member can swap their bolter for a combi-weapon (plasma, melta or flamer) and two members of the squad can swap their bolters for either a flamer, meltagun, plasma gun, lascannon, heavy flamer, plasma cannon, missile launcher, multi melta or heavy bolter. You already have one flamer in the squad, but if you wanted you could upgrade your last guy to a second special/heavy weapon, or give him a combi-weapon. Once you've decided i'll give you a final points total.

Hopefully this isn't a problem, as they're just tacked at the moment and you can turn mr power fist into a Veteran with whatever weapon takes your fancy from the above list.

Thanks for that

So if I swap Mr power fist / bolt pistol for a bolter and then add another special weapon marine with a shoulder mounted lascannon would that make it all legal?

Heres the revised load out 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0281_zpsd73c1421.jpg

So if I swap Mr power fist / bolt pistol for a bolter and then add another special weapon marine with a shoulder mounted  heavy laser would that make it all legal?

So the squad would be as follows, then, right?

1x Sergeant / Powerfist, Storm Bolter

1x Sternguard / Flamer

1x Sternguard / Lascannon

3x Sternguard / Bolter (w/ or w/o chainsword)

The squad comes to a total point cost of 200 pts, for a total vow of 300 pts once you factor in the Librarian.

I BackSplash answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Drop pods, 1 Ironclad Dreadnought, 2 Landspeeders, and 1 Sternguard squad from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 530pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I will be posting pics of my squads just as soon as I find my camera. 

I've done a bit of totaling of points values pledged so far. You'll all be pleased to hear that the Ultra/Liber/Index alliance is about 3.5k above any other faction. Still, it's very early days and we need to complete our vows for them to count, so keep up the good work and keep vowing :).

Exactly!

What matters now is not so much total points pledged (this will become way more important when people reach their 4th vow) but to get as many people as possible involved! Remember, you can only get new recruits until June 15th - vows you can Make until the end of the event... but on June 15 the doors are closed and the teams are set! So spread the word, the more the merrier! :D

I Zeuspro answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Marneus Calgar, Lord Macragge, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines plus a 4 Man Ultramarine Honour Guard Squad including the Chapter Banner, plus a 5 Man Assault Squad and  a Space Marine Bike Squad with extra Attack Bike from Codex:SpaceMarines of total value 680 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

My WIP = http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275607-my-etl-ii-vow-wip/

@ Player not found: I just want to make sure that you are aware of the rule regarding magnetizing - i.e. no extra points for it. What you can do, is choose the most "expensive" configuration and vow for it.

Furthermore, regarding the Contemptor, this is included in the 'Apocalypse - Second Edition' book by FW, p.25 for the standard one, p.26 for the BA pattern, p.27 for the SW pattern and p.28 for the Mortis pattern. All of them bear the 40k seal. So as far as ETL is concerned they are all legitimate entries - provided their rules allow them to be used by your chosen Codex. In the case of C:SMs the "standard" Contemptor and the Mortis are both allowed. So, you can feel free to include them in your vow - there is no such thing as too many Contemptors...smile.png

However, there is no official GW/FW publication that I am aware of, which allows for jetbikes (excluding the MoRW in the DA Codex) in the 40k context. These can only be found in the "Betrayal!" list and are therefore exclusively in the HH domain as far as the ETL is concerned.

@ Ultrarich: So 300pts is it? Done!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Player not found: I just want to make sure that you are aware of the rule regarding magnetizing - i.e. no extra points for it. What you can do, is choose the most "expensive" configuration and vow for it.

I guess I should have vowed two 5-man combat squads instead of one blank 10-man squad; would be worth an extra 10 points (2x90 instead of 90+80)... Still, once I'm set on the loadout I'll just add two 5-man combat squads to the existing 10 tacticals and include the sergeants, special and heavies in the two (so the initial 10 can be my first "test" run on the split scheme).

That would be accepted, right?

I guess I won't have to pledge the Contemptor as an Ironclad, then! Woot! (glad I kept one of the two I had instead of selling both!)

I guess I should have vowed two 5-man combat squads instead of one blank 10-man squad; would be worth an extra 10 points (2x90 instead of 90+80)... Still, once I'm set on the loadout I'll just add two 5-man combat squads to the existing 10 tacticals and include the sergeants, special and heavies in the two (so the initial 10 can be my first "test" run on the split scheme).

That would be accepted, right?

I guess I won't have to pledge the Contemptor as an Ironclad, then! Woot! (glad I kept one of the two I had instead of selling both!)

Look, if you want to work out the loadout of your squad and amend your vow, that would be fine. I really want you to vow what you want, not to be tangled in some technicality.

However, please keep in mind that you cannot add on previous vows -once your vow is declared complete, that's it. You can make another vow if you want - but that must contain standalone units - not additions to your previous vow. 

This is the extract of the FAQs in the main rules:

Q: Can my second vow be an expansion of my first vow? For example if I vowed and completed a 5-strong tactical squad can I then vow for another 3 to bring it to a total of 8?

A: No. Each entry should be a standalone legal unit from the list of your choice. No add-ons on previous vows.

I'm sure you can work out the equivalent in your second vow, but seriously, if you want to amend your vow, I'll allow it.

Oh, wow, I had completely missed that part. Well, thanks for offering me to amend it, then, I didn't want to be an hassle... I'll leave it as it is, however. Just two blank squads. I may not be credited the extra points, but I'm not in hoping I'll win anything anyway :)

The real bummer here for me is this week before I seen this thread I completed a MOTF and a Landraider Redeemer....
It makes me sad I cannot add those to our point total.

Greetings all, a new Ultramarine player here going to throw his laurels into the ring.  

I, Diceman87, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Varro Tigurius from Codex:  Space Marines of total value 230 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

**Edit 6/1/2013 - Blog for my Vow has been started, linked here.  

I, Ramell of the Ultramarines Third Company, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux. I vow to complete one Captain with Relic Blade from Codex: Space Marines, at a value of 130 points, no later than August 15th.
Success will bring eternal glory to the heirs of Guilliman, the Ultramarines. Failure will bring shame to the XIII and myself, and condemn me to wear the Badge of Shame until year-end.

Courage and Honour!

Here's the model in it's current state. It's an Emperor's Champion, vowed as a count-as Captain. He has a backpack and Iron Halo from the Commander box, and a holstered Forge World Tigrus-pattern Bolt Pistol. The 40mm base is because I think it looks better for leader-type models, and gives me more room to work with.
 http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/Ramell_of_Cadia/Ultramarines/Work%20In%20Progress/EmperorsChampionWIP18-05-13.jpg
Work will probably not start until some time in June, as I have some other models I want to get out of the way first. Updates will be in my WIP thread, linked in my signature. Major updates (50% done and finished) will be in this thread.

hey all, how are your vows coming along, I havent seen any activity on this page in several days. keep it up and we will stamp out the dress wearing emos of the 1st legion!

Work continues to get in the way of doing anything substantial.

However, my ETL WIP starts here!

happy.png

So I have updated the matrix.

The format is as follows: change from last time is will be noted in (xxx) format

Forum total pointed vowed points completed vows total

Black templar 30,836 (+1,110) 0 (+ 0) 27 (+3)

Blood Angels 28,355 (+3,678) 0 (+ 0) 31 (+3)

Dark Angels 35,617 (+7,200) 2,440 (+965) 48 (+7)

Index Astartes 21,581 (+2,753) 1,161 (+671) 25 (+2)

Liber Astartes 9,995 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 9 (+0)

Space Wolves 15,128 (+4,270) 0 (+ 0) 17 (+5)

Ultramaines 4,515 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 10 (+0)

Chaos Legions 32,413 (+9,367) 1,151 (+911) 35 (+5)

Grey Knights 3,300 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 4 (+0)

Sisters of Battle 3,814 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 7 (+0)

Imperial Guard 7,806 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 5 (+0)

Adep Mechanicus 375 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 1 (+0)

Horus Heresy 6,852 (+ 0) 0 (+ 0) 8 (+0)

total pointed vowed points completed vows total

total for Codex chapters 36,091 (+ 2,753) 1,161 (+671) 44 (+ 2)

total for Vive Imperium 15,295 (+ 0) 0 (+0) 17 (+ 0)

Total among all forums 200,587 (+28,378) 4,752 (+2,547) 227 (+24)

Since my last update to this only a few days ago, there has been some major growth among Dark Angels and Chaos forums. One person in the Chaos forum made a single vow of 6,716 point, which is amazing. And that is saying a lot from me.

The current standing for the top 5 factions with the most points vowed are as followed:

1: Dark Angels

2: Chaos

3: Black Templars

4: Blood Angels

5: Index Astartes

Now if we take into account that the Index, Liber and Ultras are together, we have the most vowed points, but barely. The Dark Angels are literally less than 500
points behind us.

I have seen little activity from within the Ultras and Liber, but I hope this means that they are busy on their vows and just haven’t had time to update yet. Also there
has been no growth within the Ultras and Liber in days. No new vows, no new members. So it is time for a new recruiting mission. Get your friends, brothers, sisters, uncles, complete strangers from down the street, boyfriends/girlfriends to pick up brushes and join the fight. We can not win this at this point. We need more vows completed followed by more vows made and completed again.

This is a campaign, not a single battle. We can not give up the fight, if we must pull back and regroup, then so be it, but we do not give up the battle. We fight for the space marines and our respective chapters. Now lets make our Primachs, Chapter Masters, Captains and Sgts proud. Get back into the fight and lets bring the
pain!

Please don’t make me start to quite Gen George Patton… It will happen… I feel it coming...

So guys keep up the hard work. Until the next update, This is JIRT out.

Archived