+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Mechanicum Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_11_AM.jpg

Honoured Magi,

Last year the Mechanicum ignored the challenge and preferred to spend thiet time in the manufactoria pretending to be busy... Will that change this year? Will the honored Magi of Mars join forces with the rest of the Imperium and ultimately become Primus Inter Pares?

Well, the Mechanicum was indeed absent last year. But this year there is another way to join the ETL apart from the Titans, namely the list in FWs Betrayal book. So if you hear the calling of the Machine God, you now have more tools than ever before to obliterate the enemies of Mars! WILL THE TITANS RISE?

DEUS EX MACHINA!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully, veterans and new entrants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Chapter House” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links in your “completion” post will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

ADEPTUS MECHANICUS VOWS
Brother Callius | Vow 1 [1,450] COMPLETE
Hasdrubal | Vow 1 [375]

ADEPTUS MECHANICUS OUT-OF-COMPETITION VOWS
exetus | Vow 1 [750]

... I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. ...

Right. So, can I vow in 6mm? I got some tiny warhounds that need a new coat of paint.

No - Epic is only for out-of-competition entries..

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

I hate that this can't go into the Blood Angels sub-forum lie the rest of my entries, but I HAVE to get this done.

Vow 2 (if I'm allowed, since I already have an active vow in the Blood Angels sub-forum)

I, eXetus, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single Warhound Titan with plasma blastgun and vulcan megabolter from the Apocalypse Rulebook of total value of 750 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Adeptus Mechanicus and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Dammit... looks like it has to wait until Vow 1 is complete. Stupid reading of the rules... :D

According to the ETL II Rules link, all vows must be made for the same forum. No splitting loyalties.

However, it also states...

Out-of-competition entries

There could be cases that what people want to build/paint cannot be reconciled with the E TENEBRAE LUX rules. It’s just one of those things. For example, some might want to do crazy conversions or scratch builds; others might want to paint miniatures for other B&C compatible gaming systems (BFG, Epic, etc.) or some might miss the deadline for joining in. It’s also a possibility that new models are produced by either Games Workshop or Forgeworld that have yet to become official or legal for the purposes of this Challenge.

We would like to offer motivation for those that want to work on non-eligible projects by allowing out-of-competition entries. These entries would be recorded in the progress tables, they can be freely shown on the E TENEBRAE LUX official threads and a lot of honour and praise will be bestowed on those that manage to finish before the deadline. However no points will be awarded and therefore they would not contribute to their faction’s total. Also note that even the out-of-competition entries should adhere to forum rules i.e. be B&C-legal – if I see any Xenos I’ll have a stroke and it won’t be good news for you either!

Don't worry Archangel - exetus will be doing this as out-of-competiton... as you can see there is no name added in the list for Mechanicus yet...

So, anyone?

I could promise one, but I'm no paintsaint and you already have one to be a special model to cut banners from.

I happen to have a Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader primed that I wanted to paint this summer, so this my be just the excuse needed to make it jump on top of the painting queue.

Question that I couldn't answer: would it be considered a legal count-as for a Warhound Titan with dual mega-bolters?

General consensus on the web is that both kit are somewhat size-comparable, even though the Warhound certainly is deeper. Because pictures are more taletelling:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/downloadAttach/147634.page;jsessionid=632861FF6C437EE89D35633DB44B6A11

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2011/7/18/f3dd140217aaa1ffaaebe77e33727dbd_35100.jpg

Your call.

Well, I thought about it hard and it appears to me that it won't be fair to someone who actually goes for the Warhound... Let me offer an alternative: How about you do it with a 50% penalty in your points' value? That way you still contribute heavily to the Mecahnicum cause while those that go for the more demanding Warhound will get full points for it.

I think it's fair - 375pts for it - what say you?

Spurred on by Captain Semper I hereby make my vow for this challenge:

I, Brother Callius, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Imperial Reaver Titan with a powerfist, apocalypse missile launcher and gatling blaster from the Apocalyspe II Rulebook of total value of 1450 points, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Adeptus Mechanicus and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Hope to see the Vive Imperium get high on the points list...

Good to see taking the vow Brother Callius! At last a Reaver! I wish you best of luck - this is really an exciting moment in the short history of the ETL!!! :tu:

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived