+++ Call of Chaos VI +++

Captain Semper

All units primed and ready for paint. Update #1 for all of them (and some unrelated WIPage) is here. Pics!

Acolyte

gallery_39401_2771_139843.jpg

Defiler 1

gallery_39401_2771_98567.jpg

Defiler 2

gallery_39401_2771_70250.jpg

Baneblade

gallery_39401_2771_193376.jpg

Acolyte's getting painted first, then the Defilers, then the Baneblade. I hope a bit of assembly-lining is acceptable, if I have to paint the Defilers one at a time I'm going to lose my mind. @_@

Lord Doyok answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Daemon Prince and 16 Bloodletters before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I, Archangel answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 2 Chaos Space Marine Tactical Squads before January 15th 2014. I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Fallen Dark Angels Warband known as "The 500"

* Chaos Space Marine Tactical Squad [10], with Bolters (x10)
* Chaos Space Marine Tactical Squad [10], with Bolters (x10)

("The 500" are named for the original five hundred Dark Angels under Luther's command that were banished to Caliban by the Primarch Lion El'Jonson at the beginning of the Great Crusade)

[uPDATE: I am withdrawing from the Call of Chaos. The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd. I am destined to wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!]

Some very nice stuff! Sword Brethern has already managed to complete his Lord - along with some background no less...

@ nhaunter: your rake looks very pomising - let's see how it comes along!

@ Archangel: Please PM me the 500 names and what is a good time to call.. Asmodai the easy-going will join... :D

@ Ferrus Manus: Some serious use of greenstuff there mate. the mask is just amazing - certainly worthy to become your avatar! Just to clarify though, was there a raptor in the WIP pics? Because I only saw the Lord, the cultists and the Marine (both look awesome - you are a true greenstuff artist).

Updated to this point!

@ Ferrus Manus: Some serious use of greenstuff there mate. the mask is just amazing - certainly worthy to become your avatar! Just to clarify though, was there a raptor in the WIP pics? Because I only saw the Lord, the cultists and the Marine (both look awesome - you are a true greenstuff artist).

Updated to this point!

High praise indeed! Thanks mate, no the Raptors probably wont make an appearance for a while, at not until the marines are closer to being finished to stop me taking short cuts haha.

I declare Unit 1 complete, here is Update 3 (or at least part of it). The rest of the pics are in my WIP thread found in my sig. 

IMG20131018 002

IMG20131018 004

Now to finish my Sorceror, whom I have no idea what colour to go with! He'll be ready to wreak havoc very soon though. 

Okay. Not sure how to do this, but I have finished batch 1. Three updates is weird, too. So here's a group of the dudes done, and my wip thread has the wip shots. 2 and 3?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u75/bloodlife72/IMG_2461_zps0bea3f45.jpg

and to the wip log http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/249710-my-upcoming-chaos-army/page-2

until next time...

Congrat guys keep the momentum going! :)

@ zyl- : Why do you think three updates is weird? In effect it's a "before" pic of the unpainted unit, a "during" pic with a WIP shot which can be at any stage of completion and an "after" shot with the finished unit. The first pic is evidence that you start a new unit and the last pic is evidence that you finished. the middle pic is there to help the momentum going... Traditionally, the Call of Chaos was big on pictures, Brother Nihm was asking for at least two updates per month - so that's six pics in total...

Updated to this point!

2nd update on my DPrince. Wash the whole flesh area with Badab Black and do the base.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss341/LordAK47/World%20Eaters/DPrince2_zpsbedf9fc9.jpg

I'm focussing on him right now. Currently painting the flesh with Mechrite Red before finishing with a layer of Blood Red.

The metal parts shouldn't take long to do but have no real idea how to paint the blade yet. If time permit, should be able to finish by tomorrow.

Archived