+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Finally I am getting round to posting a few WiP shots of my vows. I expect to finish this week (or very early next week).

Where I was a short time ago...

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/John_Rainbow/Painted%20Minis/34827b15-aab4-4171-8a05-c4b472bfbf0a_zps96b4bd9c.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/John_Rainbow/Painted%20Minis/20140716_200541_zps2232f891.jpg

Where I am now with most of them - I paint in an assembly line fashion:

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/John_Rainbow/Painted%20Minis/80e28496-1479-46dd-948f-f4cb31d99c35_zps11cab5a5.jpg

The first half of my vow is done! More pics in my WIP thread. 

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/harmen_eefting/Dreadnought/074A64B2-2299-4AC9-B109-A2A59CEBCA33_zps3ocvjuv1.jpg

How are your vows coming along brothers? I have only made a very small vow, so I should shut up, but it's sad to see we're last at the moment.. Let's get our completion rate up! 

I'm done with my original vow plus a second vow of 5 more termis which I photographed as I decided to start on them before I finished the first vow - then I dropped my phone and trashed it and now I am waiting to get it back with a new screen so I can post all the photos from before I started painting (I knew I should have done it at the start when I made the vow, but noooo - what could go wrong.... :( 

On the plus side I'll be getting it back either tomorrow or Saturday morning so should have both vows checked off by Monday morning at the latest

Alright, time for my second vow!

I vow to paint:

1 blood angels tactical squad (combi-flamer, vet sgt, power sword, heavy bolter and plasma gun, 205 points),

1 Blood Angels Rhino (Hunter-killer missile, 60 points),

1 blood angels assault squad (vet sgt w/combat shield and power sword, meltabombs, 120 points),

by august 1!

Vow Complete! Posted on my army blog thingy here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291207-templar1s-blood-angels/.

Blood for the Blood God- er, I mean... yay emperor. wacko.png

I finished up Mephiston and my last captain, almost done on my last three SPs, and I hate my terminator Libby, but by Monday at the latest I will post these last few guys and we will get close to a 4k bump.

It's great to see the BA forum mobilising - this is the last weekend before the deadline guys, use it well!

@ Voxxel: That dread rocks man! :tu: Look forward for the entire vow to get done!

@ Templar1: I really like your style man - clean and well defined! Congrats for completing!

@ sockwithaticket: Talking about a clean style! :blink: Finish up and give us a family pic - this is the best BA DIY scheme I've seen (concept and execution)!

I'm done with my original vow plus a second vow of 5 more termis which I photographed as I decided to start on them before I finished the first vow - then I dropped my phone and trashed it and now I am waiting to get it back with a new screen so I can post all the photos from before I started painting (I knew I should have done it at the start when I made the vow, but noooo - what could go wrong.... sad.png

On the plus side I'll be getting it back either tomorrow or Saturday morning so should have both vows checked off by Monday morning at the latest

Sorry to hear that - do you think you'll be able to upload the pics before Friday? Even through a friend's phone?

Is this an annual event? I joined the community shortly after it closed. Also, how are the points calculated? Based on in game points?

It is indeed. It started as an one-off in 2012 but given it's popularity it has become an annual event - and this is it's third incarnation! It is based in Codex (or other official lists) points and there is both and individual reward in the form of the most prestigious Custos Fidei badge and a collective one for the faction that manages the most points: the Primus Inter Pares!

Take a look in the first post of this thread where there is a link to the rules. Although the rules get tweaked from year to year the basic concept remains the same. If you have any further queries feel free to PM me.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Sockwithaticket, love your style! Very cool contrast! Also those poses and bases really inspire me to spend a little more time on modelling before painting next time thumbsup.gif

It's great to see the BA forum mobilising - this is the last weekend before the deadline guys, use it well!

@ Voxxel: That dread rocks man! thumbsup.gif Look forward for the entire vow to get done!

@ Templar1: I really like your style man - clean and well defined! Congrats for completing!

@ sockwithaticket: Talking about a clean style! blink.png Finish up and give us a family pic - this is the best BA DIY scheme I've seen (concept and execution)!

I'm done with my original vow plus a second vow of 5 more termis which I photographed as I decided to start on them before I finished the first vow - then I dropped my phone and trashed it and now I am waiting to get it back with a new screen so I can post all the photos from before I started painting (I knew I should have done it at the start when I made the vow, but noooo - what could go wrong.... sad.png

Sorry to hear that - do you think you'll be able to upload the pics before Friday? Even through a friend's phone?

Is this an annual event? I joined the community shortly after it closed. Also, how are the points calculated? Based on in game points?

It is indeed. It started as an one-off in 2012 but given it's popularity it has become an annual event - and this is it's third incarnation! It is based in Codex (or other official lists) points and there is both and individual reward in the form of the most prestigious Custos Fidei badge and a collective one for the faction that manages the most points: the Primus Inter Pares!

Take a look in the first post of this thread where there is a link to the rules. Although the rules get tweaked from year to year the basic concept remains the same. If you have any further queries feel free to PM me.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks, man!

Cutting it close and discovered my imagination far outweighed my actual skill level :P 

Never the less Vow 1 Completed!!!

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETLIII-Vow1Finished_zps122d4e6b.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETLIII-Vow1finished2_zps5e96cede.jpg

Congratulations The Red Thirst! A timely completion and a solid addition to the BA cause! :tu:

Now guys remember: This is the last Sunday before the deadline. Use it well! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Good news there Champ  - in the nick of time too! :tu: C'mon honour us with a pic here! (I know it's in the link but still)...

And Mozley? Just do it! :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Okay, so here are the three remaining SPs and Captain

gallery_57222_9535_6297.jpg

This here is the Librarian in Terminator Armor. It actually came out not too bad and the pic was not horrible. Well, that is no where near the shade of red I put on him. I think red throws off the camera on my phone, which would explain a lot. I made the robe red because there was no other suitably large surface area to do so and I wanted no confusions as to his loyalty. In hindsight, the book is a pain in the ass to deal with if you have already pinned it in place, so I reccommend doing that afterwards. The base looks a bit like ruined tile because before I mounted him I cut in tiles with an xacto knife, expanded them to look like tile gaps, and then cut in bullet holes. Without the camera glare it actually looks pretty boss.

gallery_57222_9535_251717.jpg

And last but not least, the Lord of Death. Picture is horrendous and multiple attempts at better ones went even worse.It looks like he is the same type of red in the pic and his bottom robes and top armor look vastly different in person.

gallery_57222_9535_27803.jpg

So that brings us to Vow complete, and I may actually have about a quarter of my army painted now. Thanks for the motivation.

Well done tabgoi, congratulations! You finished a really big vow and helped your faction significantly... At this point you are also a prime candidate for becoming forum Champion. :woot:

But there may still be some surprised until the end. We'll see...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived