+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Just wanted to let you guys know my lack of progress has been due to a gross eye infection. I'm down to 1x Captain, 1x Belial and 1x Contemptor, then vow one is done. I'm deliberating between a 2nd character-heavy vow and a mass Deathwing Assault....

Cheers,

Jono

Post on the first page of each forums thread has the data for that chapter. The overall numbers are in the Painting section in the main ETL III thread.

Paul

I might be being a bit thick here - but where is the post with the updated ETL 3 vows chart?

~ I

Not at all Isiah, the ETL has a web of threads, a central one and the faction-specific ones.

Here's how it works:

There is a central ETL thread in the PCA where I'm posting the rules all the updates (among other things). Whenever I post an update, I link it to all the faction-specific ETL threads called the Strategiums as a heads up for everybody. The most recent such link in the DA Strategium can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290384-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-dark-angels-strategium/?p=3717087

Hope this helps. :)

Well the ETL kicked off on the Thursday so my aim is to update on Thursdays... Now what time exactly I cannot say as it depends on my schedule.

And you don't need to check out the PCA thread as the minute I post the update, I then post links to all the Strategiums with a link to the main thread. You cannot miss it! ;)

I want to see another vow completion!  Lets do it guys!

Personally, I'm close to completing number three.  Details on two tanks and then paint on two more and I'm done.  I've decided that the TL Las Cannons from the Land Raider are quite possibly my least favorite assembly.  If you don't get them perfect the first time, they're damned near impossible to get done right again, without removing all the old glue...  Have done this twice now, once on one of my older Phoebos and now on one of the two Terminus Ultras - oh well.  

Debating a 4th vow! -  I did (5) last year, I want to do 5 again this year, I also did something like 5K points last year, and I'm just barely butting up against that now.  

Funny thing was, last year, if you look at my vows, I always did something and 10 terminators, down to doing (3) terminator squads of 5, 5, and 10, haha.

I did get my (2) more metal Terminator Librarians that I wanted for my set of (4),  This leads me to believe that I might be doing another (5) Characters, an Int. Chaplain in TDA and (4) more librarians, but we will see...

Lets see what shakes out.  Remember that you cannot go back and change, so drive this home.  We had an 80%+ completion rate two years back, I don't want to see Sub 30% this year.

Paul

WE ARE LEFT HORRIBLY BEHIND! THIS IS NOW THE TIME TO ATTACK!

WE ARE CURRENLTY 4th AND MORE THAN 10k PTS BEHIND THE AODs WHO LEAD AND MORE THAN 2k PTS BEHIND CHAOS WHO ARE CURRENTLY 3rd!

I'll have my vow completed in the next day or two. I'll never make it in time for the next update, but it'll be finished soon after. Exactly what i'll vow afterwards.../sigh, i dont know. I'm starting to run low on unfinished models, and my FW order had a minor hiccup so thats also thrown a wrench into my otherwise flawless plan. Mayphaps i'll strip down some of my older models and see what i can come up with.

I missed the entry time by a few hours so I am out of the competition this year. I think SG's Path to Redemption served as a great primer last year and really helped the DA to such a strong finish.

Other than that, I must admit to be bummed by the new edition and not feeling the strong desire for the game anymore. I love the fluff and the minis but I can no longer keep up with the game and all the rules.

Unfortunately real life has struck and slowed me down but I vow I will have it completed in time or......

I will eBay them and donate the proceeds to the BnCS fund!

From tonight I will be wiring myself into my painting station, only pausing to find more magnets.... Chamber 42 beckons if I fail.

I'm still plodding along. Between overtime at work, and my newborn, "spare time" is a very precious thing. I've resorted to waking up an hour early before work (that's a 3am wake up) to get painting time in.

Hoping to sneak in a small second vow, but can't be sure

I am suprised we got this far. There is only TWELVE BROTHERS that have completed their vows, and only ELVEN who re-vow! Out of sixty brothers!?

We are idle!

I blame weather, its lovely outside tongue.png

It is nice outside - BUT, its the World Cup!!! :) Must ... watch ... every ... single ... minute of it!! Its a shame its coincided with it as I have alot that needs painting and I have poor motivation at the best of times lol

well, i dont like football so i dont have such a excuse. i do however have a spanking new pc, that runs such games as skyrim at 1920x1080, high rz texture pack at max graphic settings and does not even blink wub.png

however the terminators and librarian in my vow are done, the pred is about 80%, and the devs and speeders around 40%. if i put my priorities straight they should all be finished next week (i would like this weekend burt not likely). i guess i just have to go to plan b (watch mythbusters on youtube and paint at the same time. its easier than playing games and paintingbiggrin.png )

i would like to put in a 5th vow, but we will see. i have a 10 men deathwing squad set aside, or a dephilin and a dark talon. time will tell

I am suprised we got this far. There is only TWELVE BROTHERS that have completed their vows, and only ELVEN who re-vow! Out of sixty brothers!?

We are idle!

I blame weather, its lovely outside tongue.png

It is nice outside - BUT, its the World Cup!!! smile.png Must ... watch ... every ... single ... minute of it!! Its a shame its coincided with it as I have alot that needs painting and I have poor motivation at the best of times lol

honestly haven't been that enthused by the footy this time round, much more looking forward to Wimbers. But you're right, too many distractions.

Vow#1 WIP thread started, BTW - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292701-plasmaspams-dark-angels-etl3-wip/

Archived