+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Great work man everybody is smashing it!

Just some quick and nasty WIP shots to show where I am beginning. I'm pretty excited ATM but I won't be able to complete the minis for a few weeks yet, as I'm waiting on parts, mainly lots of shoulder pads and another death company box.

The Deat Company will change and mostly be made from the DC kit. These guys are just place holders.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/EF409E0C-ADD4-43E1-9C5D-0B2699E71E9B_zps1afvsanb.jpg

The grav bikers. Bikes are really a pain to paint for me. So I'm glad I've made my vow, really helps the motivation. I may paint the bikes separately while I wait, just to get them done, I still need to clean and prep them properly and remove the DA iconography.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/E2042AE8-F680-4A7A-B7BB-6F1898303C5E_zpsgri2ptbv.jpg

And finally the Sang Priest on bike. I like him. He needs a name.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/150256F5-223A-4C44-B108-BF9ABD50B103_zpsn15smetl.jpg

I may indulge and procrastinate this weekend and start a WIP thread here in the Blood Angels forum, I've been meaning to.

Just a foot note, my guys are Blood Angels but they have a blood Ravens colour scheme. I just like the Blood and bone combo, plus the Blood Angels are to iconic in my mind.

But I'll save all that for the WIP thread.

Top work from everyone, awesome and motivating!

Right, starting small in a bid to work up to something large...

I Luca Pacioli rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one counts as attack bike for a total of 45pts. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

(Please let me know if I can't do a 'counts as'...)

med_gallery_78612_10813_1167785.jpg

WIP pics will be on my WIP thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288055-starting-blood-angels-wip/

Hey guys quick update one my second vow I have my furioso and Tactical squad 1 completed. Sanguinary Guard are next. 

EDIT: also Question For captain Semper where might I find the thread where every forums ETL points are listed? Thanks!

I Luca Pacioli rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one counts as attack bike for a total of 45pts. Success will bring eternal glory to my Legion, Chapter, her Successors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is fully completed. That shall be my penitence.

WIP pics will be on my WIP thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288055-starting-blood-angels-wip/

I see two Marines on a open topped vehicle armed with bolters and a heavy bolter. Looks OK to me!

Excellent progress everybody! The Ranks of the BAs are bolstered with new arrivals and The Milkman has registered a completion and a follow up! :woot:

Yeap, I can live with that. :)

Hey guys quick update one my second vow I have my furioso and Tactical squad 1 completed. Sanguinary Guard are next.

EDIT: also Question For captain Semper where might I find the thread where every forums ETL points are listed? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. There is the Weekly updates (you can find the first one here but there will be another one tomorrow) and then you may visit the Strategiums of each forum.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Second vow:

I, Spagunk, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete The Sanguinor from Blood Angels of total value 200 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_299048.jpg

Oh man, BA putting the IFOR to shame with those completion percentages! It's especially awesome considering the number or entrants. Will AdMech be able to claw us back to the top??? laugh.png

I, closet skeleton, solemnly vow to paint 2 tactical squads (one with melta bombs, power sword and hand flamer sergeant, flamer and heavy flamer, one with melta bombs, inferno pistol and power maul sergeant, melta gun and missile launcher) totalling 385 points for the Blood Angels successor chapter Angels Encarmine before the start of August 2015. Success will bring glory or something? Failure will bring shame and mark me as an oath breaker until next year.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb193/Closet_Skeleton/etl1_zpslw4zyrjn.png

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb193/Closet_Skeleton/etl2_zpsygj3n1ci.png

That's them primed except for the missile launcher guy who is in pieces. Equipment will be correct when they're finished

I have been absent from these forums for a while, because I'm a filthy Xenos lover, but I have decided to return. In times long past, I broke my Vow of painting Iron Warriors for the Chaos factions. But this year, perhaps faith in the Emperor can sustain me where I have failed in the past... And so, now I make this vow:

I, jifel, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete, from the Flesh Tearers Chapter:

-9 Death Company, with Jump Packs, with 2 Power Swords, a Power Fist and a Thunder Hammer,

-a Sanguinary priest with Power Axe,

-a Captain with Valor's edge, Artificier Armor and a Jump Pack,

-a Furioso Dreadnaught with Melta/Heavy Flamer

for a total of 647 points. Success shall bring eternal glory to Cretacia and the Flesh Tearers, while failure shall doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the end of the year.

I am taking it slow (a mere 12 models!) to begin, but I have many more options to complete for a second vow, including another Dread, a Rhino, a Libby, 15 Tac Marines and 10 assault Marines. But first I shall finish vow 1!

blogger-image-1226761639.jpg

blogger-image-382626677.jpg

blogger-image--1694640962.jpg

EDIT:

VOW COMPLETE 06/14/2015

VOW COMPLETE!

There be pics below! 647 points for the glory of Cretacia! Forgive my ramblings of added fluff, and subpar pictures, but the vow is complete! 

Furioso Dreadnought: 

First off, we have a Furioso Dreadnought, Ancient Kranek, former captain of the Flesh Tearers Third Company

blogger-image--1779662492.jpg

blogger-image-433207338.jpg

Blood Angels Captain with Jump Pack and Veritus Vitae, Sanguinary Priest with Power Axe

blogger-image--2098642289.jpg

blogger-image-551804125.jpg

blogger-image--1595201679.jpg

blogger-image--1243016396.jpg

blogger-image--499335542.jpg

blogger-image-1594278518.jpg

9 man Death Company Squad with two Power swords, Power Fist and Thunder Hammer:

(note that there are 10 models, one of them was already painted too much to vow, but I finished him up with the rest)

Squad Aguilar: 

blogger-image-1076254062.jpg

blogger-image-1436108747.jpg

blogger-image-738737516.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy! I have plenty more models to vow, I'll total up some points and add a new vow tomorrow! For Cretacia and Baal! 

Welcome Closet Skeleton and jifel! I can see the BA forum is recruiting left right and centre! Well done Sons of the Angel! 

As we enter Week 3 we come face-to-face Week 3 Blues! That means that there is a sharp drop in new recruits before it speeds up again in Week 4. Now if you can maintain the flow of new recruits and avoid the blues you'll be in a much better position once Week 4 hits! Keep this in mind!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I wish I could post, I am waiting for some sargents for my terminators to start.

Looks good guys, keep it up!

All the same, place your vow now to register your interest. Otherwise, you might miss the window! ohmy.png

Very well.

I, CAPTAIN ANGEL, DECLARE MY VOW FOR THE ETL!

FOR MY FIRST VOW (in this and all ETLs) SHALL BE TWO TACTICAL TERMINATOR SQUADS ARMED WITH 2 CHAINFISTS, AN ASSULT CANNON AND A HEAVY FLAMER, WITH 2 LIBRARIANS IN TERMINATOR ARMOUR, 1 WITH SHIELD AND STAFF (the relic one) AND ONE WITH AX AND STORMBOLTER, A CHAPLAIN IN TERMINATOR ARMOUR AND CAPTAIN KARLAEN AND A "WACKY" TERMINATOR SQUAD

If I fail, than my I wear the badge of shame until next years event.

Pics and points tonight

Update

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/155102-image

I'll add the sergeants when I have them.

On that note, may add these guys?

I know one is a sanguinary priest, and two guys are dead in the chair, but can I count them as a standard tactical terminator squad because I have to paint them anyways?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/155103-image

Just a quick update for my 2nd vow...

vow 2 corbs

vow 2 libby axe

vow th

vow 2 sarg

vow 2 pt 1

I decided for 2 tones on my first company.  Red for the majority of the body, bone from the wrist down, bone shoulder pads and bone helmet.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/17/714642_sm-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/17/714643_sm-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/17/714644_sm-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/17/714645_sm-.JPG

The Revenant  (Cypher counts-as)

Very little is known about this mysterious Crimson Tear, known even to the majority of his brothers only as The Revenant. The sole common knowledge is that he was recovered, quite by chance, from the minor death world of Pyrrgha’s Lament in the Segmentum Pacificus as the 6th and 7th companies pursued and purged a tendril of Hive Fleet Scylla. Noticing the drop pods making planetfall, shortly after a plethora of mycetic spores, he sought them out . His appearance was wild and his armour almost devoid of any markings whatsoever, it would have been understandable for his erstwhile brothers to shoot him on sight, but he convinced them he offered no threat, falling to his knees as soon as he was within sight and allowing himself to be restrained in a drop pod harness until the command figures of the two companies could conduct an interrogation. He was permitted to accompany them freely, but unarmed, as they hunted Tyranids through the jungles of the small planet; presumably answering their enquiries somewhat satisfactorily. Even without weapons he proved himself a valuable asset as a tracker and saving Chaplain Risiel from the claws of a Lictor with nought but a branch spear earned him the prestige and trust to carry a boltgun.  This was but one demonstration of the almost preternatural abilities that his untold years on the death world appeared to have bestowed upon him. Over the course of the campaign it became clear that his instincts and reflexes were honed far beyond those of any in the chapter and his accuracy with ranged weapons was peerless; this despite the fact he could not have fired one for decades, if not centuries.  He returned with the 6th having accumulated numerous battlefield honours and the beginnings of legendary status. He was quickly whisked away to a conclave of the Crimson Tears’ leadership and since then has enjoyed a unique position in the chapter.

He is permitted to attach himself to any strike force he pleases and is not permanently assigned to any company, though he seems to spend a lot of time with the 5th. Indeed, this tendency, along with the ornateness of his armour and armaments and privileged position, have led to some speculation that he is one of the many Captains the 5th has lost during its turbulent history of near destruction and rebirth. Some members of the 7th recall seeing what they thought was the wreckage of a Dark Eldar vessel in one of the many jungles on Pyrrgha’s Lament, the very foe the 5th fought the first time it was nearly exterminated. Given the proclivity of that vile race for taking prisoners, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that The Revenant is indeed who many of the Crimson Tears’ rank believe him to be.

In battle he tends to operate alone, tracking the ebb and flow of the conflict and inserting himself where intervention is most needed.  He wields two exceptionally finely crafted pistols, one bolt and the other plasma, already relics of the chapter’s armoury that he seems to have further improved with tweaks to their design. Always attached to his hip is a markedly plain and ancient sword from the 5th company’s own relic vault, but such is his uncanny accuracy with his pistols that none can ever recall him having needed to draw it from its scabbard.

Well, that's part 1 of my vow done, there's a (what turned into a) short story in my WIP thread if anyone's interested.

@ sockwithaticket: How I missed commenting on your fantastic work is beyond me! Frankly I see the evolution over the previous ETLs - you sir are perfecting your technique! Keep it up and more please! smile.png

I'm flattered that you take the time to notice it, Cap, you've got a lot on keeping this whole thing going and there's a lot of great entries to look at. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Archived