++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

How about just smearing liquid greenstuff inside? It'll give off a nice enough texture without jamming the room for the bell. :smile.:

There's a little space in there and I could make a little something hanging out. Going to go at it in a little bit. Might even stick some fat and a kidney on the back wall if I can get in there. When you pull all the stomach and intestines out, those things usually take a bit of extra effort to get out.  I grew up hunting, so I have some experience with body cavities. :unsure.: The big thing will be to make sure the bell has room to swing. :)

@Sagentus: Nice start on painting! As for GS, I usually let it cure for about 10-20 mins depending on what I'm working on.

@rednekkboss: That Plague caster looks amazing, can't wait to see him painted up!

@Augustus: Glad you like the Wolf Lord! Press molds are fantastic as GS is much easier to cut up and use, plus it's great for when you have left over GS from sculpting something else.

I'm working on this guy, really!

http://i.imgur.com/XAhLfrQ.png

Phew! Chainmail last night and today we have a thigh plate with Khornate icon (in case you didn't know who he works for), "foot" armor, foundation for the horns, and starting to do some work on the wings. Need to do the shin armor and knee pad to be finished with the legs, then his tabard/balteus thing (no idea what I'm doing there yet), and then I get to the back and wings. 12 days to get this guy done. Like painted-done, not my normal "done". God-Emperor, what was I thinking when I chose this for the challenge?

I am still here.  Things have just been.... interesting in the real world for my to make much at all progress.  I have decided on doing a Contemptor as I think it is the best match like for like for what Grot is doing.  I am hoping to get some paint down in the next week but I am still trying to make a pretty static model look a bit more dynamic.  I must say I am not really a fan of the Contemptor but its a model I have to paint it I shall.

All the work you guys put up here with all your amazing conversions and such is putting my contributions to shame...

I am still here.  Things have just been.... interesting in the real world for my to make much at all progress.  I have decided on doing a Contemptor as I think it is the best match like for like for what Grot is doing.  I am hoping to get some paint down in the next week but I am still trying to make a pretty static model look a bit more dynamic.  I must say I am not really a fan of the Contemptor but its a model I have to paint it I shall.

All the work you guys put up here with all your amazing conversions and such is putting my contributions to shame...

Is it the B@C one? If so, it's not too hard to repose the legs, waist, and replace the helm, as well was magnetized the weapons, I can pop some pics in our thread if you'd like?

Wow, really good stuff happening in here.

@Tankus Wonkus: Your captain, for example. Fantastic paintjob, amazing to see you putting hours and hours into it. What are you thinking for the base?

@MindOfMetal: Extremely cool model, great use of a very limited palette, very characterful and inspiring. Easily my favorite model in this thread so far! Very well done!

@Brother Captain Kage: You have the craziest sculpting skills there. I wasn't sold on the idea to begin with, to be honest, but the farther you push it, the more your Bloodthirster is growing on me. Not that it matters. But you're doing a spectacular job there, hot contender for the best-model award IMO. - Make a tabard for him, perhaps the easiest/quickest fix. Not much time left.

@rednekkboss: Absolutely loving your Plaguecaster (and basically everything to do with your Templars of DOOOooom really)! Good on you for filling the belly cavity with, um, stuff. Looks much better. I guess he'll get a paintjob to tie him in with the rest of the crew?

... In the meantime my progress had been slowed down by sickness and acute demotivation. Managed to lay down most basecoats on the Red Hunter paladins. They look terribly cartoonish at present and will need very substantial amounts of weathering, grime, and black-lining to tone it all down and work up depth and contrast. It's gonna happen, perhaps even in time. More shots of my finished scenic ash-waste bases in the WIP thread.

gallery_80057_10843_665544.jpg

@Brother Captain Kage: You have the craziest sculpting skills there. I wasn't sold on the idea to begin with, to be honest, but the farther you push it, the more your Bloodthirster is growing on me. Not that it matters. But you're doing a spectacular job there, hot contender for the best-model award IMO. - Make a tabard for him, perhaps the easiest/quickest fix. Not much time left.

I appreciate the kind words and sorry to hear about the issues keeping you from the hobby table. Concerning the highlighted part... yeah... this happened last night and I'm not sure if it works or not so I need some opinions. 

http://i.imgur.com/gU5fwwo.png

I was flipping through the channels and heard the phrase "Who are you wearing tonight?" from some red carpet thing and here we are. 

@Drac0 - I will be away for part of this month so had to press on, taking the lead from @Augustus b'Raass.  I went back to Cassius's badges, and of course the chain snapped taking it off the sprue, right in the middle. I thought I might mend it, but one half got blown onto the floor when I was blowing dust of another part (I know, what a noob).  So I took that as a sign the gods wanted something else, hence the berserker elbows hold the parchment, and berserkers also donated the pistol (but I had to replace the clunky hand).  I fixed the crozius chain with some chain from a Dark Vengeance chaos marine.  This is now ridiculously fragile, this chap will never see the table top.  Finally, I absent-mindedly glued on the shoulder pads (meant to leave them off for painting). I'll leave the backpack off for painting so I am calling this fellow 'built'. 

Sorry for the lack of news, been busy with some issues IRL.

Looking good so far, can't wait to see that painted up. If you're going for the disciple of Erebus you should consider adding some books (at the waist, on the backpack our both, and perhaps one of the chaos shoulder pads with the stretched skin on so you could use as parchment.

My project is going slow, and with no conversions so I went straight to painting. I'll post pics tomorow if I have the time

@Drac0 - great to hear from you. We all know life comes first - will be great to see those pictures when you have them.

As for my chaplain. I went to prime him, and dropped him. Broke the pistol hand and crozius top off (but amazingly not the chain). Have fixed him but the primer showed up awful mold lines - including over the top of his head and horns. Tried to scrape them. I felt like giving up. But that's where the arena made the difference. I made a vow! I made a challenge! I will finish this model even if I hate the sight of it by the end!

And thanks for the advice - he has one lovely book and chain courtesy of the Cassius donor model - will think if I can do more on the backpack or shoulder...

I finished painting the six CSM, now I just need to add water effect to the base!

http://i.imgur.com/J7hoc5N.jpg

You can see more pics on my thread as usual, but I'll ask here too, do you guys think they need more white parts? I want to keep them dark, but I don't know if this is too much...

@the Traitor: Woooooooow, those guys look fantastic, I especially like the freehand skull on that guys helm, as well as the ones on the cloak! Am going to have to really crack on with my guys! I really like the dark colour scheme as it really draws the eye to the white details on the armour. (Though maybe making their gauntlets white might work?)

Edited by Kordhal

@The Traitor: Leave as is, they might be a little dark, but they look cool and adding too much would ruin the effect. It might be neat to see them in an army with red daemonflesh on a couple models, to give a sin city vibe.

Also, I've done some more work on mine.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/c9QiqYR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F5LpSmQ.jpg

@Khordal: thanks brother, that helm is possibly my favourite one of the bunch, it really expresses what I was going after with this army. And yes, you should hurry with yours, only 8 days left (I think?) and as far as I know you only finished one! Primaris might be big, but I'm sure you can finish them if you give it a push!

Edit: @ Teetengee: you ninja'ed me! Glad you like them, I do have some daemonic red on my army, after all I was forced to paint Magnus the Red a bit red :P, which you can see on my WIP, I just finished him last week .

Also the yellow looks like an interesting base for bloodletters, guess you want them to fit the IW colour scheme?

Edited by The Traitor