=][= The IRON GAUNTLET - The Penultimate Challenge =][=

Olis

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Chaplain_Grimaldus__Emperors_Champion.jpg

Brothers and sisters! Welcome to the Penultimate Challenge! Our intrepid Gauntleteers have braved three challenges so far and only two remain. We have whittled our original field of twenty-nine down to four! Be wary, brothers, for you cannot falter with the end in sight!

In this challenge, those seeking the Iron Gauntlet must make a dataslate for at least one painted and converted character, with fluff to accompany it. For those of you inclined to be all fancy shmancy, you may try editing this sheet here, or this one here (bearing in mind the latter one is specifically an 8th edition one). However, this is not truly necessary as anyone can simply make a regular post here on B&C with stats and rules, regardless of how slick and polished the eventual presentation is. #

As per usual, anyone can enter! At the end of the Gauntlet you'll receive an appropriate badge for your participation, even if you only take part in this challenge. 

To enter, post the following:

I, <your name>, of the <Chapter/Warband/Regiment name> take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge <challenge number> and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor/the Dark Gods/Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

The Penultimate Challenge 
* Bronze: Create a dataslate (converted and painted model, fluff, custom rules and stats) representing a character from your organisation;

* Silver: Create two dataslates representing two characters from your organisation;

* Gold: Create three dataslates representing three characters from your organisation.

-> Duration: Thursday 17th August 2017 - Sunday 17th September 2017 (1 month)

The Challenge has begun late, therefore the official start will be Monday 21st August 2017 and will last until Thursday 21st September (One month)

Edited by Olis

I, NovemberIX, of the November IX  continue to take up your Challenges. As have I vowed before to my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenges the First, Second, and Third so shall I complete the Penultimate Challenge and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor, Brother Argos, and the Fires of Time themselves curse me if I fail.

In response to a recent question via PM: The model does not have to be painted during this challenge. It just has to be painted (and converted) to count when presented. It could've been done ten years ago for all it's worth. The intention for this challenge was to use an HQ that was (hopefully) painted back in the second challenge - but it certainly doesn't have to be. 

Holy crap I forgot about this!

In that case I'll be presenting my recently painted Orgat the Red-Handed, former Lone Wolf and Exalted Champion of the Dusk Raiders.

15032843896911871760497.jpg

gif upload 20mb

I, Swarmlord Unleashed, of the Dusk Raiders take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete the Penultimate Challenge and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May my ancestors themselves curse me if I fail.

Edited by Swarmlord Unleashed

The First Three Tasks are done and set in stone. Now it is time for the Fourth. I, Daimyo Daron Lenoch, do swear, in full view of the Fratri and Sorori of the Legio Bolter and Chainsword, to compile and transmit datafiles of some of the Dawn Blade Command Structure before the deadline. May the Solis-Imperator, the Primarchs Ferrus Manus and Vulkan, and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail.

Three down, two to go! This one will be fun, if not a little challenging. (And as a personal challenge, I plan on making five.)

Lt. Shonar is uploaded!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/338704-iron-gauntlet-penultimate-challenge-dawn-blades/?view=getnewpost

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

• 2 weeks later...

The smell of molten cogitator banks, Forge works and a fair few number of servitors wafted from behind the vast bulkhead door that quickly sealed shut behind the grim Chaplain.  Brother Argent ran a single hand through his close cropped hair.  Things hadn't really gone according to the plan, but then again, when did they.  He placed a mag seal on the door before heading off further into the Liber.  He could still recover the Gauntlet if he pushed himself.

I, Brother Argent, vow to complete the Penultimate Challenge of the Iron Gauntlet to the Gold level in the time allotted.  Emperor forgive me if I fail.

I'd like to note, the kit bashing, modeling and painting haven't been nearly as hard as it is to get text to look right on the datasheet!

MygnPYE.jpg

I'm all done except for getting it formatted into the right form :wink:

Edit 9/10/17: Aaaaand done!

Edited by NovemberIX

• 2 weeks later...

And with the arrival of my third child I forgot this again... Sod it...

Congratulations and commiserations, brother. The child and the vow, respectively. All the same, I appreciate the attempt, at least. :)

Brothers. Once again you have very little time left to complete your vows. Seeing as the majority of those pledged have completed theirs or bowed out, I believe this leaves only Swarmlord Unleashed to make good on his duty as a Gauntleteer. 

Regardless, I will look forward to seeing you all in the Final Challenge, which is due to be posted tomorrow.

So i might have forgotten that i also need to vow in the challenge to participate in it. Oh well, here goes.

I, Legionare, of the Viper Legion take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge Penultimate challenge and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

Link to the pictures and rules coming soon

:censored:

With me being away for a week, I totally missed that I need extra fluff for my characters:facepalm:.....that´s it for me for the IG :unsure.:  

Thanks to Lenoch for trying to tell me that in time!

I feel gutted for you, brother. To get so close and yet not quite get there must be galling. :(

Oh Jesus I just realized I never linked my thread nor put in any images.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339428-iron-gauntlet-dusk-raiders-characters/?do=findComment&comment=4887960

I'll just conveniently think that that link was there the whole time... :whistling:

By the way, the final challenge is up: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339778-the-iron-gauntlet-the-final-challenge/