=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

I Brother B rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

Commander Dante

Lt. Tomeron

Primaris Lt.

Primaris Captain

Jump pack Captain (Smash!!!)

for a combined total of 33 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels. Failure is not an option...

med_gallery_101149_13675_509917.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_156481.jpg

If I get vow done in a timely fashion, I'll probably make a second vow to include the two primaries leuitenants from The starter set. I'd like to included my entry for the warlords challenge as well, but am waiting for bits, so fingers crossed . But my vow comes first.

Edit: Hey Jolemai, I'll probably be adding broken up up cork rocks from army painter and citadel skulls from the skull kit on all my entries starting with this vow, so that way they get undercoated at the same time as the rest of the model (the rest of the basing will come when I paint everything, using citadel texture paints, probably for ETL) do I need to include photos for these, and if so can I just include the pics once rather yhan reposting every time I make a vow?

Basing is optional and not something you can be penalised for. So feel free to toss some bits on at this point :)

As for the Lieutenants, that would be a great boost should you have time :tu:

Jolemai, thanks for the edit. Is mine a legal vow now then? Or do I still need to edit the photo links?

It's fine, just need to update the OP :)

(it's easier when I'm at a desktop and it's currently half term in Wales so...)

That is a good question, I do have some magnets laying around... I guess we will see how motivated I am this week! :biggrin.:

Was just wondering if anyone else shares my madness - basically I'm one of those daft BA players who can switch between all three Dreadnoughts from that one kit...

I'm sure they will arrive soon enough :thumbsup: anything you can get on with in the meantime to lessen the rush afterwards? Quite interested in seeing these out together - especially the Lieutenant builds, I have a feeling these may be popular...

Thanks - and for editing the date... didn't even notice the 2017. Jedi mind trick...

Should have the captain constructed tomorrow although not likely undercoated till at least the weekend.

Wanting to do a bit of a custom base with some height for him, so will get that done before swinging back to the Lts.

Out of curiosity - was there a consensus on Lt loadouts? Default loadout + JP will be magnetised but interested to see what else is being used.

Think a few folk are going for TH or basically a 'light' version of a punchy CC captain?

Any use?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342493-lieutenant-builds-8th-edition/?fromsearch=1

Well, dangit, I did fall asleep!

I, Zebulon, formerly known as Polemarch Julius rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Captain in Terminator Armour (based on Karlaen) and a Captain in Power Armour for a combined total of 12 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and Angels Resplendent, whilst failure is not an option...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3282/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3283/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3285/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229095-img-3286/

Yeah, sorry about the small delay there. As you've already seen, I've edited in the total PL for the vow and I can see all the pictures fine by following the link and using the arrows :) Haven't got one of those PA Captains so looking forward to seeing your work :)

I, Captain Smashy Pants, formerly known as tu_shan82, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood and Zeal and vow to build a Chaplain with jump pack and Primaris Captain with power fiat and plasma pistol, for a combined total of 12 PL, on or before 23:59 UTC February 26 2018. Success will bring will bring honour to the Blood Angels faction, failure is not an option.

gallery_30240_14236_241682.jpg

gallery_30240_14236_340361.jpg

First DC Chaplain entry; it's still a great model and easy enough to put together? Vow logged but surely you should be making your namesake? :huh.:

Captain is just about built - still needs to be undercoated later in the week, but loading a couple of pics to use in Grotsmashas' warlord challenge. 

Swtichable parts being - 

Banner pack vs JP

Thunder hammer vs blade

Shield vs inferno pistol

Captain TH

Captain Shield

Captain relic

Captain bits

I Mcrat rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Librarian Dreadnought for a combined total of 9PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

UoOBJSx.png

Same question to you, will you be setting it up for use as another Dreadnought at a later date, or will you be sticking with the one type? All the best with it :tu:

I Paladin777 rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Librarian with Jump Pack for a combined total of 7 power level on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_95687_14231_21506.jpeg

WOOT for finally figuring out how to post legit pictures! Thanks to those involved, you know who you are!

Nice spread of bits; welcome to the event and I look forward to seeing it completed :smile.:

Grats with getting to grips with the image posting too. bbcode can be tricky at times...

Relentless Pursuit rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Lord Commander Dante, Warden of the Nihilus for a total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

cXRUg0u.jpg?1

Welcome to the event and nice to see a Dante entry - at 11 PL he should be great for getting points on the board :happy.: 

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Hey Panzer, really happy to see you getting involved and with our first gravis Captain entry :smile.: What heads are you looking to choose from? What are you leaning towards?

I

Brother B rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

Commander Dante

Lt. Tomeron

Primaris Lt.

Primaris Captain

Jump pack Captain (Smash!!!)

for a combined total of 33 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels. Failure is not an option...

med_gallery_101149_13675_509917.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_156481.jpg

M-m-m-monster vow*!!! 33 PLs?? So much work to do in a week, all the best at getting it done!

I've put Lieutenant Tomeron down as a Primaris Lieutenant, unless he has his own Datasheet?

* Yes I adored Unreal Tournament

Captain is just about built - still needs to be undercoated later in the week, but loading a couple of pics to use in Grotsmashas' warlord challenge. 

Swtichable parts being - 

Banner pack vs JP

Thunder hammer vs blade

Shield vs inferno pistol

Good, fast build there. Looks great so far :tu: With regards to the wings, how have you attached them to the jump pack? iirc the nub for them is on the SG torso?

Updated to here

Into double figures for participants but with the BTs having drawn first blood already (jokes on them, there's no secondary objectives on these missions...) we could do with getting some points on the board. Btw, has anyone got a Dante (11 PL), Chaplain Dreadnought (10 PL), Rhino Primaris (9 PL), Malakim Phoros (10 PL), or a Land Raider Excelsior (24 PL) to vow? :wink:

Ah yes... I made the mistake of using a couple of the SG torsos for sergeant nipple armour and then wondering why the hell there were these extra bits of plastic on them...

The back of torso is the commander sprue cape with nothing to attach to anyway - so there is a pin (paperclip) that goes horizontally through the 'pack' and about 5mm into each wing. Bit of superglue and the wings are pretty much rock solid. 

Was pretty happy with how durable the pack came together, then promptly snapped the iron halo off. 

Into double figures for participants but with the BTs having drawn first blood already (jokes on them, there's no secondary objectives on these missions...) we could do with getting some points on the board. Btw, has anyone got a Dante (11 PL), Chaplain Dreadnought (10 PL), Rhino Primaris (9 PL), Malakim Phoros (10 PL), or a Land Raider Excelsior (24 PL) to vow? :wink:

Hmm. To quote your post of 11th October 2015, there is not and never has been a model for Malakim Phoros.

[edit: searched and found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315183-datasheet-discussion-malakim-phoros/

- I am NOT stalking you, Brother Jol!]

I note that his wargear comprises:

- Artificer Armour

- named Infernus pistol

- glaive encarmine

- frag and krak grenades

- iron halo

As such, why don’t I alter my vow so that my Power Armour Captain becomes a counts-as Phoros? Is there anything to stop me doing that?

Updated to here

I think a couple of us have Dante. And yeah tolmeron is the dudes name but just reg primaris lt

I, Captain Smashy Pants, formerly known as tu_shan82, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood and Zeal and vow to build a Chaplain with jump pack and Primaris Captain with power fiat and plasma pistol, for a combined total of 12 PL, on or before 23:59 UTC February 26 2018. Success will bring will bring honour to the Blood Angels faction, failure is not an option.

gallery_30240_14236_241682.jpggallery_30240_14236_340361.jpg

First DC Chaplain entry; it's still a great model and easy enough to put together? Vow logged but surely you should be making your namesake? :huh:

I intended to include a Smashy Pants conversion in my first vow, but the parts I'm waiting for haven't arrived yet. If they do come in time for Blood and Zeal, I'll include him in a later vow, he's going the be my warlord entry for Grotsmaha's event as well.

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Hey Panzer, really happy to see you getting involved and with our first gravis Captain entry :smile.: What heads are you looking to choose from? What are you leaning towards?

Either a GK Paladin helmet as I do with my whole army (with few exceptions) for sake of the knight theme ... or copying Anamnesis' fantastic idea and using one of the masked Reiver heads. Obviously not painted to such a high standard tho unfortunately. :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337962-primaris-army-knight-of-the-chalice/?p=4986879

Updated to here

Sadly, my Phoros model is already long completed and painted. I'd vaguely like to redo him now that he's been upstaged in flashiness by my new Captain, but the time to plan him out and get the parts, it'd be way too late.

I Arkaniss rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Captain Tycho and one Lieutenant for a combined total of 9 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

med_gallery_27469_12034_1553434.jpg

Now to find time to assemble them and modify Delassio! :D

Hmm. To quote your post of 11th October 2015, there is not and never has been a model for Malakim Phoros.

[edit: searched and found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315183-datasheet-discussion-malakim-phoros/

- I am NOT stalking you, Brother Jol!]

I note that his wargear comprises:

- Artificer Armour

- named Infernus pistol

- glaive encarmine

- frag and krak grenades

- iron halo

As such, why don’t I alter my vow so that my Power Armour Captain becomes a counts-as Phoros? Is there anything to stop me doing that?

Sadly vows cannot be altered once made. Doesn't mean you can't alter it afterwards in your own time in preparation for your own army/collection or subsequent painting events :)

As for that link, updated the whole Veritas Vitae series is a queued action and Photos himself will be Unit of the Week soon too.

Updated to here

I think a couple of us have Dante. And yeah tolmeron is the dudes name but just reg primaris lt

No time like the present to build them then!

gallery_30240_14236_241682.jpggallery_30240_14236_340361.jpg

First DC Chaplain entry; it's still a great model and easy enough to put together? Vow logged but surely you should be making your namesake? :huh:

I intended to include a Smashy Pants conversion in my first vow, but the parts I'm waiting for haven't arrived yet. If they do come in time for Blood and Zeal, I'll include him in a later vow, he's going the be my warlord entry for Grotsmaha's event as well.

Let's see what the week brings then. Quite interested in all the interpretations of Smashypants :)

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Either a GK Paladin helmet as I do with my whole army (with few exceptions) for sake of the knight theme ... or copying Anamnesis' fantastic idea and using one of the masked Reiver heads. Obviously not painted to such a high standard tho unfortunately. :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337962-primaris-army-knight-of-the-chalice/?p=4986879

That's BA pretty cool idea actually. As for the painting, I have it on good authority that he uses a cheat code...

Archived