+++Call of Chaos XI+++

Captain Semper

Good to see reports of progress, I need to catch up! Getting there slowly though:

gallery_30308_10249_23468.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_19264.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_25759.jpg

It's mostly the weapons I have to finish as the main bodies are about there :smile.: I may save the last bits such as bases for later, assembly line them at the end as it might be a good idea to get a head start on the Daemonettes as they're fiddly :thumbsup:

Just though show some progress

My Berserker are just one model away from been complete which sould happen next Monday with the day off & a bit time kept aside for building.

med_gallery_13342_13449_585667.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1936.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1111159.jpg

I just like the colour scheme of them from the Eavy Metal version seen in Daemonkin codex.

med_gallery_13342_13449_540763.jpg

Then the army painted by a member of the Warhammer World - think Jason who has there Salamander & Mechanicus shown in the White Dwarf?

med_gallery_13342_13449_433602.jpg

But complete wise, here two of my Helbrutes

med_gallery_13342_13449_502267.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_543388.jpg

I RobWrath answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete my first unit of Khorne Berserkers of the warband Wrath before December 15th 2018. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and expect no mercy on my soul!

So, just back into the hobby so starting conservatively. I've chopped up some Ebay standard CSMs and glued them back together again and they are going to be my 8 berserkers. I hope to get them painted up to a decent standard and the CoC will be good motivation!

Having trouble uploading images but I have a 'before' image of most of them prior to undercoating; I will post this up when I can.

Just though show some progress

My Berserker are just one model away from been complete which sould happen next Monday with the day off & a bit time kept aside for building.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1936.jpg

I just like the colour scheme of them from the Eavy Metal version seen in Daemonkin codex.

med_gallery_13342_13449_540763.jpg

Then the army painted by a member of the Warhammer World - think Jason who has there Salamander & Mechanicus shown in the White Dwarf?

But complete wise, here two of my Helbrutes

These two dudes (the top one is yours, the bottom one isn't, right?) are painted in the colour scheme of the warband I've chosen - Wrath.

I haven't seen many other people painting/using them (and I've looked online) which surprises me as I think the colours are really cool, much more fun than painting your berserkers flat red.

I got the idea from some CSM Veterans I painted back in the day in 2e, who had black armour but bone-white helmets. I wanted to replicate that somewhat and found I could with Wrath.

I've been kind of busy with real life this past week, but now I'm again free to update! :devil:

Whoopsie! I overdid it a little. One of the units I vowed was a unit of 10 plaguebearers. But apparently I can't count, so I accidentally did a unit of 30. :facepalm:  

Hidden Content

DVqZJXB.jpg

I also painted three Nurgling Bases and a Poxbringer, but apparently I also cannot plan ahead and I didn't vow them here. So you can se them in this post in my thread.

Losing count with the models and maintaining such high quality can only mean one thing: unholy pacts with the Chaos Gods that even contemplating is Heresy most Heretical!

Amazing work as always Augustus!

Update on my Gellerpoxies - pets are done =)

Hidden Content

4emTWHz.jpg

See more at my WIP thread :smile.:

Not very familiar with the Rogue Trader game so if I ticked the wrong units as complete in the first page let me know and I'll amend! Looking great those little... pets of yours! :laugh.:

I RobWrath answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete my first unit of Khorne Berserkers of the warband Wrath before December 15th 2018. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and expect no mercy on my soul!

So, just back into the hobby so starting conservatively. I've chopped up some Ebay standard CSMs and glued them back together again and they are going to be my 8 berserkers. I hope to get them painted up to a decent standard and the CoC will be good motivation!

Having trouble uploading images but I have a 'before' image of most of them prior to undercoating; I will post this up when I can.

Welcome Rob, good luck with your Berserkers - we can never have enough of those! :laugh.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not very familiar with the Rogue Trader game so if I ticked the wrong units as complete in the first page let me know and I'll amend! Looking great those little... pets of yours! :laugh.:

Eyestinger Swarms are finished in the picture - Glitchlings are here though!

4OOhqh4.jpg

Also finished the vox shamblers yesterday, so only the big boy to do now:

epGp2EV.jpg

dA2wDDV.jpg

Edited by Atia

Lots of great work in this thread - very inspirational and helpful to keep focused on finishing stuff up. The temptation of picking my old Orks up again is getting pretty strong but I really want to finish up this force and I'm glad to report more progress!

Karanak (counts as) finished! The model is actually a Barghast Jaeger by PuppetsWar. This was a nice small break from all the Bloodletters.

cQ27lsS.jpg?1

banxoVs.jpg?1

I'm halfway through the pledged number of units now and 2/3 through the model count. I'm getting pretty comfortable with the color scheme and I'm feeling confident I'll get the next unit (9 Bloodletters) done in a couple weeks at the outside.

Edited by Sgt. Blank

med_gallery_63428_9407_705649.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_70361.jpeg

Hazard stripes are so Great Crusade!

My Slaaneshi IW Lord prefers something a little wilder...

med_gallery_63428_9407_49014.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_115301.jpeg

To do:

Eyes

A couple more cables

Leather on axe handle

Plasma coils

Skulls

Slaaneshified IW icon on the tiger-stripe shoulder

Base

Glue arms on - I have them blu-tacked in place now and the gun-arm later sagged from its stretched-out shooting pose...but looked so much better. I’ll probably glue it in this new pose in the end.

So allow me to present Iomon the Enlightened, leading his Cult of the Awakened during the Accouros Uprising.

gallery_36568_14038_76019.jpg

And then follow that up with:

gallery_36568_14038_20848.jpg

A band of strange grey Pox Walkers about to overwhelm an Imperial position during the Fall of Helmstaad.

Both Armiger are complete

med_gallery_13342_13449_944245.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1715027.jpg

Start of my Khorne Herald for my Daemons, inspired by the Slaughterman from Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun. Just had a headache early today so meant not been able to get much hobby done today :(

med_gallery_13342_13449_692835.jpg

I have two completions.

I was recently forced to relocate - which has seriously hampered my rate of work - but I'm getting into the swing of things here. What I don't have is access to an even remotely decently-lit photography environment. The bases on these two look much better in person - my phone camera light is blowing out the contrast to an absurd degree.

Magnus the Red.

Magnus B

Daemon Prince, Ozugoth the Herald.

Ozugoth A

Apart from the Lord, everything else has been bought & should be built by the end of next weekend. Just with the Lord, I'm now wanting to wait until Black Stone Fortress is out see how I ca convert up the model :D

But here so

The second Daemonkin member of my World Eater. Spent today painting the model. So hopeful get varnish tomorrow & Blood for the Blood god painted along with last bit detail.

med_gallery_13342_13449_37556.jpg

Then got the rest of there squad built between yesterday & today after pick up another AoS Khorne box for the weapon & armour plate. Just waiting on a few other part like the Wrathmonger Icon to arrive.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1708614.jpg

For the squad. The Champion sort been inspired by the Urik Hai from LotR - Two Tower show stand on the rock during the Siege of Helm's Deep.

med_gallery_13342_13449_317210.jpg

But he also base upon this model from the Warhammer World Blood-oath display. As said have theme my warband on this display.

med_gallery_13342_13449_312947.jpg

Then it the same with the unit Icon Bearer

med_gallery_13342_13449_636776.jpg

Wanting base him upon the T face Berskerer with Bolter.

med_gallery_13342_13449_705234.jpg

Then the second & third maulerfiend, both these will get there base sorted during tomorrow. With this lot bought, I'm nearly got the World Eater to 2000pts & ready for there first game in two week time. I just need to sort out three more Berserker so I can bring two unit up to 10 models.

med_gallery_13342_13449_341484.jpg

Then the Herald inspired by Slaughterman from the Storm of Iron & Dead Sky Black Sun novels

med_gallery_13342_13449_1091241.jpg

Insane Psychopath:
1. World Eater Maulerfiend
2. World Eater Maulerfiend
3. World Eater Maulerfiend

4. Cultist for the Iron Warriors (x10) COMPLETE
5. Exalted Champion for the Iron Warriors COMPLETE
6. Exalted Champion for the Iron Warriors COMPLETE
7. World Eater Helbrute COMPLETE
8. World Eater Helbrute COMPLETE
9. World Eater Conemptor Dreadnought COMPLETE
10. World Eater Exalted Champion COMPLETE
11. World Eater Khorne Berserker
12. World Eater Rhino

13. Knight Armiger COMPLETE
14. Knight Armiger COMPLETE
15. Knight Armiger +Complete+
16. Knight Armiger +Complete+
17. Iron Warriors Chaos Marines (x5) COMPLETE
18. Iron Warriors Chaos Marines (x5)
19. Iron Warrior Chaos Lord (x1)
20. Bloodcrusher Daemons (x3)
21. Khorne Skullcannon
22. Herald of Khorne

Pretty much how vow are looking. Strike out once are all there waiting to get built or already built & just waiting for painting :D

med_gallery_63428_9407_705649.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_70361.jpeg

Hazard stripes are so Great Crusade!

My Slaaneshi IW Lord prefers something a little wilder...

med_gallery_63428_9407_49014.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_115301.jpeg

To do:

Eyes

A couple more cables

Leather on axe handle

Plasma coils

Skulls

Slaaneshified IW icon on the tiger-stripe shoulder

Base

Glue arms on - I have them blu-tacked in place now and the gun-arm later sagged from its stretched-out shooting pose...but looked so much better. I’ll probably glue it in this new pose in the end.

I've used the same chaos warrior head for my own warlord. It's really characterful, glad to see how good it looks painted up.

Mine is still in construction and very grey. I've decided I need to cut his legs a bit to get the pose right. Not looking forward to making those cuts!

S2z ECpKOqBptfqq1kXgzBhIGzkWE5vNZ2hp32wYVtA 2048x1152

Just figured out how to work the gallery (sorry, I'm simple), so here is my 'before' picture.

This was post-conversion, before GS filling and undercoating.

I splattered the first bits of colour on the first 3 guys last night, I'll post a pic once I've got all the basic colours blocked out.