Loishy's 1st and 5th compagny

Loishy

So I have been working for 3 or 4 years on my Blood Angels army. As I'm a very slow painter, this project is not finish at all, but I'm still going to show you the "few" thing already done. 

I don't remenber why I have started painting the 5th compagny and not another one. Maybe because the single black drop on the red shoulder pad look better than a white/yellow/ green one. 

Summary

5th comapagny 

Captain
Primaris Captain 1
Primaris Captain 2

1st Lieutenant
2de Lieutenant

Chaplain 1 
Chaplain 2

Techmarine

Librarian
Primaris Librarian

Imperial Space Marine

Company Ancient 
Company Champion
Sanguinary Novitiates
Company veterans squad
Command Razorback

1st tactical squad
2de tactical squad
3rd tactical squad
4th tactical squad
5th Intercessor squad
6th Intercessor squad

7th assault squad
8th assault squad

9th devastator squad
10th devastator squad

1st Dreadnought
2nd Dreadnought
3rd Dreadnought
5th Dreadnought

Family photos 

5th Company

Edited by Loishy
Tags

Let's start with the first tactical squad and their razorback.

52225129774_fa36040541_c.jpg
52223851007_9956d2b782_c.jpg

52225129534_5a2a4932ae_c.jpg

On 12/15/2019 at 12:09 PM, Majkhel said:

Very precise painting! And lovely bases as well. Dynamic poses of the 1st SQUAD are very thematic.
As a fellow 5th companeer, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do you plan on adding Primaris in accordance with the DoB and BoB lore?

Thanks ! 

I have started this project before Angels Blade and the first 5th compagny destruction, so I have 80% of classic space marine in my compagny. After Dark Imperium and Devastation of Baal and the new lore, I decided to not buy the last 2 tactical squads and use intercessor squads instead. If I add other primaris units, they will be auxiliary squads with the number 11, 12, etc ... Or in the 10th compagny for Vanguard Primaris. 

Edited by Loishy

Let’s continue with the 2de Tactical squad and their razorback

52225129759_2bf5f136ee_c.jpg

52223850987_c78bbf954b_c.jpg

52247632658_431241c0ac_c.jpg

I have more time today, so I going to speak a little bit about this two first squads.

For the tactical squad number 1, I used assault space marine legs after seeing an awesome Flesh Tearer squad built like that in an old white dwarf. I find that fit well with the Blood Angels temperament : a simple tactical squad who takes and holds some position.

For the both squads, I tried to mix Blood Angels and classic Space Marines bits, because I didn’t want to shiny tactical squads and I want to show that Blood Angels are almost regular Marines. The herald of this two squads was very easy to do, the black drop is the yellow one in every space marine transfert sheet repainted in black and the small skull in the knee come from the Skitarii Ranger transfert sheet.

I gave a heavy Bolter to each squad because I like to play them as middle objectif holders. It’s a cheap weapon and with the 3 shots even if the squad moves it can make some damages. I used the one in the sternguard veteran box for the 1st squad and the blood angels one for the 2de, they look like more mobile weapon than the devastator heavy Bolter. Perfect for the tactical squads. I always play the sergents with storm Bolter and  Chainsword but the sergents magnet in their wrist for easily change their equipment, just in case. Same for the special weapon bearer.

The bases represent a desert ground as Baal and its moons are juste gigantic radioactive desert.

Not mutch to say about the razorbacks, I really like these are ForgeWorld turrets. The top is not glued if I want to play them as rhino, but it never happened.

Edited by Loishy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ! 

I'm going to continue to feed this topic with the third tactical squad (and as always with their razorback) 

52225129744_7ea4b18016_c.jpg

52224870978_bafebff41f_c.jpg

52224870813_8d27e2ab35_c.jpg

Not much to say, as the previous squads, I used bits from lot of different kits : classic tactical squad, Blood Angels tactical squad, Death company, etc ... This one have a Lascannon as heavy weapon, I find it is a nice way to ad anti-tank weapon and complete troops choices.

I wanted that my razorbacks are uniform, so a I also used the Forge world turret for the twin-linked Lascannon options. 

Edited by Loishy

These look great! Really nice and crisp painting. What red have you gone for, looks like Evil Sunz Scarlett? What's next to be painted?

I like the Forgeworld turrets, they are just a bit expensive for me as you can get the plastic versions for cheaper (although the forgeworld ones do look better).

On 1/3/2020 at 11:52 PM, Mostwanted said:

These look great! Really nice and crisp painting. What red have you gone for, looks like Evil Sunz Scarlett? What's next to be painted?

Yes, it is Evil Sunz Scarlett. But I use befor a Mephiston red base, or more recently a blood angel red base. 

And now the 8th assault squad without jump pack and again their Razorback :

52223851067_824eb9c67e_c.jpg

52225341500_046a71978e_c.jpg

52246633747_844da453c6_c.jpg

Even if the Blood Angels are the "Jump pack guys" know, I wanted remind that this chapter also love the fast motorized assault with razorback. That is why I built this squad on foot. I don't think they still can be usefull on the table but I hope find a way to play them. 

Edited by Loishy

• 2 weeks later...

Last squad of the half of the company, the 9th devastator squad, and their alternative weapons with their razorback. 

52224871043_33da0a8fee_c.jpg

52224856011_26092ee490_c.jpg

52247896659_a25b2fbc88_c.jpg

Initially there was 3 heavy flamer and 1 Multi-Meta in the squad. The plan was to play them in a drop pod during the 7th edition. But I paint to slowly, and I finished  them one or two months after the beginning of the 8th edition. So I painted the four missile launcher at the beginning of the last year. As I have already few lascanon on my razorbacks and my tactical squads, I'am rather satisfied with those weapons. 

Next time I gonna to show you the few alternative heavy weapons of my tactical squads, and then it will be the characters turn to conclude the half of this company. 

Edited by Loishy

Some alternativ heavy weapon of my tactical squads : 

49332060723_c379c39657_c.jpg

During the 7th edition I played very often two or three tactical squads with 10 space marines in drop pods. Always with a heavy flamer, a melta gun and a sergent with two inferno pistols. I split the squad in two combat squads : One with the heavy flamer and one with the meltas. I really liked those squads, they blew up a lot of vehicles and burned many heretic. It's sad to not see anymore heavy flamers, 10 man squad or drop pod on the table.

Today it's the captain's turn : 

52223850867_49cd3eab27_c.jpg

I build this miniature with in mind a conversion of the 5th edition's codex. I don't know if you see which one, I didn't find any picture online. I used a lot of different plastic kits : 
- Death company for the legs and one Shoulder Pad

- Sanguinary guard for the buddy

- Plastic space marine captain for the back and the backpack 
- Vanguard veteran for the arms and the weapons 

- Blood Angels Upgrade Pack for the head

I put magnets on the weapons to switch them but I only play this captain for the aura bonus. So he has almost always this chainsword and the bolt pistol (sometimes a Stromshield.) 

Edited by Loishy

Now, the first lieutenant, know as "the Sword of Sanguinius" (see Blood Angles codex) 

52224855896_14bd67aab8_c.jpg

As the captain, I used a lot of different kits on him and I put magnet in the weapon. But as the captain, I always play him in this configuration. He stay in the back line to give his aura bonus and use is cheap storm Bolter for few shots. At the start of the 8 edition, I try to play him with a heavy flamers devastator squad in a razorback. But this strategy only works once, after it is too predictable. 

Edited by Loishy