The Royal Awakening: Rouse Your Legions

NTaW

Can I declare the 20 warriors as my build vow? We go away Thursday and don't arrive back before Saturday. Can safely say I won't get anything else painted :smile.:

Tonight I'll get the other 20 reaper warriors built and they plus the rest of indom will form my first "proper" vow?

For clarity, are you asking to add 10 Warriors to your completed first vow or make a second vow of 20 Warriors (some that you've been working on)?

hes done!

What a gloriously grimdark model! Will there be more to follow?

I'm sorry to hear of shipping woes though I suppose that's just they way of things at the moment. Hopefully all of you get your stuff soon! :tu: I havent gotten any paints required for my NewCrons but I at least have plenty primed in the pile of sha-- I mean collection of models carefully prepared for an event :sweat:

Mithril, thank you very much I'm sorry that you're in full lockdown though that's rubbish :sad.:whereabouts are you? Hope you get your newcrons sooner than that dude.

Triszin that looks great!

I'm from Downunder..Melbourne ,Australia.. apparently all the bogans (aussie version of a redneck :tongue.: ) are not staying home when they have covid so the state is at level 4 lockdown, it's for our own good really, stop the idiots from killing themselves and others...

Triszn, very nice monochrome Necron!, love the skull and basing. 

Mithril

Apologies NTaW for my sleepy lack of clarity :D

I have painted 20 warriors, could I have those as my build vow?

For my first "proper" vow - starting this Saturday - I'd like to declare a set of Indomitus plus 6 extra scarabs bases. They are now built and ready to rock. (1040 points I believe?)

Hope that makes sense and apologies for the confusion.

Ah mithril, I get that. I hope it works and it calms down soon. It's been a crazy year for sure. Hopefully 2021 will be better!

Edited by 01RTB01

Can I declare the 20 warriors as my build vow? We go away Thursday and don't arrive back before Saturday. Can safely say I won't get anything else painted :smile.:

Tonight I'll get the other 20 reaper warriors built and they plus the rest of indom will form my first "proper" vow?

For clarity, are you asking to add 10 Warriors to your completed first vow or make a second vow of 20 Warriors (some that you've been working on)?

hes done!

What a gloriously grimdark model! Will there be more to follow?

I'm sorry to hear of shipping woes though I suppose that's just they way of things at the moment. Hopefully all of you get your stuff soon! :tu: I havent gotten any paints required for my NewCrons but I at least have plenty primed in the pile of sha-- I mean collection of models carefully prepared for an event :sweat:

Atm.he is the only necron I have.

I have no immediate plans to do more, but it just might be a nice refresher to do one every once in a while and slowly have a none grey plastic stuff :)

I found a pot of basing paints that hadn't separated and did my Overlord. Came back after it dried to find it was the old Martian paint, not the new one, so I scraped it all off. Should be able to go to the FLGS tomorrow (I hope) so I might be able to make progress after that.

Didn't realise this was a thing and got ahead of myself a bit with some painted Warriors and Warden, but luckily my next set of stuff to work on is only primed, so I'll join in!

• Skorpekh Lord (130)
  • 3 Skorpekh Destroyers with Plasmacyte (135)
  • 10 Warriors with Gauss Flayers (120)
  • 3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms (45)
  • Canoptek Reanimator (110)

For a total of 540 Points

gallery_84244_11417_397574.jpg

(I also have another 3 Skorpekh Destroyers and Plasmacyte that I assume can't be included as they've got a couple of base colours on but do correct me if necessary!)

gallery_84244_11417_228091.jpg

Just to put out for new joiners and re-vowers:

The main painting event starts tomorrow, so if you're making your first vow today maybe hold off 24 hours if you can wait.

(Sorry I will respond to outstanding questions it's just a busy time for me right now.)

Edited by NTaW

Since I just can't seem to make it to my computer I'll do my best from my phone.

01RTB01 I will alter your first vow to be 20 Warriors. Moving forward I will post an example Vow in the painting event's thread so there is a better template to follow. You will have 4 remaining Vows. :tu:

Halandaar, how about this since they already have a few colours on them: if you finish those Destroyers by 12pm EST tomorrow they can count as your first Vow and since they were done during the build time they earn the Scarab badge addition. Then we count your 2nd Vow as being the other unpainted stuff tomorrow when the painting event starts. Sound like a fun game? :lol:

To that end, this announcement is for all participants:

Any Vows gunning for the Scarab badge must be completed and posted by 12pm EST tomorrow, which is when I will close this thread and start the main event thread.

The master list of Vows will be moved and continued in that thread. Any incomplete Vows will still be in progress and all point totals are cumulative throughout the event. The only thing you miss out on is the tantalizing little Scarab addition to the badge you receive at the end of the event.

Any questions I'll do my best to answer promptly.

Overlord (Painted)

Well, here he is!

Not the best I can possibly do, but "the perfect is the enemy of the good" as they say, and I've a second one waiting for my final vow. :whistling:

Surprisingly, this is the first time I've painted a model and not had it look substantially worse on-screen, so clearly I'm doing something right! Definitely loving my new modus operandi of using Contrast as a basecoat and then using normal GW paints over the top: it may not actually be quicker than multiple thin coats of a normal Base paint, but it sure as heck feels more productive and keeps me motivated!

toaae, I'm loving the blue-orange contrast on your guys, it really pops!

01RTB01, really liking the glow effects on your guys, much bolder than GW's Sautekh scheme, works really well.

Nemesor Tyriks, I can hardly believe how fast you got these guys to tabletop standard! I really like how your scarabs aren't all identically-painted, may have to try that myself.

I'll be posting my second vow in the next day or so, just need to figure out how much to go with - Thanks to buying 2 Indomitus boxes and an extra twenty warriors, I've got just shy of 100 Necrons waiting for me...

10 warriors done, rearisen of the Khansu Dynasty! (And appropriated from the Naculan. I should not want to be in the way of The Sunderer’s wrath when he finds out—or Sundering Wrath, either).

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Next for this scheme will be the disgraced Prince Rakszan himself, in a similar but more ornate scheme.
Then we may get into some proper lore-building!

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Wow! Really like them, the green is great.

I've been painting a little on my new ones but have so many other irons in the fire I haven't taken or posted any pics, but soon.

Ever bodies armies look great, keep up the steam.

Woo completions!! Great job Anticontrarian and Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch those models look great!! :tu: Anticontrarian you know you're proud of a model when it becomes your profile pic. Love it when this happens. Lenoch that blue is great is that a wash over silver?

As for me I finally completed my single model, though I had to put in 10m a day and get up early today (it's 7am as I post this) it's done!!

50202138217_d06fc58737_z.jpg

50201330263_70c2916d6c_z.jpg

I've got to go into work so the snow hasn't fallen on the base yet and I haven't rimmed the base in black. If I have time before swapping the threads I'll post up better pics of this little dude (with snow).

Now what to make my 2nd Vow later on today...hmm...Doom Scythes? Flayed Ones? Deathmarks? Unfortunately I only have 4 Lychguard left to paint so that rules them out since they aren't a legal unit at that size. Maybe I'll send my LGS a message about what Contrast they have in stock because my blue recipie takes EONS to paint even quickly and confidently by comparison to, say, Tyriks finishing the whole darn Indomitus set overnight :lol: I could probably paint a squad instead of doing that specific scheme on a single staff of light.

Halandaar, how about this since they already have a few colours on them: if you finish those Destroyers by 12pm EST tomorrow they can count as your first Vow and since they were done during the build time they earn the Scarab badge addition. Then we count your 2nd Vow as being the other unpainted stuff tomorrow when the painting event starts. Sound like a fun game? :laugh.:

Challenged Accepted. And Completed!

gallery_84244_11417_134158.jpg