=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

@Jaipii, thanks brother! I admit I'm recently having a lot of fun adding various colors to theoretically monochromatic schemes :)
I'm certain your RG would readily accept some spots of color too ;)
Speaking of RG, your Centurion is awesome! You are really throwing another gear in you skills. Great build too. Mind sharing how you upscaled him?

@Jaipii, thanks brother! I admit I'm recently having a lot of fun adding various colors to theoretically monochromatic schemes :smile.:

I'm certain your RG would readily accept some spots of color too :wink:

Speaking of RG, your Centurion is awesome! You are really throwing another gear in you skills. Great build too. Mind sharing how you upscaled him?

There's half a grav gun under the marine's feet. Those Centurions look waaaaay better proportioned with that leg extension!

I managed to take a break from painting tiny mechs just long enough to get the Reaver from January finished. 

WAv9dg8.jpg

Sorry I've been gone so long, brothers, the last two months have been pretty crazy. :sweat:

I didn't forget though, one model a month. Let's see if I can put one together at the last minute!

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of February, I pledge to complete One (1) Poxwalker of the Hollow Knights Warband by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_126459.jpg

Forgive the double post, I've had to really speedrun this guy.

Vow complete, now I've got to get ready for work again. :sweat: :cry:

Apparently retail never sleeps, forget has a day off :laugh.:

gallery_46204_9220_64278.jpg

I love having half-completed poxwalkers around for the difficult months, dunno what I'll do when I run out of them:laugh.:

Cross-posting from the Anger and Arrogance thread, I've now also completed the Bonesinger and Farseer Skyrunner from my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_43033.jpg

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer
  • Asuryani - Warlock
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2
  • Asuryani - War Walker
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord

I, sibomots, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete Black Templar Keep Project by month's end.

[ snip]

Juggling the crusade with the other server thing and this 12MOH caused mayhem.   I'm going to take the hit on this, but it won't be long before I can catch up.   In due time, it'll all make sense.

I have finished my What If Challenge model, so that is one model done in February.

gallery_29932_13153_107752.jpg

However the rest of my vowed models (Commander and both Ghostkeels with their drones) will need to be revowed for March. I have done work on all of them, but none are in a finished state. Maybe 40% ish, the large details are mostly done, but the small detail work has not.

Edited by Trokair

My Terminator pledge for the month has seen me (not so well) trying some Greenstuff. tabard hanging between legs, and incantations scroll hanging down the Thunderhammer. Bulking out the shoulder pad also. Some chain and some bits attached also. I try to give even my standard troop some 'details', they are after all, individuals!

First attempt, waiting for it to set properly, then ill snip away some bits to give it the battle worn look.

Some progress phots;

@Grotsmasha, Im going to shift this into March. Once done, hopefully will set the template to full squads.

I, Cleon, Continue on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 5 Grey Knight Interceptors, an Ironstrider and 10 Tzaangoats by month's end. I also am painting a Black Templar Bladeguard who I hope to get done.

BTDW1

March2

March1

Edited by Cleon

@Jaipii, thanks brother! I admit I'm recently having a lot of fun adding various colors to theoretically monochromatic schemes :)

I'm certain your RG would readily accept some spots of color too ;)

There's half a grav gun under the marine's feet. Those Centurions look waaaaay better proportioned with that leg extension!

Thank you very much! :Yes:

@TPS nicely spotted that Grav gun part! ;) The leg extensions are 2x halves of the Grav Amp bit. I'll be using the other halves for a second model (they look great too).

@Majkhel I've already added some red and gold there! I want it painted black! :D Seriously though some more colour would be great. Nothing too flashy though, because my Marines are stealthy boys ;)

The Centurion conversion in short:

1) Parts of the original legs under the Marines boots have been clipped and filed off.

2) Leg extenders glued under the Marines boots (half of Grav gun +green stuff balls as connectors to the feet)

3) The one-piece shin guards have been separated to make them two-piece

4) The upper body (torso) has been narrowed (hobby saw +file)

5) The shoulder pads and and head have been raised (small green stuff balls)

6) The weapon cables have been bent/filed/clipped a little bit to fit the more dynamic pose of arms. A little bit of green stuff was needed to fit the arms to the upper body

See this amazing tutorial on YouTube how to make it happen. Make Centurions look great by Jack of Clubs Painting!

I've mostly followed the tutorial, only small adjustments.

Edited by Jaipii

Well if we're doing March vows too, then I'll also lodge my next Anger and Arrogance vow here! :biggrin.:

For my next vow, I'll go for Two Autarchs (one foot, one with Swooping Hawks Wings) for a total of 11 Power. And i'll be assembling then however looks coolest because to hell with kit-locked loadouts!

gallery_84244_17310_171147.jpg

Done.

gallery_141590_16070_124873.jpg

I, Dwango, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of march pledge to complete 10 Wraithguard for Craftworld Mymeara by month's end.

February Summary

Heading into the second month of the Challenge for 2022, 34 of us took up the challenge to complete at least one model for February, pledging 330 models between us. Of those 34 Frater, 26 of us completed the challenge and 287 models, leaving 8 Frater earning the Next Month Badge for February.

We've also had 9 submissions for the What If? sub-challenge, the first of the four Challenge+ challenges. Valkia the Bloody is leading the way with two completed entries of Datasheet and finished models.

I have streamlined awarding the Badges a little compared to previous years, and have begun adding Badges earned in the first post of each Month as Completions are made. Please feel free to add them to your Signatures as you see them appear each month.

gallery_48988_15094_1196.png gallery_48988_15094_792.png gallery_48988_15094_4290.png gallery_48988_15094_7590.png gallery_48988_15094_6770.png sml_gallery_48988_16821_4352.png

Ace Debonair (Last Minute, Speed Daemon)

Anticontrarian (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Boc (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent (Last Minute, Speed Daemon)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

Doobles88 (Artificer, Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Focslain (Artificer, Seriously)

Gribbles (Artificer)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

guardian31 (Artificer)

Halandaar (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Heraclite (Artificer)

Jaipii (Artificer)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer)

Rogue (Artificer)

Slave to Darkness (Artificer, Seriously)

toaae (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

TPS (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously, Stubborn)

Trokair (Artificer)

Valkia the Bloody (Artificer, Seriously)

war009 (Artificer, Seriously)

Youngwolf7 (Artificer, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_7152.png

consriptboris

Custom Hero

Danny Cyanide

Jackalwolf

Miek

Shard of Magnus

sibomots

gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

Once again, some very good models in contention this month for the Favouite, shout-outs to Gribbles, Majkhel, TPS, and Jaipii, but this month Dwango's amazing Avatar of Khaine claims my Favourite model for the month.

gallery_141590_16070_124873.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

March

gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1911.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1273.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Ace Debonair - 1 Adepta Sororitas Seraphim (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

andes -

Aeternus -

Anticontrarian - 1 TS Aspiring Sorcerer, 20 Death Korps of Krieg

Arkhanist -

Arkothosius -

Boc - 1 Legion champion, 5 Boarding Marines, 1 Rapier Quad Mortar, 2 Mortar Crew

Brother Argent - 1 Primaris Lieutenant, 1 Farseer, 5 Dire Avengers (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon - 5 Grey Knight Interceptors, 1 Ironstrider, 10 Tzaangoats, 3 Black Templar Bladeguard (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris - 1 Terminator (Stubborn) (Artificer)

Custom Hero - 1 Ogryn Armsman (Stubborn)

Danny Cyanide -

Doobles88 - 2 Necron Canoptek Spyders

Dwango - 5 Wraithguard (Seriously, Last Minute)

Etheneus -

Focslain - 1 Ethereal (Stubborn)

Gribbles -

Grotsmasha - 1 Royal Warden, 1 Crypto-thrall, 1 Plasmacyte, 5 Warriors, 1 Scarab Swarm, Sly Marbo (Artificer, Seriously, Speed Daemon, Last Minute)

guardian31 - 1 Warpsmith, 1 DarkApostle (Artificer, Seriously)

Halandaar - 2 Aeldari Autarchs, Jain Zar, 5 Howling Banshees, 1 War Walker (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Heraclite - 1 Reiver Lieutenant (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jackalwolf - 5 Grey Slayers (Stubborn)

Jaipii - 2 Assault Centurions

Jolemai - 1 Daemonette Champion, 1 Inquisitor, 1 Attack Bike, re-touch 9 bikes (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Lord Ikka - 1 Primaris LT, 1 Phobos Captain, 3 Inceptors, 4 Assault Intercessors, 2 Victrix Guard, 1 Impulsor transport, What If? 5 Black Sentinals (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - 1 Havoc, 5 Terminators, 2 Chaos Spawn (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Majkhel - 2 Invader ATVs (Artificer, Seriously)

Magat the Cursed -

Miek - 1 Nurgle Soulgrinder

Rogue - 1 GSC Sanctus (Artificer, Seriously)

Shard of Magnus -

sibomots - 1 Templar Keep (Stubborn)

Skywrath -

Slaves to Darkness -

Slyen -

Tawnis -

toaae -

the_balloon_dog -

ThePenitentOne - 7

TPS - 1 Autauch (Artificer)

Trokair - 1 Commander Battlesuit, 2 Ghostkeel Battlesuits, 4 Drones (Stubborn)(Artificer, Seriously)

Valkia the Bloody - 1 Praetor, 5 Terminators, Fabius Bile, 1 minion (Artificer, Seriously)

war009 - 1 Grey Knight Stormhawk Interceptor (Artificer, Seriously)

Wolf Guard Einar - 3 Flamestorm Aggressors, 1 Judicier, 5 Intercessors, 1 Crimson Fist Captain (Artificer, Last Minute)

Youngwolf7 - 1 Nob, 1 Big Shootaz, 9 Boyz, 1 Big Shoota, 1 Boy (Artificer, Last Minute)

Challenge+

What If?

Arkhanist - GSC Hybrids => Chapter Armsmen - Datasheet / Model

Custom Hero - The Living Saint => Deathwatch - Datasheet / Model

Danny Cyanide - Plasma Inceptors => Orks - Datasheet / Model

Grotsmasha - Assault Intercessors => Tau Blade Warrior Battlesuits - Datasheet / Model

Lord Ikka - Inquisition Black Sentinals - Datasheet / Model

ThePenitentOne - Primogenitor Kill Teams - Datasheet / Model

Trokair - Bladeguard Veterans => Tau - Datasheet / Model

Valkia the Bloody - Hex Mark Destroyer => Chaos - Datasheet / Model

war009 - Space Marine Scouts => Grey Knight Squires - Datasheet / Model

Plogging Along Pledges for 2022

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, 1 Fuel Pipe, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Dwango - 1+ 30K Dark Angels

Focslain - WH40k Collection: Imperium

Grotsmasha - Indomitus Necrons

Halandaar - 1 Spiritseer, 1 Warlock, Illic Nightspear (JAN), Jain Zar, 5 Howling Banshees, 1 War Walker (APR), 1 Farseer Skyrunner, 1 Bonesinger, 5 Wraithblades, 2 Support Platforms, Wraithlord

Jolemai - 1 x Herald of Slaanesh (proxy), 1 x Daemonette Champion (proxy) (MAR), 9 x Daemonettes (proxy), 1 x Zarakynel (proxy)

Lord Ikka - 15 Necron Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte, 1 Necron Overlord, 3 Scarab bases, 5 Flayed Ones, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Heavy Lohkust Destroyer, 1 Canoptek Doomstalker, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 10 Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 5 Lychguard, Grohh'Yod the Bleak-Host (Nightbringer counts-as), 9 Assault Intercessors, 3 Aggressors, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Impulsor, 2 Victrix Guard, 16 Black Sentinels of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica (Palanite Enforcers/Subjugators), Luther-pattern Ambot

Llygos_Tyrant - 1,000pts Firstborn Ultramarines, 1,000pts Iron Warriors, 1,500pts Necrons

Magat the Cursed - 1,000pts Necrons

Shard of Magnus - Horus the Warmaster, Maloghurst, 1 Praetor, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 9 Outriders, 6 Jetbikes, and 2 Sicarans

Slyen - 1/2 Battle Company

toaae - 6 Adepta Sororitas (JAN), 6 Adepta Sororitas, 2 Mortifiers, 1 Exorcist, 9 Repentia, 1 Repentia Superior, 5 Seraphim (or Zephyrim, I don't know yet), 1 Morvenn Vahl

Trokair - 1+ Aeronautica Imerpialis

war009 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (JAN), 1 Priest, 5 Alcolytes, 1 Servo-skull

Participants on the Randomizer List

Edited by Grotsmasha

Another cross-post here, but I've somehow already completed my March vow! I only intended to put initial colours down on these Autarchs but I'm having a lot of fun painting at the moment and figured I might as well ride that enthusiasm while I have it!

For my next vow, I'll go for Two Autarchs (one foot, one with Swooping Hawks Wings) for a total of 11 Power. And i'll be assembling then however looks coolest because to hell with kit-locked loadouts!

gallery_84244_17310_171147.jpg

Vow Complete!

gallery_84244_17310_151176.jpg

The banner on the foot Autarch is staying blank for now as I haven't thought about a Craftworld rune yet that would be the obvious thing to put there.

Had an unexpectedly crazy month that prevented me from doing much painting. Still, managed to get my two Obliterators updated and finished my 6 Scarabs.

51912791669_96eb161b42.jpg51911509957_6cec5b6f5b.jpg

For now, I'm carrying over the remnants of my previous vow into March (5 Ultramarine Devastators,1 Iron Warrior Havoc, 5 Iron Warriors Terminators). Will have to try to get them done quickly to make way for starting to paint my WFB Dark Elves before an event in late April.