=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

@Grotsmasha, Im going to shift this into March. Once done, hopefully will set the template to full squads.

March Vow Complete!

HH Terminator

1st Legion Terminator

1st Legion Terminator

First time trying Green Stuff, lots to learn! Weathering on a figure this small was more challenging, I'm going to change the method slightly for the other 9 members of the squad (which I hope to vow in April). However I need to finish my vows for Sons of Dawn Expansion VIII and Anger & Arrogance!.

Had various family related challenges this month, so my vowed models will not all be completed. However, I have finished the first 5 of the pledged 15 lads complete:

Shoota-Boyz-Batch01-group1.jpg

The paint gods be willing, I'll get the next 5 done before the end of the month.

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 5 Sons of Horus MkIII Marines by month's end.

Have to revise this to 5 Intercessors.

20220327 194226

20220327 194244

20220327 194300

Last 5 of Squad II of the IV Company.

20220327 194402

Squad II of the IV Company complete.

20220327 194409

Redid the Sergeants Ultra symbol on the fist.

I have my Crimson Fists Captain to do not sure I can get it finished before the 1st but what the hell :)

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete Crimson Fists Captain by month's end.

20220322 133508

Okay so I have completed the Lt (about a week ago) and will get pics up tomorrow when I have daylight to make the best of my bad photo skills. For now, however, I would like to also vow the first part of my Anger and Arrogance vow in the form of 5 Dire Avengers.

gallery_36568_17249_31327.jpg

Whilst I only have a couple days the wonderful Rona has finally caught up to me (as the rest of my family is released...) so I will have plenty of time...

So I missed daylight and so ended up with atrocious photos but, there was a win:

gallery_36568_17249_32007.jpg

The Primaris Lt complete, as well as:

gallery_36568_17249_55672.jpg

(Dire) Avengers ASSEMBLE! These photos are absolute trash and the Dire avengers armour looks so much better in person. Still, something feels off with their colour scheme. I think its the lack of warm colours. I threw in some reds on the back light sensor thingy as well as the tassels on some of their charms but I think its more to do with the face. Will get better pics up tomorrow or the day after, as well as redo all the ones from last month that I could only put up links etc for as they are some of the models I am most proud of and I am sad that I never got good pictures of them.

Anyway, with only a couple of days in the month to go I need to make up for lost time so I, Brother Argent, vow to complete my farseer that I also vowed for the Anger and Arrogance challenge.

gallery_36568_17249_51631.jpg

Since this pic he has been chewed on and stomped on by toddlers and small children. Poor bugger. But I have mostly recovered him and now he shall rose to lead my Aeldari host.

In the middle of a house move so not going to be cocky with my vow for March. Two models. I can do this. (Also this is the third month with a different army's models as my vow. This is why I never finish a full force for anything.)

I, Doobles88, vow to complete in the month of March two Necron Canoptek Spyders.

ORqlZMgl.jpg

Hobby time has been at a premium this month and I just can't get motivated to finish these at the moment. Sadly going to have to roll them over to a future month and find a new thing for April that I can get enthusiastic about.

In the middle of a house move so not going to be cocky with my vow for March. Two models. I can do this. (Also this is the third month with a different army's models as my vow. This is why I never finish a full force for anything.)

I, Doobles88, vow to complete in the month of March two Necron Canoptek Spyders.

ORqlZMgl.jpg

Hobby time has been at a premium this month and I just can't get motivated to finish these at the moment. Sadly going to have to roll them over to a future month and find a new thing for April that I can get enthusiastic about.

No stress, looking forward to seeing what you choose :tu:

I have my Crimson Fists Captain to do not sure I can get it finished before the 1st but what the hell :smile.:

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete Crimson Fists Captain by month's end.

20220330 203524

20220330 203532

20220330 203541

My vow is complete.

I present Captain Isidore Haleous of the 4th Company.

Time to prepare for April.

Okay so still not amazing photos (down to lighting and camera movement/focus as I need a proper light box and tripod but:

Firstly - last months that I only got crappy photos of:

gallery_36568_17249_28181.jpg

Plague Marines

gallery_36568_17249_106074.jpg

Grotz (I am really happy with these guys. Even down to the grey camo on several of them)

gallery_36568_17249_28911.jpg

The Windrider.

I haven't retaken the pics of the completed parts of my Plodding Along Vow (The Fuel Pipe, Thermo Exchanger Shrine and Aegis Defence line) as I will redo those when I am closer to finishing the whole vow. Speaking of which I didn't get any of it done this month which isn't great. But onto what I have achieved this month which is:

gallery_36568_17249_61658.jpg

Primaris Lt.

gallery_36568_17249_18609.jpg

Dire Avengers (Still not best pic to capture their colour. Just cant seem to get it right. But this is far closer then the last pic.

And finally:

gallery_36568_17249_14865.jpggallery_36568_17249_4697.jpg

My Farseer. Really happy with this guy. Probably the happiest I have been with a model, particularly one this badly abused, in a long time. From the green glaze over the runes on his base that makes them look slightly glowing to the Aeldari Rune script on his cloak, which from the lexicon I found spells "Ye-Toth Eternal" stating the defiance and resilience of his Craftworld. He looked like Spock with the black hair to begin with so I needed to rework that a little but looks alright now. This guy is basically the Eldrad Ulthuan of my Craftworld's narrative so I wanted him to look special. For anyone familar of my Star Leopards fluff this is the guy you convinced the Chapter Master to blow up Argentis so he is a pretty important guy. I hope my slight conversion and painting have made him seem that way.

Now to figure out what and how to do for April. I need to get marines done for the Dorn Expansion but at the same time I lack a required paint so may focus on my Eldar or Chaos for the Anger and Arrogance. And I will need to squeeze in some terrain this month.

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer
  • Asuryani - Warlock
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2
  • Asuryani - War Walker
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord

During this month I also completed Jain Zar, Howling Banshees and War Walker from my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_165409.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_45807.jpg

That just leaves me with the Wraithlord and the Support Weapons to complete.

WooHoo!

March challenge done!

Mach Challenge 2022 Mod

So this is a lot of achievements rolled up into one:

- It is the most models I've painted in a month since 2010

- It is the longest I've successfully managed to maintain a 12 Months of Hobby Challenge- last year (my first attempt at 12 months) I fell of the radar after February

- It is the second Thresher Fire Team; this means I can actually fight an entire GSC KT vs. and entire Thresher Team

Thanks for motivating me to chip further away at the grey pile of shame. I will post my April challenges tomorrow... Or perhaps after midnight tonight if I'm still up. I probably will be: I need to finish the Primogenitor Cult rules for my Challenge + and I'm still hoping I can pull off a Sumpheap Scrap challenge.

March Summary

March is done, and with it, the first Quarter of 2022. 31 Frater picked up the brush once more, and hit their painting desks in March. Of the 31, 25 of us managed to complete the Challenge, leaving just 6 Frater earning the Next Month badge for March. Together we pledged 161 models for March, and completed 130 of those models.

This month we see the introduction of the first upgraded badges for 2022. If March is the third time you have earned a specific Badge, you are now entitled to upgrade from Black to Bronze for all future months for that badge.

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png

gallery_48988_15094_7762.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13390.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_16769.png gallery_48988_15094_6223.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13750.png

Ace Debonair (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Boc (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris (Stubborn) (Artificer)

Custom Hero (Stubborn)

Dwango (Seriously, Last Minute)

Focslain (Stubborn)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously, Speed Daemon, Last Minute)

guardian31 (Artificer, Seriously)

Halandaar (Artificer, Speed Daemon)

Heraclite (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jolemai (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Majkhel (Artificer, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer, Seriously)

ThePenitentOne (Artificer, Seriously)

TPS (Artificer)

Trokair (Stubborn)(Artificer, Seriously)

Valkia the Bloody (Artificer, Seriously)

war009 (Artificer, Seriously)

Wolf Guard Einar (Artificer, Last Minute)

Youngwolf7 (Artificer, Last Minute)

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1273.png

(31)

Anticontrarian

Doobles88

Jackalwolf

Jaipii

Miek

sibomots

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

Once again, many great completions and a hard choice for this months Favourite pick. Shout out to YoungWolf7' and the outstanding yellow on those Orks, but for March, Halandaar's excellent Aeldari have claimed my Favourite, that bone is amaze-balls, well done.

Hidden Content

gallery_84244_17310_165409.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

April

sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_2576.png gallery_48988_15094_2995.png gallery_48988_15094_1516.png gallery_48988_15094_1847.png gallery_48988_15094_4892.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_2200.png gallery_48988_15094_5099.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1911.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_7207.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Ace Debonair - 1 Sister Repentia

andes - Drazhar, 20 Snagga Boyz (Artificer)

Aeternus -

Anticontrarian -

Arkhanist -

Arkothosius -

Boc - 1 Warpsmith, 1 Mortar, 2 Crew, (Speed Daemon) 5 Raptors, 1 Vindicator (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Brother Argent - 5 Intercessors, 5 Helblasters, 1 Ironclad Dreadnaught, 4 Windriders (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Cleon - 1 Nemisis Dreadknight, 5 Pteraxii Sterylizors, Ahrirman, 5 Rubrics (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

consriptboris -

Custom Hero - 1 INQ28 Taurian

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - 1 Outrider, 1 Landspeeder Storm, 2 Tarantula turrets

Danny Cyanide -

Doobles88 -

Dwango - 5 Wraithguard (Stubborn) 5 Troupe, 1 Troupe Master, 1 Webway Gate, 2 Wraithlords, 1 Pheonix Bomber, 1 Cobra, 1 Lynx (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Etheneus -

Focslain -

Gribbles -

Grotsmasha - 1 AT Imperial Knight, Syll'Esske, The Vengeful Allegiance, 10 Daemonettes, Inquisitor Coteaz, 3 Paragon Warsuits, 10 Adepta Sororitas, 1 Succubus, 10 Mandrakes (Artificer, Seriously)

guardian31 - 1 Chaos Sorceror (Artificer)

Halandaar - Maughan Ra, 5 Dark Reapers (Artificer, Seriously)

Heraclite - 1 wounded Guardsman (Artificer, Last Minute)

Jackalwolf -

Jaipii -

Jolemai - 3 Daemonettes, 8 Terminators (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Lamebeard - 4 Guardsmen (Artificer, Stubborn)

Lord Ikka - 6 Skorpekh Destroyers, 2 Canoptek Plasmacytes, 5 Lychguard, 3 Necron Warriors, 1 Luther-Pattern Excavation Automa, 5 Black Sentinels (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - 6 Necron Scarabs, 5 Devastators, 1 Night Lords Legionnaire, 1 Teleport Homer, 1 Navigator, 1 Chapter Champion, Marneus Calgar in Terminator Armour, Chapter Ancient, Chaplain with Jump Pack, Cato Sicarius (Artificer, Seriously)

Majkhel - 4 Vanguard Veterans, 1 Vanguard Veteran (Artificer, Last Minute)

Magat the Cursed -

Miek -

Rogue - 1 GSC Nexos (Artificer)

Shard of Magnus -

sibomots -

Skywrath -

Slaves to Darkness -

Slyen -

Tawnis -

toaae -

the_balloon_dog -

TheBlackPumpkin - 1 Inquisitor

ThePenitentOne - 5 Wyches (Artificer, Seriously)

TPS -

Trokair - 15? Terrain pieces (Artificer, Seriously)

Valkia the Bloody - 1 Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, 1 Aspiring Champion, 2 Greater Possessed, 1 Heldrake (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

war009 - 10 Adepta Sororitas

Wolf Guard Einar - 5 Intercessors, 5 Helblasters, 1 Redemptor Dreadnaught (Artificer, Seriously)

Youngwolf7 - 1 Ork Nob, 1 Big Shoota, 3 Shoota Boyz, 1 Mega Armour Warboss (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

Challenge+

What If?

Arkhanist - GSC Hybrids => Chapter Armsmen - Datasheet / Model

Custom Hero - The Living Saint => Deathwatch - Datasheet / Model

Danny Cyanide - Plasma Inceptors => Orks - Datasheet / Model

Grotsmasha - Assault Intercessors => Tau Blade Warrior Battlesuits - Datasheet / Model

Lord Ikka - Inquisition Black Sentinals - Datasheet / Model

ThePenitentOne - Primogenitor Kill Teams - Datasheet / Model

Trokair - Bladeguard Veterans => Tau - Datasheet / Model

Valkia the Bloody - Hex Mark Destroyer => Chaos - Datasheet / Model

war009 - Space Marine Scouts => Grey Knight Squires - Datasheet / Model

Plogging Along Pledges for 2022

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, 1 Fuel Pipe, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Dwango - 1+ 30K Dark Angels

Focslain - WH40k Collection: Imperium

Grotsmasha - Indomitus Necrons

Halandaar - 1 Spiritseer, 1 Warlock, Illic Nightspear (JAN), Jain Zar, 5 Howling Banshees, 1 War Walker (APR), 1 Farseer Skyrunner, 1 Bonesinger, 5 Wraithblades, 2 Support Platforms, Wraithlord

Jolemai - 1 x Herald of Slaanesh (proxy), 1 x Daemonette Champion (proxy) (MAR), 3 x Daemonettes (proxy) (APR), 6 x Daemonettes (proxy),1 x Zarakynel (proxy)

Lord Ikka - 15 Necron Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte, 1 Necron Overlord, 3 Scarab bases, 5 Flayed Ones, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Heavy Lohkust Destroyer, 1 Canoptek Doomstalker, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 10 Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 5 Lychguard, Grohh'Yod the Bleak-Host (Nightbringer counts-as), 9 Assault Intercessors, 3 Aggressors, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Impulsor, 2 Victrix Guard, 16 Black Sentinels of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica (Palanite Enforcers/Subjugators), Luther-pattern Ambot

Llygos_Tyrant - 1,000pts Firstborn Ultramarines, 1,000pts Iron Warriors, 1,500pts Necrons

Magat the Cursed - 1,000pts Necrons

Shard of Magnus - Horus the Warmaster, Maloghurst, 1 Praetor, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 9 Outriders, 6 Jetbikes, and 2 Sicarans

Slyen - 1/2 Battle Company

toaae - 6 Adepta Sororitas (JAN), 6 Adepta Sororitas, 2 Mortifiers, 1 Exorcist, 9 Repentia, 1 Repentia Superior, 5 Seraphim (or Zephyrim, I don't know yet), 1 Morvenn Vahl

Trokair - 1+ Aeronautica Imerpialis

war009 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (JAN), 1 Priest, 5 Alcolytes, 1 Servo-skull

Participants on the Randomizer List

Edited by Grotsmasha