+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VIII +

Dosjetka

gallery_45765_12339_91132.jpg

-If the Warmaster has turned his back on Terra, what are my orders?
-Tell him his brother Rogal will have him answer for it.

-Rogal Dorn to First Captain Sigismund

[source: The Flight of the Eisenstein, Chapter Fourteen]

[ + + + + + ]

Event Description:

Welcome to the 8th iteration of the Sons of Dorn Expansion (formerly known as the Imperial Fists Expansion), an event designed to motivate you to get your unpainted models out of their dusty boxes and to slap enough paint onto them to call them "finished"!

If you want to join in, follow these four easy steps:

1. Gather your unfinished models that represent one of the many Chapters of Rogal Dorn's bloodline (or even the mighty VIIth Legion itself);
  2. Take a picture of them in their current state and post it in this thread along with a vow to paint them before the end of the event (Sunday 24th April 2022 at 23:59 in your timezone);
  3. Once the models are painted to a level that you are happy with, take a picture of them and post in this thread to mark your vow as complete;
  4. If you've managed to complete your vow before 24th April and feel like painting some more, go back to step 1 and do it all again!

If you lack the inspiration and/or time to come up with an inspiring vow, consider using the following example as a foundation:

I, (insert forum name), vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (insert Chapter name) to complete (insert unit/model name and quantity) by 24th April 2022.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

If you have any questions, check out the Q&A section below. If you can't find an answer to your question below, feel free to ask in this thread or contact Dosjetka via personal message (PM).

Now get building and painting in the name of our Primarch and the Emperor! :thumbsup:

Event Q&A:

Q: Can I vow models that already have paint on them?

A: Yes! You can vow any model as long as you consider it to be unfinished.

Q: Can I paint up my models in the colours of a custom Chapter of my own design?

A: As long as you claim them to be from Dorn's gene-line, you can!

Q: Can I paint models that are currently in service of the Deathwatch or the Legio?

A: Of course, as long as they're from a Dornian Chapter; they still wear their Chapter colours with pride on their right pauldron after all!

Q: Can I vow models that are vowed in other events?

A: Yes!

Q: Can I post ongoing progress pictures or just when the final ones?

A: The more in-progress pictures, the merrier!

Q: Is there an event banner for my signature space?

A: I'm glad you asked! It's tradition on the B&C to have signature banners for events and this is no exception! I've already got the banner in my signature, what's your excuse? :wink:

300x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_5667.jpg

33x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_2694.jpg

Edited by Dosjetka

List of participants (in alphabetical order):

andes: Vow 1 Completed |

Asbestress: Vow 1 Completed |

Brother Argent: Vow 1 Completed |

Brother Chaplain Kage: Vow 1 |

brother tycho: Vow 1 Completed |

Captain Sandoval: Vow 1 |

Cleon: Vow 1 Completed |

conscriptboris: Vow 1 |

Dangerman: Vow 1 |

Dosjetka: Vow 1 |

Grotsmasha: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 |

Jud Cottrell: Vow 1 Completed |

Khornestar: Vow 1 |

Magistrix Remiosa: Vow 1 Completed |

MARK0SIAN: Vow 1 |

Metzombie: Vow 1 Completed | Vow 2 Completed | Vow 3 Completed |

Mr. Oddity: Vow 1 Completed |

nusphigor: Vow 1 Completed |

Reinhard: Vow 1 |

sarabando: Vow 1 |

Slave to Darkness: Vow 1 |

spinitron: Vow 1 Completed |

templargdt: Vow 1 |

Wolf Guard Einar: Vow 1 Completed |

WrathOfTheLion: Vow 1 |

zarkkarn: Vow 1 |

Edited by Dosjetka

I, Dosjetka, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars Chapter to complete an Emperor's Champion, six Crusader Squad Initiates, three Assault Squad Initiates, and a Razorback by 24th April 2022.

Failure is not an option.

("Before" pic will be added soon.)

Does it count if the Imperial Fist is basing material? 

How big is the piece of basing material? Is it a shoulder pad or something similar, I'd say no. If it's a complete or almost complete model (a dead Space Marine, for example), I'd say yes.

How big is the piece of basing material? Is it a shoulder pad or something similar, I'd say no. If it's a complete or almost complete model (a dead Space Marine, for example), I'd say yes.

Pretty much an entire Space Marine, yeah - torso, head, legs and so on.

I, Jud Cottrell, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete an Emperor’s Champion a Redemptor Dreadnought by 24th April 2022.

Perfect timing! I could use some motivation, before pic to come.

I, Jud Cottrell, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete an Emperor’s Champion a Redemptor Dreadnought by 24th April 2022.

Perfect timing! I could use some motivation, before pic to come.

Welcome to the Expansion, Jud! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :thumbsup:

Do models for a Heresy Imperial Fists Legion count or do they have to be 40K?

Of course. Derp, I meant to say that they can be Legion models, too! :facepalm::smile.:

Edited by Dosjetka

I, Reinhard, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete High Chaplain Grimaldus and retinue, 15 Primaris Sword brethren and 16 Primaris Crusaders (9 initiates and 8 neophytes) by 24th April 2022.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

EDIT: The before pictures.... Missing a single Neophyte and initiate which are currently in transit so ill take a photo of them later

Grimaldus is far along but not done, missing highlights & details. The retinue is still on the sprue, figure i'll add a shot of them when they're assembled

med_gallery_65134_15160_100482.jpg

First 3 of the sword brethren are really far along as well, but not finished yet:

med_gallery_65134_15160_166465.jpg

Next 12 don't even have heads or arms yet, on account of me not having chosen what they'll go with:

med_gallery_65134_15160_84662.jpg

Ditto for the Initiates:

med_gallery_65134_15160_19869.jpg

and the neophytes:

med_gallery_65134_15160_25543.jpg

Edited by Reinhard

Perfect timing, I just need a little push too finish off my 30k IF army! Did quite a bit of it last year for th e challenge then so fitting I can finish it with another one. Here we go:

I, Spinitron, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion to complete 5 Tactical Marines, 10 Heavy Support Marines, a Caestus Assault Ram, and a Aegis Defence Line, by 24th April 2022.

gallery_33945_4970_873.jpeg

I'm in for round 2! I'll get my backlog photoed and make up a vow this weekend.

Looking forward to having you onboard once more, Dangerman. :tu:

I, Markosian, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion to complete Fafnir Rann, a squad of Templar Brethren and an accompanying Land Raider Phobos by 24th April 2022.

Welcome to the event, MARK0SIAN! Excited to see some VIIth Legion! :D

I, Reinhard, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete High Chaplain Grimaldus and retinue, 15 Primaris Sword brethren and 16 Primaris Crusaders (9 initiates and 8 neophytes) by 24th April 2022.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Ah, good to see the Templars starting to pop their heads in here. ;) Welcome to the Expansion!

Perfect timing, I just need a little push too finish off my 30k IF army! Did quite a bit of it last year for th e challenge then so fitting I can finish it with another one. Here we go:

I, Spinitron, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion to complete 5 Tactical Marines, 10 Heavy Support Marines, a Caestus Assault Ram, and a Aegis Defence Line, by 24th April 2022.

*snip*

Welcome back, spinitron! I'm looking forward to seeing that all painted up soon. :D

I, WG Einar, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists Legion to complete Fafnir Rann by 24th April 2022.

I, Zarkkarn, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and Sigismund to complete a Vanguard Veteran Squad and Eradicator squad by 24th April 2022.

Welcome to you both, Wolf Guard Einar and Zarkkarn! Don't forget to upload a "before" pic of your respective vows at some point in the near future, please. :tu:

I, Grotsmasha, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete Tor Garadon by 24th April 2022.

gallery_48988_17280_186395.jpg

I wasn't planning on finishing this guy up today, but I was really into it and enjoying the model, so Vow Complete?

gallery_48988_17280_115288.jpg

I, Conscriptboris, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Executioners Chapter to complete Executioners Chapter Master (fafnir Model) by 24th April 2022.

Conscriptboris

(Pre-Ordered)

Fafnir HH Model

Edited by conscriptboris