+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Imperial Guard Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_12_IG.jpg

Soldiers of the Imperial Guard, shield of humanity, heed me!

You are the sledgehammer of the Emperor, the implacable force that enforces His will! Now it’s time to bring your uncounted millions forth, to unleash the engines of war, to let everyone know who rules this Galaxy! Beside you stand other mighty Imperial Institutions such as the Orders Militant of the fearsome Inquisition and the unimaginable power of the priest of the Machine God!

The Imperial Guard is a new addition to the B&C forums and a welcome one at that. Last year the Ordos Inquisition put up a brave fight, a fight worth remembering… But as it is often the case, numbers to play a part, and their numbers were few. This time the mighty Imperial Guard will come to their aid! Will you jointly become Primus Inter Pares?

A GOOD SOLDIER OBEYS WITHOUT QUESTION. A GOOD OFFICER COMMANDS WITHOUT A DOUBT!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully, veterans and new entrants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Chapter House” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links in your “completion” post will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

IMPERIAL GUARD VOWS
Argun | Vow 1 [1,205]
FashaTheDog | Vow 1 [2,674]
Leinmann | Vow 1 [1,357]
Obscura | Vow 1 [1,500]
Sviar | Vow 1 [170] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [41]
Uberwolve | Vow 1 [2,185] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [1,575]
WarriorFish | Vow 1 [710]

IMPERIAL GUARD OUT-OF-COMPETITION VOWS
Nicodemus Dolorosus | Vow 1 [x]

PENANCE VOWS
Sviar | If my fellow guards fail the 100% goal, I shall paint Pedro Kantor

I, Argun1 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 3 Basilisk with extra armour and enclosed crew compartment(Minotaur Artillery Tank counts-as), 4 Hellhounds (1 extra armor/multimelta, all with camo nets), and 1 Veteran squad (power sword, plasma pistol, melta gun, 2 flamers) from Codex: Imperial Guard, and Imperial Armor Volume One: Imperial Guard Second Edition of total value 1205 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Regiment, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

First time doing something like this... hope it's in the right format! blush.png

Here's the link to my vow: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275788-arguns-etl-ii-vow/

Edit: Downgraded the Minotaurs, but still doing them.

I, Obscura answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Company Command Tank ( Vanquisher w/ Artificer Armor and Beast Hunter Rounds ) 4 Leman Russes with Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 2 Armored Fist Squads ( 2 Chimeras and 20 Infantry ) and 2 Manticores ( Storm Eagle Rockets ) from Codex: Imperial Guard, and Imperial Armor Volume One: Imperial Guard Second Edition of total value 1500 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Regiment, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I Leinmann answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

• 1 preacher with eviscerator (60pts)
  • 1 veteran squad with plasma pistol, power sword, X2 plasma guns, 1 grenade launcher, 1 missile launcher and 1 vox-caster (145pts)
  • 1 storm trooper squad with X2 greande launchers and power sword (105pts)
  • 1 'counts as' Sly Marbo (Maltek Stalker) (60pts)
  • 1rough riders squad with flamer and plasma pistol (70pts)
  • 1 Leman Russ Battle Tank with lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons and dozer blade (195pts)
  • 1 'counts as' Leman Russ Demolisher (land raider conversion) with heavy bolter sponsons and pintle mounted storm bolter (195pts)
  • 1 platoon consisting of 1 PCS with plasma pistol, power fist, vox-caster, X2 meltaguns, platoon standard and krak grenades (100pts); 1 infantry squad with meltagun, autocannon, krak grenades, vox-caster, power sword, bolt pistol and meltabombs (102pts); 1 infantry squad with plasma pistol, power axe, meltabombs, grenade launcher, heavy bolter, krak grenades and vox-caster (105pts); special weapons squad with X3 flamers(50pts); 1 heavy weapon squad with missile launcher, autocannon and heavy bolter (80pts)
  • 1 astropath (30pts); 1 officer of the fleet (30pts); 2 bodyguards (30pts)

from Codex:Imperial Guard of total value 1357 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Kryten's Nihilists and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

that should cover me for a bit. i've got a couple of bits i can add on when i complete this vow. nice to see the return of the ETL, kudos captain semper thumbsup.gif FOR THE DARK GODS!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277060-leinmanns-etl-ii-wip-thread/

EDIT: WIP topic added

Yesssssssssssss, let the Guard show its quality!

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

PLEASE NOTE: I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

I, WarriorFish answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

2 Chimera w/Pintle Heavy Stubber (65pts each)
1 Vendetta w/Heavy Bolters (140pts)
1 Leman Russ Executioner (190pts)
1 Hellhound (130pts)
1 Devildog (120pts)

from Codex: Imperial Guard of total value 710 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Regiment, and failure will doom me to bear the
Badge of Shame until the year-end.

When I was fetching the boxes it felt like a lot more points but probably better to not do too much at first. I'll get cracking this weekend smile.png

Edit: WIP topic

Reporting for duty in command of the following 2,674 points:

[185] Commissar Yarrick
[70] Primaris Psyker
[70] Primaris Psyker

[65] Marbo
[207] Company Command Squad - Bolter, Power Claw, 2 Sniper Rifles, Meltagun, Medic, Fleet Officer, Master of Ordnance, Bodyguard
[65] Luxury Chimera - Heavy Stubber, Hardwood Floors, Fireplace
[170] Techpriest - 5 Servitors, 1 w/ Heavy Bolter, 1 w/ Plasma Cannon
[110] Veterans - Power Claw, 2 Meltaguns, Flamer, 4 Shotguns
[75] Platoon Command - Power Sword, Platoon Standard, Vox bugle, Missile Launcher
[125] Infantry Squad - Power Swoed, Plasma Pistol, Meltagun, Autocannon, Commissar
[57] Infantry Squad - Bolt Pistol, Grenade Launcher
[65] Special Weapons Squad - 2 Grenade Launchers, Demo Charge
[50] Special Weapons Squad - 3 Sniper Rifles
[90] Heavy Weapons Squad - 3 Missile Launchers
[105] Heavy Weapons Squad - 3 Lascannons
[95] Heavy Weapons Squad - 2 Lascannons, Heavy Bolter
[150] Leman Russ
[195] Leman Russ - Lascannon, Heavy Flamer SPonsons, Dozer Blade
[220] Leman Russ Demolisher - Lascannon, Multi-melta Sponsons, Dozer Blade

[0] Freebie Phantine Skyborne Guardsman who is getting painted so as not to stick out. 

2,169  points

I also will bring the following to bear as some sort of counts as Leman Russ counts as unless you feel Guard deserve them as is:

[450] Shadowsword -- reduced to counts as

[240] Executioner w/ Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armor?

[525] Baneblade "Lord Il Palazzo" - Commissariat crew -- reduced to counts as

[265] Demolisher w/ Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armor, Pask?

505 points - 470 points lost to counts as because Cruddace couldn't be bothered to include them in the Codex

Some of the models are painted in the wrong colors, such as that orange Leman Russ and the Catachans, while others have been partially started.  Regardless all models are getting fresh from the bottom up as what is on them is badly chipped and/or worn such as on the Lord Il Palazzo or is the wrong shade as is the case for the Praetorians. 

http://s21.postimg.org/afbopw5br/IG_Vow.jpg

Also, I figured I'd post one of the two dozen Guardsmen I painted last Sunday, unaware of the looming challenge.  Call this one the forum mascot.

http://s17.postimg.org/rtzow3han/Beastman.jpg

Look who's here... If it isn't FashaTheDog - the well known Chaos worshipper...and with an approriately large vow too! Good news for the Vive Imperium (or is it?) laugh.png! Well it was about time to get a tainted IG regiment! Good luck mate!

Holy gonads of the Emperor!

You really are going guard all the way with those massive entries.

Good thing you're on our side. And good luck. May the Emperor guide your brushes!

Well, after a day of painting here is the progress I have thus far made towards my vow.

http://s11.postimg.org/vt6v4cs2r/IG_Vow_01.jpg

Almost done with this lot, just some minor details to pick out and a little cleanup.  They look better than the photo makes them seem since even without a flash, they are lit up like Christmas obscuring some detail.  This means I've got thirteen guys with lasguns, some of whom will be heavy weapon team crew, five with lascannons, a heavy bolter dude, and my original Master of the Ordnance who got demoted to heavy weapon crew for lack of models and the ownership of a Reaver Princeps.  Those in the US Army may note that yes he does have the scarlet shoulder cord indicating artillery and one day if I ever field two Company Command Squads, he may see himself returned to intended duties, but not for the foreseeable future.

I got the Tallarns and a Commissar painted, although the overexposed picture makes me cry as all detail is lost and everything is far far brighter than it really is.  The blue and gray are much dark making them look kind of like ninjas and the olive drab is suitably darker.  Still it gives you an idea of what they look like.

http://s23.postimg.org/cvh82b9ff/Tallarns.jpg

I want to base them, but I can't find the brush on Loctite I have always used so it will have to wait as using the drip bottles is always wasteful and messy.  Thus it will have to wait until I get another bottle.  In other news, today saw a quartet of models almost finished with only their faces to detail and a little red to splatter on the medic's gloves (second from the left).  I kind of like the demo charge guy without eyebrows though.

http://s8.postimg.org/eytzy9rj9/IG_Vow_02.jpg

PS - we are few in numbers so I don't think it realistic for us to paint most points, so we should try to distinguish ourselves with the highest % of complete vows.

This is what we should strive for. The holy Emperor demands 100 % completed vows.

I Sviar pledge my loyalty for the brave men and women who know the true meaning of sacrifice. I vow one LeMan Russ with either HB or flamer Sponsons( it will be a surprise laugh.png ), it does not matter point wise. This adds up to 170 points.

I'll start off with a small VOW because the summer here is way too short.

Sviar - you're in! Good luck with your Leman Russ mate! thumbsup.gif

So it is known that the IG is slow to mobilize so I'm confident that more reinfircements will eventually arrive!

Also new cover art guys, courtesy of The shadow Guard - hope you like it! :)

If things go well, I'll be able to pump my original oath to 2000 points ( as my original Rats are still sitting at an unfinished stage ). Right now I'm working on finishing off the last 500 or so points I have laying around to complete my 1500 vow.

I Uberwolve answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [1 bastion,1 Chimera  1 squad of Vets, with Sgt Bastonne 4 commissar  1 trooper Marbo, 6 bombard colossus  and 6 ogryan, Nork Deddog and Iron hand strsken 1 deathstrike  and 5 priest. from Codex Imperial Guard and Imperial Armour 1 version 2 and The Rule book. with a total value 2185.  on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Imperial Guard! and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Bastion = 75

Vet squad with Bastonne,carapace,vox and 2 flamers = 175

Chimera = 55

6 Ogryn 130+120 =250

Nork Deddog 110

Col. Straken = 95

Trooper Marbo = 65

Priest 4 with out upgrades  +

Priest 1 with eviscerater  = 190

Deathstrike Launcher = 160

commissar with power weapon. = 45

commissar with 2 plasma pistols. = 55

2 commissar standard equipment. = 70

Bombard Colossus Battery of 3 140X3 = 420

Bombard Colossus Battery of 3 140X3 = 420

Some of these units will be repainted for this vow some were started prior to this vow but unfinished. 

​If any of these units are unacceptable They will be removed. 

Well, the big guns are here for sure! :) Welcome to the ETL Uberwolve - your status is updated! I assume that the unfinished items are in early stages - yes?

So a week to the deadline - Any other brave commanders to take on the ETL Challenge? You have a significant amount of points pledged already, but more participants will add depth to your effort. So don't be shy - the Emperor needs you!

Don't feel bad Warriorfish, people like me just lack the ability to comprehend the term "in moderation." Seriously, painting 750 points in a Summer is reasonable and normal. It's just that you get people like me, or most the Black Templars forum regulars, that vow to paint an Apocalypse scale army in such a short period. That being said, don't be afraid to hop on the insanity bandwagon with us teehee.gif. We have cake.

Archived