+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Horus Heresy Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_13_HH.jpg

A time for loyalty, at time of treachery, a time for glory!

Last year FW introduced the first book to support the 30k setting. Along with it came a wide range of miniatures giving huge choice and flexibility to those who want to re-create the armies of the Heresy.

The ETL recognizes this new force within the community and wants to encourage those that show commitment to the Horus Heresy setting. As such, this year, the ETL has a new faction to compete for the title of Primus Inter Pares: the Horus Heresy forum. So honoured Praetors, get ready to mobilise for war. Use the Betrayal list to build up your 30k armies and enjoy the event with your 40k brothers!

LET THE GALAXY BURN!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL. There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully, veterans and new entrants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Chapter House” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links in your “completion” post will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and backs ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use all of them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

HORUS HERESY VOWS

AngelsAbsolute | Vow 1 [1,628]
Bjorn Stormfang | Vow 1 [795]
Brother Captain Lucian | Vow 1 [511] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [110] COMPLETE

Brother Keyaetus | Vow 1 [230]

Chaplain Mortis | Vow 1 [385]
Demon2027 | Vow 1 [880]

Durfast Spiritwolf | Vow 1 [970]

geordie | Vow 1 [400]

Haranin | Vow 1 [245]
Hisdudeness | Vow 1 [440]

Jim AMM realgenius | Vow 1 [310]

Laborious | Vow 1 [520?]

MordentHex | Vow 1 [1,425]

Sister Grim | Vow 1 [250]

spikeyjames | Vow 1 [920] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [2,663]

Telhdrat | Vow 1 [2,000]

So I can't submit these for 2700 points of Thunderhawk Gunships? wallbash.gif Dang it!

gallery_8429_8473_8401.jpg

Actually, my allegiances are torn. I only have 1/2 the models for a Legion Tactical squad as opposed to so many regular models for other chapters.

Good try with the Epic stuff Archangel... biggrin.png

Well your choice for the faction obviously, I just wanted to have the growing 30k scene included in the ETL. There are a lot of fantastic HH minis around and they are hard to fit in 40k Codices... And why should they? Go "Betrayal!" !!!

Captain Semper, quick question, does a Praetor count as one unit, and if I'm already in the process of building him, but not started painting, can I still vow it. Also if we vow, do we start a new thread in in the WIP, or use the existing one.

Oh and I know it says no allies but in Betrayal allies are other Legions. So if I vowed one tactical unit would would I not have to say which legion or could I say paint one tactical squad of Alpha Legion, and one tactical squad of Iron Warrior allies.

I guess Imperial Army and Mechanichum are defo out though :(

Actually Demon2027 the ad mech list in the betrayal book is allowed as part of the hh list, so thallax away my friend ;) I'm tempted to get an avenger just for this challenge. My only problem is do I go hh or chaos. Decisions!

Oh and the vow starts with models unpainted or primed, so if your only halfway through building the model your fine.

Yep praetor would class as one unit, but you can have multiple units per vow. The limit of 5 vows is to make it easier to add up the vows totals I believe.

@ Demon 2027: Yes Praetor is a distinct entry in the Betrayal book and therefore a legal choice. If it is unpainted then it's good to go! smile.png Regarding WIP threads, it is making my life easier... But if you want to use your existing thread it's fine. Just provide me with a link along with your vow... Regarding allies, I was of course referring to 40k rules. In your case they are all chosen from the same list (the one found in Betrayal!) So yeah, you can paint them anyway you like... smile.png As regards Mechanicum they can be used as both an entry for the Horus Heresy forum (which means you can use them with no problem) OR the Ad Mech. forum - although they can not use any other units from Betrayal!. Hope that helps - and good luck! smile.png

@ Angels Absolute: Exactly right! You're getting into the spirit of ETL fast! thumbsup.gif

@ Bjorn Stormfang: Yes you can. As long as there are offiical rules and points for him, don't let the lack of models stop you. If I recall the kabuki ones are pretty good - just make sure it says "Mortarion", yes?

Good luck everybody - let's see those vows coming! smile.png

Well let me kick off the first official vow:

I Angels Absolute answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Praetor, 1 unit of Terminators, 1 Contemptor Talon, 1 Rapier battery amd 1 Imperial Avenger Strike Fighter from HH:Betrayal of total value 1611 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Legion of the IV, Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. IRON WITHIN!

Full listing here:

Praetor
Paragon Blade
Iron Halo
Meltabombs

10 Terminators
2 Reapers
2 chainfists
6 powerfists
2 Power weapons
8 combi weapons

Contemptor Talon

2x Dual Kheres
1x Dual CCW with Flamers

Rapier battery

3x Laser destroyers

Imperial Avenger Strike Fighter
two Hellstrike missiles
Chaff launcher
Servitor Battle control

Total 1611

Pics to follow (As I've yet to get most of the kit here yet)

I Brother Captain Lucian answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Contemptor Dreadnought with 2x Kheres, 1 Rapier Laser Destroyer and 5 terminators with assorted equipment - Point cost from HH:Betrayer of total value 511 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to First Legion, the Dark Angels[Representing the Horus Heresy Subforum] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I, Hisdudeness (or the Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing) answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a full 10 man Destroyer Squad from HH:Betrayal of total value of 440pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the XII Legion, World Eaters and
failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end because they really tie the room together.

I Bjorn Stormfang, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Dusk Raider version of Mortarion, a 5 man heavy support squad, and a 10 man Veteran Tactical squad from HH:Betrayal of total value of 795 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dusk Raiders, the original XIV  Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Points breakdown:

Mortarion - 425

Vet Tactical Squad - 210

9 men and 1 sarge with combi bolter

Heavy Support Squad - 160

4 men and 1 sarge all with auto cannons

I Demon2027, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Praetor, 1 Master of Signal, a 5 man Cataphractii terminator squad, a 5 man Reconnaisance squad, and one Contemptor dreadnought from HH:Betrayal of total value of 855 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Alpha Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. Hydra Dominatus

Points brake down

Praetor - 127

Bolter, paragon blade

Centurion - 85

Master of signal upgrade

Terminator squad - 253

Sgt with twin lightening claws

Power fists and volkite chargers x 4

Legion reconnaissance squad

Sniper rifles and cameleoline x 5, nuncio vox

Contemptor dread - 175

2 x kheres patern assault cannon.

I Haranin of the First Legion vow to complete:

1. One ten man volkerite charger squad (9 VC, 1 sarge)

Additional vows will depend on if I can squeeze in another order... Painted up a 1500 point legion force for the DA's January challenge...

I Haranin of the First Legion vow to complete:

1. One ten man volkerite charger squad (9 VC, 1 sarge)

Additional vows will depend on if I can squeeze in another order... Painted up a 1500 point legion force for the DA's January challenge...

Legion support squad, points 245

s there a minimum buy in like poker? biggrin.png I would like to do this, but i think i will need to do it squad by squad, my A.D.D. is fickle. Can it be Any legions combined? or only 1 legion?

afaik - as long as the unit is legal, then the point cost doesn't matter. So squad by squad is all good. Same with colour, just keep the unit legal :)

Archived