Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

howdy :tongue.:

:censored: ! That is BIG!

tbh, he's smaller than i though :tongue.:

Atia I must say I'm not impressed there should be a beer on that desk

Even elegant ladies should be drunk whilst tackling this bad boy.

But I digress, honestly I feel like your carrying the ETL for us this year.

Now if we can get KBA to put his badboy in the mix then it's a party

haha, i've some bloemen-bier here :biggrin.: (and wine^^)

Wow!

thanks recon :)

Those are looking good. I take it you decide which if any missiles have launched? If so nice choice to have them look like they fire sequentially in neat lines!

yep you need to glue the missilles in the launcher

atia

How are the resin pieces pretty straight?

the reaver quality is pretty good^^ (the parts are heavy enough)
Edited by Atia

Pffft assassins aren't a reaver titan fool

No worries! the reaver still has priority :tongue.:

What's the difference between the two Culexus faces? And which are you going to use?

here are the two faces:

med_gallery_79873_10425_112501.jpg

i'm going to use the left one :tongue.:

his body:

med_gallery_79873_10425_93044.jpg

and the other three:

med_gallery_79873_10425_170815.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10425_213408.jpg

(she's missing her sword and the hair so far :X)

med_gallery_79873_10425_70764.jpg

Edited by Atia

Total Gangsta!

Just straighten up his head and right leg a little bit and keep the gangsta grip on the bolter! :tongue.:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e6/Menace-Deagle-4.jpg/402px-Menace-Deagle-4.jpg

Maybe I'll try this with some left over cultists.

In all seriousness thanks for posting the pics! Still on the fence about ordering the game but the minis are cool!

Edited by Space Truckin

little update:

i've started to paint the interior and crew of my Reaver (i'll post some pictures tomorrow :P).

Total Gangsta!

Just straighten up his head and right leg a little bit and keep the gangsta grip on the bolter! :tongue.:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e6/Menace-Deagle-4.jpg/402px-Menace-Deagle-4.jpg

Maybe I'll try this with some left over cultists.

In all seriousness thanks for posting the pics! Still on the fence about ordering the game but the minis are cool!

haha, no big deal^^ i'll keep the poses of them basic though, but who knows, maybe i'll get some more in the next months?^^

Cool, they are both quite cool variations. It'll be interesting to see that one done and painted :smile.:

thanks Batty! i may kitbash a female culexus in the future with the other mask :P

Is the Sorceror Lord a new push-fit sprue, or just the contents of the CSM Terminator Lord box?

just the normal old Chaos Lord box (so you can build him either as Lord or as Sorcerer)

With the Legio Fureans being Indian in theme, I've heard it's good to watch Bollywood while you paint them to get in the zone :tongue.:

haha lol :P i've heard it's good to eat some indian food before you paint the Legio Fureans :D

Well, thanks to the ETL thread I discovered your work which is clearly one of the best I've ever seen. Can't wait to see this Reaver painted! Looking forward to seeing more!

thanks Kydoimos :blush.: glad you like my thread!

also, in case you haven't seen it, our brave brother Carlson has finished another Legio Fureans transfer sheet! it's awesome, check it out :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=454

File Name: Legio Fureans (IK scale)

File Submitter: Carlson793

File Submitted: 06 May 2015

File Category: Heresy Era

By commission from Grand Master Laertes, depthcharge12, and Atia.

The Legio Fureans of the Dark Mechanicus Traitor Titan Legion, scaled for use on Imperial Knight models. Note: will require the use of Mechanicum decals provided with the Imperial Knight model for best appearance.

This sheet allowed me to do two new things. First, it is one of the first public sheets I've posted with multiple images, and the first not scaled for Space Marines or their vehicles.

Second, it is the first sheet I've produced that takes advantage of the layer options in Adobe Acrobat/Reader. The logos appear on the top layer, with additional layers to print the sheet with a Legio Fureans yellow background, Fureans flames behind the logos, or a light blue background (though the last may only be of use on screen to show what white/light logos are present).

Click here to download this file

also, in case you haven't seen it, our brave brother Carlson has finished another Legio Fureans transfer sheet! it's awesome, check it out :smile.:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=454

File Name: Legio Fureans (IK scale)

File SubmitterCarlson793

File Submitted: 06 May 2015

File CategoryHeresy Era

By commission from Grand Master Laertesdepthcharge12, and Atia.

The Legio Fureans of the Dark Mechanicus Traitor Titan Legion, scaled for use on Imperial Knight models. Note: will require the use of Mechanicum decals provided with the Imperial Knight model for best appearance.

This sheet allowed me to do two new things. First, it is one of the first public sheets I've posted with multiple images, and the first not scaled for Space Marines or their vehicles.

Second, it is the first sheet I've produced that takes advantage of the layer options in Adobe Acrobat/Reader. The logos appear on the top layer, with additional layers to print the sheet with a Legio Fureans yellow background, Fureans flames behind the logos, or a light blue background (though the last may only be of use on screen to show what white/light logos are present).

Click here to download this file

You gonna make me blush, Atia...

as promised:

early WIP of my Techpriest (it's pretty much just the basecoat, washes are next^^)

gallery_79873_10624_10157.jpg

oh, and my Codex: Imperial Knights arrived :tongue.:

composition and heraldic of an imperial oath bound house:

med_gallery_79873_10492_235242.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_13362.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_318008.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_40713.jpg

composition and heraldic of a mechanicus oath bound house:

med_gallery_79873_10492_102205.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_287025.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_236844.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_101323.jpg

You gonna make me blush, Atia...

mission completed! :biggrin.:

Oh i'm totally looking forward to that Female Culexus if you do make one! That would be very cool!

hehe yay! Nemesis was awesome, so i NEED a female Culexus! :tongue.:

Edited by Atia

Really good dramatic lighting on the techpriest already. Excellent!

I haven't read Nemesis yet, I'm looking forward to it but i'm currently trying to read the rest of the heresy books in order.

And the codex looks good. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of mine. That mechanicus heraldry info is particularly interesting. I'm glad i'm not too far into the rest of my knights! I'll have to determine how to make my own variations of those rank markings that are recognisable but fit my scheme which is already established as archaic and divergent from standard.

I'm frustrated though that with two of the special skitarii decal sheets i only have 4 of those skitarii alliance markings to put on my knights, i don't know why they gave so many other campaign markings and only two of those per sheet! And only had them on the special knight sheet which i missed out on and not any on the regular one. Sigh. I guess i'll have to come up with something to deal with it for 1 on the 5 knights. I'm thinking of placing the skitarii alliance emblem over the black and yellow stripes on the knights right knee, as i've put the really old Titan decal on the knights left. I'm very very fortunate to have those old titan decals still.

Vipras Malaka, Legio Titanicus Tech-priest Enginseer Majoris

Tech-priest Enginseer contingents accompany the Mechanicus' mighty Titan Legions, carefully monitoring these mighty machine's systems and entreating their ancient Machine Spirits to function efficiently with rituals of placation and maintenance. In the heat of battle, the Enginseers will ease the machine's pain, performing damage control and field repair procedures, keeping their charge functional and willing to fight. The senior ranked Legio Titanicus Tech-priests are called Enginseer Majoris, and usual crew the mighties of Battle Titans - the Reaver, Warlord or Carnivores, among others. The biggest Apocalpyse class Titans, like the Emperor or Nemesis are manned by covenants of Enginseers Majoris under the command of a Magos Macrotek.

gallery_79873_10624_80009.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_22485.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_124943.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_137965.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_127887.jpg

Nice Techpriest. Always good to have grabby things. :tongue.:

Seeing the pics of Imperial Knights Codex I can't wait to download mine.

hehe yep, servo-arms are awesome! the new knights codex is faaar better then the old one :tongue.:

Really good dramatic lighting on the techpriest already. Excellent!

I haven't read Nemesis yet, I'm looking forward to it but i'm currently trying to read the rest of the heresy books in order.

And the codex looks good. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of mine. That mechanicus heraldry info is particularly interesting. I'm glad i'm not too far into the rest of my knights! I'll have to determine how to make my own variations of those rank markings that are recognisable but fit my scheme which is already established as archaic and divergent from standard.

I'm frustrated though that with two of the special skitarii decal sheets i only have 4 of those skitarii alliance markings to put on my knights, i don't know why they gave so many other campaign markings and only two of those per sheet! And only had them on the special knight sheet which i missed out on and not any on the regular one. Sigh. I guess i'll have to come up with something to deal with it for 1 on the 5 knights. I'm thinking of placing the skitarii alliance emblem over the black and yellow stripes on the knights right knee, as i've put the really old Titan decal on the knights left. I'm very very fortunate to have those old titan decals still.

you can read Nemesis after the opening trilogy :tongue.: it's pretty cool, as you see the 6 different Assassin-Clades (and the first execution force!)

well, for the transfer sheets, you should ask Carlson! i'm sure he's able to do some "Mechanicus oath bound Knight transfer sheets" :tongue.:

Edited by Atia