gallery_29004_6198_61189.png

Hail, brothers and sisters of the long war! As the followers of the corpse emperor draw closer, we shall muster and unify our forces. This year’s ETL IV is more competitive than ever, our brothers from the past and the followers of the corpse emperor are putting in a significant effort. Yet, as we bask in the eternity of chaos, we shall laugh in the face of their futile efforts. We shall show these upstarts who the real Primes Inter Pares are:

All chaos players are therefore called upon to muster our forces. Come forth, legionnaires and renegades, murderers and sycophants, worshipers and dilettantes! Answer our call to fire up your forges, collect your miniatures, wet your brushes, and start painting!

The Soul Vow is a satellite event of the ETL IV, aimed at doubling, tripling, quadrupling, or even quintupling the points of your first ETL IV vow. There is no limit to the amount of times you want to multiply your points, but remember there is a five vow limit in this year's ETL, and those vows may not exceed 3000 points, so there is a 15000 points cap.

Those who wish to participate must post their Soul Vow in this thread in the following format, and before they make their second vow in the strategium.

“I, [name], vow my soul to chaos and swear to [double / triple / quadruple / quintuple/etc.) my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least [X] times [points cost of first vow] points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

Naturally, there’s a banner* and/or medallion* for those participating, and there will be medallions with pips for those who complete their SOUL VOW!

gallery_29004_6198_60098.pnggallery_29004_6198_6366.png

**Just as a quick reminder to all to keep an eye on the amount of image space used in your signature. The limit it 800pixels x 100pixels. Just so you can gauge it better, the sizes used on the graphics here are:

Banner= 300x100

Square= 100x100

Medallion= 33x100

You can also add images to your 'about me' page in your profile. This is a great way to display your hard work in forum events like this one and the upcoming E Tenebrae Lux.

PARTICIPANTS:

Aeternas 170 x 13

Ancient Helviticus 267 x 3

Andra'Melek 501 x 5

Augustus b'Raass 1555 x 2

Beachymike123 910 x 2

Bearingtheword 334 x 2

ChaosRising 82 x 4

Dreadclaw 245 x 4

Forté 190 x 3

Malisteen 300 x 2

Razblood 936 x 4

SlaveToDarkness 905 x 5

Steve Shields 3000 x 5

Teetengee 240 x 5

thamier 115 x 30

Uveron 500 x 2

LATEST UPDATE

“I, SlavetoDarknes, vow my soul to chaos and swear to  quintuple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 5 times 905 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

I will vow five times my initial vow of 3000. 15000 glorious points of steel and demon flesh. Iron within, iron without.

There may well be a special reward tag for anyone who completes the maximum 15000 points in the ETL ;)

I Razblood vow my soul to Chaos and swear to at least QUADRUPLE my first ETL IV vow of 936pts to amount to a minimum overall total of 3744pts by August 1st 2015, should I fail may my soul be flayed into the visage of the badge of failure which will be worn for no less than one year!

That'll do :devil:

I will vow five times my initial vow of 3000. 15000 glorious points of steel and demon flesh. Iron within, iron without.

That's not a soul vow, buddy. True dedication needs attention to detail - a true champion of chaos accepts the consequesnes should he fail! tongue.png

But you're recorded anyway! thumbsup.gifmsn-wink.gif

I, Aeternas, vow my soul to chaos and swear to quintuple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 5 times 170 (an easyish 950) on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

Well you're limited to 5 vows in total.

Though if you do manage 6 or more times then there may be something special made.

The Soul Vow is a satellite event of the ETL IV, aimed at doubling, tripling, quadrupling, or even quintupling the points of your first ETL IV vow.

I ask because from this wording, it indicates we can only vow to increase the points from the first vow, not any after that. So my original first vow, 170 points is quite small compared to my next vow in preparation, 20 termies, 10 marines, warpsmith and fire raptor, all coming up to about 1800, over 10x.

And I feel rather bad about having such a small first vow, compared to *cough 3000pts Steve Shields cough*

As I type this I'm not really sure what I'm even asking here anymore :lol:

I, Beachymike123,vow to double my original vow before 1st August 2015, to the total of 1820pts. Success will bring glory to the Siege Makers of the Iron Warriors Legion, failure will make me bear the mark of the lost and the damned (or some such token) until year's end.

There, I did it. I hope you're all happy. I'm going to go and plan my subsequent vows now. See you on the winning line guys msn-wink.gif

There may well be a special reward tag for anyone who completes the maximum 15000 points in the ETL ;)

That's the goal, naturally!

The Soul Vow is a satellite event of the ETL IV, aimed at doubling, tripling, quadrupling, or even quintupling the points of your first ETL IV vow.

I ask because from this wording, it indicates we can only vow to increase the points from the first vow, not any after that. So my original first vow, 170 points is quite small compared to my next vow in preparation, 20 termies, 10 marines, warpsmith and fire raptor, all coming up to about 1800, over 10x.

And I feel rather bad about having such a small first vow, compared to *cough 3000pts Steve Shields cough*

As I type this I'm not really sure what I'm even asking here anymore laugh.png

The Soul Vow is about points, so if you vowed a 170 point first vow, you could potentially go for vowing to do 71 times your initial vow (12170 points). Go figure. Forte will have to make something SUPER special for that!

As I type this I'm not really sure what I'm even asking here anymore :lol:

The Soul Vow is about points, so if you vowed a 170 point first vow, you could potentially go for vowing to do 71 times your initial vow (12170 points). Go figure. Forte will have to make something SUPER special for that!

Why, Is that a thrown gauntlet, good sir? :D

A pity, I have neither the willpower or funds to reach that. Think I'll set my sights on a more reasonable 3/4k full size. But thanks for clarification

Why, Is that a thrown gauntlet, good sir? biggrin.png

A pity, I have neither the willpower or funds to reach that. Think I'll set my sights on a more reasonable 3/4k full size. But thanks for clarification

Might as well go for a quadruple or quintuple, dude! You're going to make that easy, especially with a couple fo big models. :)

As I stated earlier, I pass 10x oh so quick, so with permission for alteration...

I, Aeternas the questioner, vow my soul to chaos and swear to treducuple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 13 times 170, a total of 2210, on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end and paint some filthy loyalists.

Also, maybe alter the title of this thread? Just add a R to the end of the second word, if possible

He'd do 30,000 in one vow and still do a follow up. The man's a painting machine!

Sure I have a couple bloodthirsters and a nurgle lord to paint should be easy enough to find a bit more.
I, Teetengee, vow my soul to chaos and swear to quintuple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 5 times 240 on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

My friends are comming up to visit on Friday. They're bring my old CSM army with them.

(Couple years ago the soon to be x made me get rid of said army or have it thrown away)

When it arrives I'll have to sort it out and see how many points worth of models will need to be stripped,painted and rebased to bring them into my current army colors.

I'll like vow early next week.

Temptation is strong for this as ever... The risk of failing is high however!

Such is the way of the Dark Gods...

Mine would be tedious but easy enough. Gonna have to think about it. I think there's close to 1k pts of Chaosy bits laying around...gonna vow them in chunks.

“I, Uveron, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least twice times 500pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

“I, Adra'Melek, vow my soul to chaos the Blood God and swear to quintuple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 5 times 501 on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

Edit: Probably should have asked this before vowing but I'm just too keen.  When I saw I will quintuple my 1st do, does that mean just in my 2nd vow, or overall? Also, is that the total or in addition? So I vowed 501pts and vow to make it 2505.  Does that mean 2505 overall or 3006?  I'm guessing 2505 as there are 5 vows at it means someone who did 3000 in the first can still quintuple theirs. But it's nice to be clear on these things.

Archived