Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ + + Covenant of Caliban II + + +

Covenant of Caliban Covenant of Caliban II Painting Challenge Warhammer 40k Dark Angels Painting Challenges 2017 Horus Heresy

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts
  • Chapter Name: Guardians of the Covenant

The Inner Circle presents:

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Poster.jpg

N1o9Swjb.jpg

Staring up at the screens before him the Dark Angel known only as Darkn3ss F4lls furled his brow as information arrived from the Crusier Sword of Defiance. The information seemed inconceivable but he could see it would not be proved a fabrication. More information poured in from the Astra Militarum and other Astartes chapters. The command floor stood still as the news of both the destruction of Cadia and the loss of the entire 4th Company sank in. Snapping back to reality just as quickly as things had paused everyone got to work with the efficiency only Astartes could achieve. Leaving the the command deck he left in a solemn search.

Entering the dimly lit chamber deep inside the rock he found the floor littered with Oaths of Moment that had been unfulfilled over the course of time. The reasons for the failure were both numerous and varied. The marines of the Inner Circle stood in silence over the pile. One amongst them lifted from the pile an Oath and read to himself the prior promise. To the one marine, the goal was both attainable and notable. Looking at another one, it was possible to complete it with the changes that have occurred since the Oath was made. “Many of these can be completed now.”

ysXAgj8b.png

From the darkness, the cloaked form of the Shadow Guard stepped forth, “Indeed. It is time that these Oaths be fulfilled and raised in honor.”

“Then let them be raised up as new Oaths.”

“And let this be a new covenant for the Unforgiven, that we will return to this chamber and bring forth some of these so that they may be returned to honor our lost brothers”

INTRODUCTION:
The Covenant of Caliban is a Dark Angel Forum Event series aimed at having participants vow a single unit and bringing it in to completion. This unit could be still in plastic, partially assembled, or base-coated. The timeline for completing the event is three month’s time. The event will have two parts, the first listed below and the second in another thread. One can enter their vow into both should it meet both criteria. 

HOW TO ENTER:
1. Make an oath in this thread in the following manner:

I, <<YOUR NAME>>, OF THE <<CHAPTER / FIRST LEGION>>, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH <<INSERT UNIT OR CHARACTER HERE>>.

2. Take a before photo to be placed in the same post as your vow. 
3. Work to bring your vow to completion.
4. Post a second photo of the completed unit to be posted by Midnight of September 30th, 2017. (B&C Board Standard Time)
5. Claim your reward.

RULES:

• Only a SINGLE VOW will be allowed for this event.
  • The Vow must be a SINGLE UNIT that is Dark Angels Chapter or Legion Legal. No Formations are allowed for this event.
  • The Vow can be in ANY of the listed state of construction/painting when then vow is made

REWARDS:
Once you make your oath you may wear the following banner in your signature:

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

+ + + PRAISE BE THE LION + + +

OATH BEARERS

1.  Pvnisher - 1 Deathwing Knight Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  2.  Fallen Dark Angel - 1 Intercessor Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  3.  Brother Haim - 1 Ravenwing Bike Squad with Attack Bike (9x) - Starting State - Ending State
  4.  Skorp - 1 Deathwing Knight Squad (8x) - Starting State - Ending State
  5.  GrayRavenC - 1 Greenwing Command Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  6.  Jack of the Pelt - 1 Ravenwing Dark Talon (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  7.  Tygwyn - 1 Sammael on Sableclaw (1 x) - Starting State - Ending State
  8.  Darkn3ssF4lls - 1 Terminator Librarian (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  9.  Robofish7591 - 1 Intercessor Squad (5x) - Starting State  - Ending
  10.  Greenz - 1 Ravenwing Bike Squad + Attack Bike  (6x) - Starting State - Ending State
  11.  Chmur - 1 Primaris Lieutenant (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  12.  Brother-Captain Sharp - 1 Deathwing Knight Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  13.  Aura_Enchanted - 1 Land Raider Excelsior (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  14.  Brother Vod - 1 Dreadnaught (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  15.  ronin_cse - 1 Hellblaster Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  16.  Eib.Almera - 1 Deathwing Suad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  17.  Master Sheol - 1 Ravenwing Bike Squad + Attack Bike (7x) - Starting State - Ending State
  18.  SNEAKYBAMSEN - 1 Assault Squad (10x) - Starting State - Ending State
  19.  Joewavridr - 1 Black Knights (12x?) - Starting State - Ending State
  20.  Goblinchow - 1 Assault Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  21.  Rychu - 1 Devastator Squad (10x) - Starting State - Ending State
  22.  Elmo - 1 Intercessor Squad (10x) - Starting State - Ending State
  23.  SYPHID - 1 Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  24.  Lostrael - 1 Asmodai (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  25. Aothaine - 1 Tactical Squad (10x) - Starting State - Ending State
  26. Grotsmasha - 1 Primaris Lieutenant (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  27. Master Ciaphas - 1 Primaris Captain (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  28. DasOgrefied - 1 Ravenwing Bike Squad (5x) - Starting State - Ending State
  29. Worsey - 1 Ravenwing Dark Talon (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  30. Dark rage - 1 Intercessor Squad (1x) - Starting State - Ending State
  31. Jbaeza94 - 1 Tactical Squad (10x) - Starting State - Ending State

Oaths = 31
Completed = 8
Failure = 0

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls, 16 September 2017 - 12:19 PM.

• Fallen Dark Angel likes this

My 7th Edition Library  | My Finished Units | My 8th Edition Library

fC7ObsOm.jpgCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Works in Progress - Guardians of the Covenant (TBA) Emperors Children (TBA) Imperial Soup (TBA) Hive Fleet Megalodon (TBA)

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

Thank you to grotsmasher for this awesome color scheme sheet if anyone needs some inspiration. 

c25x6q0.png

Works in Progress - Guardians of the Covenant (TBA) Emperors Children (TBA) Imperial Soup (TBA) Hive Fleet Megalodon (TBA)

Pvnisher

Pvnisher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
I, PVNISHER, OF THE DARK ANGELS, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH a unit of DEATHWING KNIGHTS.

Will take a photo tomorrow if that's ok.

Edited by Pvnisher, 01 July 2017 - 12:50 AM.

Covenant_of_Caliban_Banner.jpgCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

I, Pvnisherx, OF THE Dark Angels, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH a unit of Deathwing Knights.

That is fine brother, your oath is recorded.

Pvnisher

Pvnisher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

I, Pvnisherx, OF THE Dark Angels, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH a unit of Deathwing Knights.

Thank you these guys have been in this state of paint for years now. Will be a good kick in the pants to finish finally.
  • Darkn3ssF4lls likes this
Covenant_of_Caliban_Banner.jpgCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

Thank you these guys have been in this state of paint for years now. Will be a good kick in the pants to finish finally.

Let us see them dust off their robes and their armor, let them grab their maces and their shields and lay waste to your enemies.

• Hod likes this

Fallen Dark Angel

Fallen Dark Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Location:Battle Barge Flagship Gervis De Leonis (Spear of the Lion)
  • Chapter Name: Guardians of the Order

I, FALLEN DARK ANGEL, OF THE GUARDIANS OF THE ORDER CHAPTER,

IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH A UNIT OF PRIMARIS INTERCESSORS.

med_gallery_99616_13385_392452.jpg

Edited by Fallen Dark Angel, 04 July 2017 - 02:27 AM.

• Jack of the Pelt likes this

Brother Haim

Brother Haim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

I, BROTHER HAIM, OF THE DARK ANGELS CHAPTER, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH SQUADRON NETHAEL, A RAVENWING BIKE SQUAD. 

Covenant Of Caliban II

Edited by Brother Haim, 30 September 2017 - 05:14 PM.

• Jack of the Pelt and Fallen Dark Angel like this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg

The Lion and the Wolf, "- Two sucker punches were thrown that day. Only one Primarch walked away."

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

I, FALLEN DARK ANGEL, OF THE GUARDIANS OF ORDER CHAPTER,

IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH A UNIT OF PRIMARIS INTERCESSORS.

med_gallery_99616_13385_392452.jpg

I, BROTHER HAIM, OF THE DARK ANGELS CHAPTER, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH SQUADRON NETHAEL, A RAVENWING BIKE SQUAD. Ravenwing%20Bike%20Squadron_zpsft5c3tls.

As the door slides open you notice that your oaths have already been recorded. 

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts
I, BROTHER SKORP, OF THE DARK ANGELS CHAPTER, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF THE MOMENT TO FINISH THE AWAITED EIGHT, A UNIT OF DEATHWING KNIGHTS.

(photo to come sorry, out of town at the moment)

I ask myself what it means to be one of the Dark Angels. To protect mankind, purge the alien, cleanse the unclean? 

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,456 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators

I, Dylan, of the Consecrators, make this oath of moment to finish a 7th Edition Commandsquad. I've been neglecting these guys for too long.

gallery_92826_13417_71990.jpg

Edited by GreyRavenC, 16 July 2017 - 04:44 PM.

• Jack of the Pelt, Darkn3ssF4lls and Fallen Dark Angel like this

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

Jack of the Pelt

Jack of the Pelt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of the Storm

I, JACK OF THE PELT, OF THE HERALDS OF THE STORM, IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR AND THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH A DARK TALON.

med_gallery_21799_12039_679127.jpg

“In the name of the God-Emperor and the Lion, be glorious!” - Battle cry of the Heralds of the Storm, successors of the First

Currus_Belli_Banner_01.jpgPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_69091_12503_3885.gifCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Tygwyn

Tygwyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts
I, Tygwyn, of the Dark Angels chapter, in the name of The Lion, make this oath of moment to finish Sableclaw. (Pics to follow).

Dark Angel player for just over a year (this time - played in 2nd Ed too!)

Developing, mixed 4000 or so points, still nothing that I call "a finished Army" yet.

Always looking for a game in my local area - let me know if you are near Andover, Hants, UK and fancy playing someone easy to beat!

gallery_80718_10858_54871.jpggallery_80718_12077_7395.jpg

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

I, BROTHER SKORP, OF THE DARK ANGELS CHAPTER, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF THE MOMENT TO FINISH THE AWAITED EIGHT, A UNIT OF DEATHWING KNIGHTS.

(photo to come sorry, out of town at the moment)

Look forward to seeing these eight awaited Deahtwing Knights. 

I, Dylan, of the Consecrators, make this oath of moment to finish a 7th Edition Commandsquad. I've been neglecting these guys for too long.

gallery_92826_13391_81206.jpg

Thats quite the command squad, is that the forgeworld breacher siege shields?

I, JACK OF THE PELT, OF THE HERALDS OF THE STORM, IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR AND THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH A DARK TALON.

med_gallery_21799_12039_679127.jpg

Your skills are legendary sir, I still recall the knight from last year. Cannot wait to see this mighty fighter take off in search of traitors. 

I, Tygwyn, of the Dark Angels chapter, in the name of The Lion, make this oath of moment to finish Sableclaw. (Pics to follow).

Ah yes, Sammy must take flight to join the fight against traitorous space marines. 

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

I, Darkn3ssF4lls, OF THE Guardians of the Covenant, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH Librarian in Tactical Dreadnaught Armor with Magnetized Arms.

E21Xnc4l.jpg

Should be a fun conversion :)

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls, 01 July 2017 - 04:10 PM.

Jack of the Pelt

Jack of the Pelt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of the Storm

Your skills are legendary sir, I still recall the knight from last year. Cannot wait to see this mighty fighter take off in search of traitors.

Knight? Do you mean the company champion I painted for the last Paladin Challenge? Just want to make sure I'm worthy of your praise. biggrin.png

“In the name of the God-Emperor and the Lion, be glorious!” - Battle cry of the Heralds of the Storm, successors of the First

Currus_Belli_Banner_01.jpgPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_69091_12503_3885.gifCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

Knight? Do you mean the company champion I painted for the last Paladin Challenge? Just want to make sure I'm worthy of your praise. biggrin.png

Hehe no, :( I did mean the imperial knight (sorry Epher) but ! http://www.bolterand...rael/?p=4558398 is also well painted brother :P

• Jack of the Pelt likes this

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,456 posts

Negative, those are from Shapeways. Can't really recommend them, they break easily and are hard to glue.

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

Negative, those are from Shapeways. Can't really recommend them, they break easily and are hard to glue.

Ah bummer

robofish7591

robofish7591

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 443 posts

I Robofish7591, of the Blades of Vengeance, in the name of the Lion, make this oath of the moment to finish one Intercessor Squad.

Covenant of Caliban vow

They are in those sprues somewhere teehee.gif

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts

I Robofish7591, of the Blades of Vengeance, in the name of the Lion, make this oath of the moment to finish one Intercessor Squad.

They are in those sprues somewhere teehee.gif

Excellent, bring them to bear on your enemies. 

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls, 01 July 2017 - 08:43 PM.

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 461 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels of Absolution

I, Greenz, of the Angels of Absolution, for honour of the Lion and the 1st, make this Oath of the Moment to complete 1 ravenwing attack squad consisting of 5 bikes

med_gallery_71758_11985_97864.jpg

Edited by Greenz, 04 July 2017 - 04:51 AM.

• Syphid and Fallen Dark Angel like this

Chmur

Chmur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts

I, CHMUR, OF THE CONSECRATORS CHAPTER, IN THE NAME OF THE LION, MAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT TO FINISH PRIMARIS LIEUTENAUNTS ON OR BEFORE 30th SEPTEMBER 2017.

Starting photo:

MtpOrKP.jpg

WIP photos after conversions are done:

1st- Lieutenant-Brother Yoab, Consecrators chapter, 2nd in command of 6th Strike Company

8DxlQwc.jpg

2nd-Lieutenant-Brother Mal'akhi, Consecrators chapter, Acting officer of 6th Strike Company Rear-Echelon support group

mjdmmsX.jpg

• Jack of the Pelt, Grotsmasha and Fallen Dark Angel like this

Brother-Captain Sharp

Brother-Captain Sharp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 775 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels of Retribution

I, Brother-Captain Sharp, of the Angels of Retribution, in the name of the Lion, make this oath of the moment to finish one Deathwing Knight squad.

GqbzfE9.jpg?1

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,544 posts
  • Chapter Name: dark angels
I brother aura enchanted of the Dark Angels chapter, in the name of the lion, make this oath of the moment to paint a land raider excelsior and rhino primaris

I shall take a photo at a later time today

Edited by aura_enchanted, 02 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.

dark angles Skitarii Raven Guard

A_E track of the month - july

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Covenant of Caliban, Covenant of Caliban II, Painting Challenge, Warhammer 40k, Dark Angels, Painting Challenges 2017, Horus Heresy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users