++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

No.2 it is then people. Also i found the perfect warp talon LC, with the fist as it is i can place a victims head in the hand :D 

Urmak9

I think its now time to pin and gs this figure, also need to gs some khorne iconography onto the belt, back of the LC and on the back pack. Also need more skulls! 

@ Kraut - cheers mate... I went with the open hand because i was going to put a recently decapitated victim in the palm of it. I will get that mocked up tonight. If it doesnt look right or looks tacky ill swap it for the clenched fist :)

Wow, a lot of good progress in here.

@MindOfMetal: I love, love, love that facial tattoo of your Custodes warrior. The dark teal armor makes me extremely curious. Are we seeing something different than the canonical bronze and gold there? Any chance of a WIP shot of the entire model?

@Kordhal: Thanks for the compliment, mate. Your Primaris marines are coming along very well too. Congratulations on the head swaps, works very well and seemingly without any issues of scale. Not sure what you'll be painting them like? Look like Death Guard to me? - And the captain is already primed in a suitable off-white, it seems?

@Sagentus: It seems I'm late to the party, but I would've voted for no. 2 also. Good call. He's looking great already. - KrautScientist seconded, I'm not (yet) too sure about the open Warp Talon claw? His pose is brilliant, calm yet menacing, as it is? Maybe you could give us another comparison shot?

@BrotherCaptainArkhan: Bravo! Very impressive. I agree, the new pose is better. Doesn't look like a hero, but then ... it's 40k. Does look like a killer. I'm not familiar with the head and don't immediately relate it to the Minotaurs character, so it works quite well for me. - Is he an Ultramarine though? Might work better as a different chapter, with Ultramarines iconography filed off?

In the meantime, this happened.

gallery_80057_10843_647319.jpg

I also have a first red coat on the paladins, ash-white on the bases, and actually most (if not all) airbrushing out of the way. I think. More pictures in the WIP thread.

I'm considering bright green as a spot color for the paladins - which will be mainly red, gold, and silver, similar to the inquisitor himself, just in different proportions obviously, and excluding the purple that's somehow the inquisitor's house color. If so, it'd be a good idea to use some bright green on the inquisitor himself too - to help tie the team together as a whole. However, I'm trying to limit my palette. Very much unsure if I want another bright color in there? Thoughts? - Also, any general advice and/or criticism is most welcome.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

We're reaching the half-way point of the month, and I am very glad to see a lot of progress has been made! From the magnificent scultping skills of BCK, to the regal posing of Brother Kortmer's entry, the amazing plume of BCA's captain, and many, many more really cool and inspiring models. It great to see so many wonderful projects! :yes:

However, it's not all fun and games: several frater still need to start their entry! Brother Argent, Drac0, Soldier of Dorn (TFFKATP otherwise known as The Frater Formerly Known as The Psycho), Tankus Wokus (a veteran of the Arena) and MikhalLeNoir (as well as, let's face it, myself) still need to step into the arena with base miniatures! TICK TOCK, brothers! :smile.:

Don't forget to post a start picture of your entry - meaning a picture showing the bare, unbuilt unit. 

@ Warsmith Uveron: your first WIP that I can detect features an almost completely painted unit. Am I missing the first WIP? If so, could you direct me to it? And if not, could you post a picture of the unit as unbuild?

I have updated the list. I've several times been called a painting machine, but I assure you I am an unaugmented human, and thus imperfect (in both my and the Machine God's eyes)!! :wink: So please check the second post containing the list, and let me know if I have missed anything. :smile.::thumbsup:

Good luck with all progress!!!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

However, it's not all fun and games: several frater still need to start their entry! Brother Argent, Drac0, Soldier of Dorn (TFFKATP otherwise known as The Frater Formerly Known as The Psycho), Tankus Wokus (a veteran of the Arena) and GreyRavenC (as well as, let's face it, myself) still need to step into the arena with base miniatures! TICK TOCK, brothers! :smile.:

Wait, did I forget to do something? I thought I was finished :huh.:

@MindOfMetal: I love, love, love that facial tattoo of your Custodes warrior. The dark teal armor makes me extremely curious. Are we seeing something different than the canonical bronze and gold there? Any chance of a WIP shot of the entire model?

He is part of my force of "Warders of the Vaults of Rython". My headfluff for them is that they are the Custodes assigned to guard the webway project initially and had the Golden armour removed and replaced with black to show their commitment to this duty and the fact that they have lost all chance to get any new names added to their tally. Their inclusion (in my headfluff) in the Prospero events are because of what Magnus did to the webway.

Edited by MindOfMetal

@ Vairocanum: Thanks for those! I must've missed them. I've updated the challenge list with the posts in this thread - I'm not going to include the ones ni Mikhal's own thread, as that would be a nightmare to do for everyone. ;)

@ KennyJam: Thanks, buddy! I'm still trying to figure out how to get the jaw in a proportionally accurate head for the prince. Any ideas? :)

@Grotsmasha: Holy mother of god, what is that?! They make models that big?! - Looks like very crisp painting you're pulling off there, although the picture is a bit out of focus. Will you apply any weathering of any sorts at all at some stage? 

I also approve of what I believe is an old Predator box in the background? :woot:

Edited by Brother Kortmer

IV

Progress continues... Now both arms are magnetised. The shield arm will count as an iron halo + plasma pistol in-game. Thoughts, as ever, are welcome. As are suggestions for additions to him (particularly in terms of magnetising options). A XIII Legion battle standard is already in the works...

http://i.imgur.com/zSTUPrL.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/3fjguHb.jpg?1

Edited by BrotherCaptainArkhan

More great work, everybody is doing such great converting and painting and here I am working on monopose models that are 20 years old.

They might not look like much has happened but they where undercoated in black and received a light coat of metal. In terms of colour schemes, I am leaning towards doing a variant of the original colour scheme. My plastic Necrons are all non metal coloured so I haven’t done metal looking Necrons since the last time I painted these almost two decades ago.

gallery_29932_13461_80001.jpg

Close up of five of them
gallery_29932_13461_3714.jpg

And the other five
gallery_29932_13461_65324.jpg

Edited by Trokair

@ Vairocanum: Thanks for those! I must've missed them. I've updated the challenge list with the posts in this thread - I'm not going to include the ones ni Mikhal's own thread, as that would be a nightmare to do for everyone. ;)

Wooooooot? Why is this a nightmare? Because of horrendous loading times? The sheet mass oft pics? Tell me so I CaN make an event out of it.

@Mikhal: I think he meant it would be a nightmare to keep track of everyone's different WIP threads so he's only going to add the two posts you did in the event thread. Cause then he did add your other two updates then he'd have to add pics from other participant's WIP threads as well. 

On another note I found myself with more hobby time than I expected so my Wolf Lord will be completed tmr but pics might come Monday instead (depending on light conditions).

I added th backpacks to the CSM, do you guys still think they need something else to identify them as power armoured marines?

gallery_92948_12550_521790.jpg

I think that the backpack did a lot for them, and they're now clearly recognisable, but will appreciate a lot any feedback on that. I still need to do six more for another squad I had from a while ago before I start painting them, but I think I'll manage to finish at least this six before the month ends.

@Mikhal: I think he meant it would be a nightmare to keep track of everyone's different WIP threads so he's only going to add the two posts you did in the event thread. Cause then he did add your other two updates then he'd have to add pics from other participant's WIP threads as well. 

On another note I found myself with more hobby time than I expected so my Wolf Lord will be completed tmr but pics might come Monday instead (depending on light conditions).

Haha what Vairocanum said, Mikhal. :tu:

....I ......guess.....my account was.....hijacked?

I added th backpacks to the CSM, do you guys still think they need something else to identify them as power armoured marines?

I think that the backpack did a lot for them, and they're now clearly recognisable, but will appreciate a lot any feedback on that. I still need to do six more for another squad I had from a while ago before I start painting them, but I think I'll manage to finish at least this six before the month ends.

No, they're very obviously Traitor Astartes. Solid job there mate. What's their scheme going to be like?