+++ The Hunt for the Fallen +++

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_15465_647565.png

Unforgiven, our traitorous Fallen brethren have thrown down the gauntlet, they have challenged the mighty 1st Legion and it's Deathwing to a show of strength. The Fallen March even now, prideful in their betrayal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Challenge is simple, vow and complete Deathwing units, including Dedicated transports and Dreadnoughts, within your ETL VII vows, making sure to repost your vows and completions here. Each completed unit is worth 1 point. The most points wins.

Eligible Units:

Belial

Master in Terminator Armour

Master in Cataphractii Armour

Librarian in Terminator Armour

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Apothecary

Deathwing Champion

Deathwing Knights

Deathwing Terminators

Deathwing Terminators in Tartaros Armour

Deathwing Terminators in Cataphractii Armour

Landraider (must be painted in 1st Company colours)

Dreadnoughts and Relic Dreadnoughts (must be painted in 1st Company colours)

Contemptor, Deredeo, and Leviathan Dreadnoughts (must be painted in 1st Company colours)

Out of Competition Vows may also be included here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fallen must Repent, let the Hunt begin anew...

Edited by Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_15465_75874.png

Participants in the Hunt

Almagor - 1x Venerable Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Angel of Solitude - 1x Venerable Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Gederas - 1x Landraider Crusader, Librarian in TDA, Interrogator Chaplain in TDA, Deathwing Champion, Apothecary, and Ancient, Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, Chaplain Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Grand Master Belial - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

GreyRavenC - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

Grotsmasha - 3x Deathwing Masters, Deathwing Champion, Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Cataphractii Squad, 4x Deathwing Squads - Vow - Completion

Isual - 1x Contemptor Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Lostrael - 1x Relic Contemptor Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Master Ciaphas - 1x Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Deathwing Ancient - Vow - Completion

Raychu - 1x Deathwing Squad - Vow - Completion

Shaneos - 1x Relic Doredeo Dreadnought - Vow - Completion

Zujura - 1x Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Cataphractii Squad - Vow - Completion

Potential Points - 30

Claimed Points - 30

Edited by Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha, I ask:

What about Relic Dreadnoughts, like the Deredeo and Leviathan?

Because I have a Deredeo I'm planning on painting up with Deathwing honours for my second vow.

Excellent, the game is on. :thumbsup:

The idea is to help with motivation, so the "rules" are rather loose. As long as it is painted (and possibly converted) to be Deathwing, you can enter it here. This includes any type of Dreadnoughts, but also things like Company Veterans with a Rhino - maybe they had to get out of their TA for demands of the mission. What if your successor chapter already includes Primaris in its Deathwing - get creative! Sorry, just found out the background has changed a bit in the new codex - ignore the last bits!

Just make sure they are unmistakenly Deathwing.

Edited by Darnok

What about successors? Those are different colour schemes.

I'm doing Successors too, and am planning on sticking to Terminator armour, rather than expanding into tanks and dreads. But since the challenge is predominately motivational, if it matches your 1st Company colours it will be fine :tu:

What about successors? Those are different colour schemes.

Over on the Fallen side pretty much the whole CSM list can be used, as long as conversions and paintjob make the affiliation to Fallen clear. So I consider successor chapters fair game, as long as the spirit of the game is upheld: just make sure it is Deathwing without a doubt.

Edited by Darnok

Grotsmasha, I ask:

What about Relic Dreadnoughts, like the Deredeo and Leviathan?

Because I have a Deredeo I'm planning on painting up with Deathwing honours for my second vow.

I believe as long as they're painted Deathwing they'll be acceptable :thumbsup:

That's the thing: My Army (outside of Primaris) is 30k/40k Crossover.

Or will the Bone colour on the Kneepad and helmet be enough on the Deredeo? :laugh.:

Then again, Relic Dreadnoughts should be esteemed enough to be Deathwing anyway, but I was just making sure.

Edited by Gederas

After a bit of a scrounge around I've dug out 20x TDA, a Belial,DW Apothecary, Master in TDA and DW Champion I can put into this for my 5th vow

I've got:

Deredeo Dreadnought

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought

Deathwing Apothecary

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Champion

Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armour

And a ton of Terminators :lol:

I've got plenty also, it is just a matter of if I can get enough painting done in time!
I 100% will be vowing a relic deredeo in the colours of the first, and maybe 5 DW knights. Have about 15 TDA and some chars also haha

After a bit of a scrounge around I've dug out 20x TDA, a Belial,DW Apothecary, Master in TDA and DW Champion I can put into this for my 5th vow

I've got:

Deredeo Dreadnought

Deathwing Apothecary

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Champion

And a ton of Terminators :laugh.:

Telling us about the grey plastic is nice, painting the grey plastic is even better :teehee:

I've got:

Deredeo Dreadnought

Deathwing Apothecary

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Champion

Telling us about the grey plastic is nice, painting the grey plastic is even better :teehee:

I need to finish these ten Mark III marines, then I'll be able to paint those guys :laugh.:

Still gonna have at least one Primaris unit in Vow II though.

Edit: Grotsmasha, I just realized, you forgot Librarians for the list of valid Deathwing vows. Remember, every Librarian (even the Primaris one) has the DEATHWING keyword.

Edited by Gederas

I wish i could partake! I have tons of terminators that need paiting, as well as 2 contemptor dreads... i also need to finally commit to a color scheme for my first company... silver ala grey knights or gray with silver picked out (shouder pads, helme, icons)

I've got:

Deredeo Dreadnought

Deathwing Apothecary

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Champion

I need to finish these ten Mark III marines, then I'll be able to paint those guys :laugh.:

Still gonna have at least one Primaris unit in Vow II though.

Edit: Grotsmasha, I just realized, you forgot Librarians for the list of valid Deathwing vows. Remember, every Librarian (even the Primaris one) has the DEATHWING keyword.

GRC - We'll get there...

Gederas - I'll fix it :tu: