+ Painting Event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VI +

Dosjetka

gallery_45765_12339_287578.png

Raise the flag high. Let those degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!

- Sergeant Adar Geronan, Imperial Fists 4th Company

[source: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), p.55]

[ + + + + + ]

Event Description:

Welcome to the 6th iteration of the Sons of Dorn/Imperial Fists Expansion, an event designed to motivate you to get your unpainted models out of their dusty boxes and to slap enough paint onto them to call them "finished"!

If you want to join in, follow these four easy steps:

1. Gather your unassembled and/or unpainted models that represent one of the many Chapters of Rogal Dorn's bloodline (or even the mighty VIIth Legion itself);
  2. Take a picture of them in their current state and post it in this thread along with a vow to paint them before the end of the event (11th November 2019 at 23:59 in your timezone);
  3. Once the models are painted to a level that you are happy with, take a picture of them and post in this thread to mark your vow as complete;
  4. If you've managed to complete your vow before 11th November and feel like painting some more, go back to step 1 and make another vow!

If you lack the inspiration and/or time to come up with an inspiring vow, consider using the following example as a foundation:

I, (insert forum name), vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (insert Chapter name) to complete (insert unit/model name and quantity) by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

If you have any questions, check out the Q&A section below. If you can't find an answer to your question below, feel free to ask in this thread or contact via personal message (PM).

Now get building and painting in the name of our Primarch and the Emperor! :thumbsup:

Event Q&A:

Q: Can I vow models that already have paint on them?

A: Yes! You can vow any model as long as you consider it to be unfinished.

Q: Can I paint up my models in the colours of a custom Chapter of my own design?

A: As long as you claim them to be from Dorn's gene-line, you can!

Q: Can I paint models that aren't from Codex: Space Marines (i.e. Deathwatch)?

A: Of course; they still wear their Chapter colours with pride on their right pauldron after all!

Q: Can I vow models that are vowed in the ETL?

A: Yes!

Q: Can I post ongoing progress pictures or just when the final ones?

A: The more in-progress pictures, the merrier!

Q: Is there an event banner for my signature space?

A: I'm glad you asked! It's tradition on the B&C to have signature banners for events and this is no exception!

300x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

33x100 pixel version: gallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

List of participants (in alphabetical order):

Aothaine: Vow 1

Brother Callidan: Vow 1

Brother Elysium: Vow 1

Canadian_F_H: Vow 1

CausticCossack: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Chaplain Dosjetka: Vow 1

Closet Skeleton: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Disruptor_fe404: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Gederas: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Happy-inquisitor: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Hellebras: Vow 1 COMPLETE | Vow 2 COMPLETE

JAG Templar: Vow 1 COMPLETE

JSC: Vow 1

Larkyn: Vow 1

Lemondish: Vow 1

lionofjudah: Vow 1

Mandragola: Vow 1 COMPLETE

marcusc: Vow 1 COMPLETE | Vow 2 COMPLETE

nusphigor: Vow 1 COMPLETE | Vow 2  COMPLETE

Osteoclast: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Reinhard: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Rizara: Vow 1 COMPLETE

SufficientAnonymity: Vow 1 COMPLETE | Vow 2 COMPLETE

Thalidar: Vow 1 COMPLETE

Thanatos31: Vow 1

viewasjack: Vow 1 COMPLETE

vossyvo: Vow 1 COMPLETE | Vow 2 COMPLETE

I, Lemondish, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists, to complete one 5 man Intercessor squad, a Primaris Captain, and an Impulsor by November 2019.

No photo of this pledge as they have yet to arrive (or in one case release), but I'm making it early to keep me committed this time!

P.S. Heads up, the suggested quote still says March ;)

gallery_85153_15039_72307.png

Invaders Chapter Phobos expansion coming... not that soon thanks to ETL.

I, Closet Skeleton, in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Master of Mankind, vow to complete 10 Reivers, 10 Infiltrators and 1 Phobos Lieutenant before November 11th 2019.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I, Thanatos31, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Emperor's Warbringers to complete 15 intercessors, 10 Hellblasters, 1Redemptor, 3 Eliminators, 1 Repulsor Executioner, 1 StormHawk by 11thNovember 2019.

Bringers of war!

(some pictures HERE )

Edited by Thanatos31

I, viewasjack, vow in the name of our Primarch Rogal Dorn, the glorious eternal Master of Mankind and on the honour of the Crimson Fists Chapter, the saviours of Rynn's World, to complete 2 x 5-man Intercessor squads and a Primaris Lieutenant before the 11th of November.

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of Him on Earth!

​Will post pictoral evidence later today!

48559610471_da098605b5_z.jpg

Edited by viewasjack

I, lionofjudah, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the the glorious yellow of the VIIth to complete 1 DORNNNNNNN!!!!, 1 leviathan, 1 deredero, 2 10 man squads, 1 apothecary, 1 librarian, 1 company champion, 5 terminators and a sicarian by 11th November 2019.

Pics to follow ETL completion of my vow in the AoD forum;)

For Dorn, Terra, and the Em

I, Thanatos31, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Emperor's Warbringers to complete 15 intercessors, 10 Hellblasters, 1Redemptor, 3 Eliminators, 1 Repulsor Executioner, 1 StormTalon by 11thNovember 2019.

Bringers of war!

(some pictures HERE )

I'll need some pictures of the unfinished models as a "starter" picture, please. :)

Question, can I vow models that are vowed in the ETL?

By all means do, yes!

And last but not least, welcome to viewasjack and lionofjudah. :tu:

i pledge one unit of Terminators and one Primaris Ancient to the service of Dorn and the Crimson Fists.

Photos to follow if I can get them uploaded before I go on vacation. Just did the basic rattle-can base coat followed by the base blue airbrush on the termies so a pretty productive evening by my standards.

Edited by Happy-inquisitor

I, Thanatos31, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Emperor's Warbringers to complete 15 intercessors, 10 Hellblasters, 1Redemptor, 3 Eliminators, 1 Repulsor Executioner, 1 StormTalon by 11thNovember 2019.

Bringers of war!

(some pictures HERE )

I'll need some pictures of the unfinished models as a "starter" picture, please. :smile.:

IMG 3159

StormHawk

Please have a look :) 
some are just assembled, some are at the stage of edge highlights - few are already ready for transfers

It's about time I finally start getting through some of my backlog, so in my first vow of what I hope will be quite a few, lets get some boots on the ground.

I, JSC, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 30 Intercessors and 6 Centurions by 11th November 2019.

Dorn VI Vow 1

Welcome to the event, Happy-inquisitor and Osteoclast! And welcome to the event and the B&C, JSC! :thumbsup:

It's been a week since the event started and we already have 10 participants; great stuff. :smile.:

Do we post ongoing progress or just when we're done? 

I, Nusphigor, have returned from the depths of the warp by the grace of Him on Terra, and vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Lieutenant with Power Sword and Master Crafted Boltgun,3 Devastator Marines with Missile Launchers, a Devastator Sergeant with Boltgun and Chainsword, 2 Assault Marines with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, 2 Scouts with Boltgun, 1 Scout with Missile Launcher and a Scout Sergeant with Boltgun by 11th November 2019.

68878229_10156600118159150_2889952651594

Edited borked formatting.